TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
wp746911

Netflix and transfer cuts in and out (wireless N)-network vs reciever?

I have my tivo premiere hooked up via a netgear wn2500rp wireless bridge to a netgear wndr3700 wireless router. The signal strength is excellent. The tivo premiere feeds into a pioner vsx-1121 receiver which then goes to my pioneer tv. The connection seems very fast- when I transfer from that tivo to my other premiere (which has a wired ethernet connection) it is very fast- 1 hour HD shows in 5-10 minutes total max.
1)But when I'm watching netflix the screen goes out (not just like its paused, but almost like the receiver is switching input modes or something- it goes completely off and the recevier flashes) and then it goes back on- takes a few seconds.
2)Also, sometimes during show streams (not transfers) to the other tivo premiere it will say the connection failed or somethign like that and I have to hit retry and it will continue.

It sounds like its overall some sort of network issue- but what? I've assigned static ip addresses and that hasn't fixed the netflix issue (haven't tested tivo to tivo streaming again)? I should run a ethernet cable to see if that fixes the tivo but with a great wireless signal what could be doing that? Also, if it was just a network issue why does the receiver flash and the tv go comletely off- almost like its changing inputs or something?
wp746911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

To eliminate interference on the wireless, try changing the wireless channel. Other wireless networks, microwaves, cordless phones and such can interfere with the wireless signal, even though you have a good signal strength.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp746911 View Post
I have my tivo premiere hooked up via a netgear wn2500rp wireless bridge to a netgear wndr3700 wireless router. The signal strength is excellent. The tivo premiere feeds into a pioner vsx-1121 receiver which then goes to my pioneer tv. The connection seems very fast- when I transfer from that tivo to my other premiere (which has a wired ethernet connection) it is very fast- 1 hour HD shows in 5-10 minutes total max.
1)But when I'm watching netflix the screen goes out (not just like its paused, but almost like the receiver is switching input modes or something- it goes completely off and the recevier flashes) and then it goes back on- takes a few seconds.
2)Also, sometimes during show streams (not transfers) to the other tivo premiere it will say the connection failed or somethign like that and I have to hit retry and it will continue.

It sounds like its overall some sort of network issue- but what? I've assigned static ip addresses and that hasn't fixed the netflix issue (haven't tested tivo to tivo streaming again)? I should run a ethernet cable to see if that fixes the tivo but with a great wireless signal what could be doing that? Also, if it was just a network issue why does the receiver flash and the tv go comletely off- almost like its changing inputs or something?
The Netflix app on Tivo starts out at a lower res. then ramps up as it downloads more. This is probably causing your switch and it is probably only amplified by going through your receiver
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote