TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
jcostom

THD on FiOS, would like to swap out for an M-card

Hello all..

I've had a happily running THD on FiOS for years now. When we got it, there were no multi-stream cards, so we have two single-stream cards.

What's the process look like to swap out for a single M-Card? I figure if it's not difficult, might as well reclaim that $4 a month.

Obviously, they'll send someone out to do the swap, but is it as simple as pull the old cards out, pair the new one and that's it?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Martin Tupper
Pontiff Emeritus

I swapped mine out the weekend before last.

I called customer support and said that I wanted to swap out (4) single-tuner cards for (2) multituner cards. They didn't understand what I was asking. Their system only shows one type of cable card and it apparently made no mention of S-Card vs. M-Card.

I ordered (2) new cards over the phone, which I was able to pickup at a local Verizon store. The new cards were red and white, and clearly labeled "M-Card". I got home, popped them in the TiVos, activated them online, and was up and running in about 5 minutes.

I waited until I got everything working before returning the S-Cards to the Verizon store. Knowing what I know, I would have taken the S-Cards with me on the first trip. After verifying that the new cards said "M-Card", I would have immediately returned the S-Cards

Last edited by Martin Tupper : 07-24-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Martin Tupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Yeah, I'd just trade cards at the store. That's what I did recently when replacing an S3 with a Premiere. They don't need to send anyone to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote