TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
JerryAC

Tivo HD $99 lifetime

I was offered a few months ago a lifetime subscription for my Tivo HD for $99.the Tivo rep said I could purchase it at any time as he had noted the offer on my account.

I watch the HD unit very little, and have decided to deactivate it and put it in the closet, or offer it for sale.

I have a Premiere that I bought used on ebay which is grandfathered at the $12.95 rate. I will keep this one for now. It still has about 20 months warranty left in it.

Should I purchase the lifetime on the HD and try to sell it, or sell it without the lifetime? I'm not an e-bay seller, although I have bought on e-bay. I would like to get about $200 out of the unit with lifetime. It doesn't have much value without the lifetime.

Opinions or Suggestions?

Thanks
JerryAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
stcaudle12

Sell

Well a tivo hd sells for about $50 but with lifetime $250 so it seems like a good deal to buy the $99 lifetime. Still have to pay ebay fees.
stcaudle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
MeInDallas

Get the $99 lifetime and sell it on Ebay. Without subscription its not worth much at all, but with lifetime on it you could get as much as $300 to $350 from what I have seen. Just go to Ebay and search for "Tivo Lifetime" and then look at the completed auctions. That should give you a good idea of what they are going for. I would definately take advantage of the $99 lifetime if its offered.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

With lifetime the HD will easily bring $250 on eBay and probably a bit more.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryAC View Post
I have a Premiere that I bought used on ebay which is grandfathered at the $12.95 rate. I will keep this one for now. It still has about 20 months warranty left in it.
$12.95 is the standard monthly rate for a Premiere with MSD. If the THD is your only other TiVo, removing it from your account would mean you no longer qualify.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
JerryAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
$12.95 is the standard monthly rate for a Premiere with MSD. If the THD is your only other TiVo, removing it from your account would mean you no longer qualify.
My Premiere monthly is $12.95. No MSD required to get that rate. I am now paying $9.95 for the HD, which has the MSD applied.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
JerryAC

Thanks for the information. I need to go ahead with the lifetime on the HD. Then sell it on e-bay.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
emphasis

good deal

definitely a good deal
emphasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
steinercat

Sent PM.
steinercat is offline   Reply With Quote