TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Big Brother - ep05 - 7/22/2012

Wow, I never watched the Survivor with Willie's brother, but I hope woman ever procreates with that family. Apparently they have mental issues. What an ass. Glad to see him go.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
bryhamm
randomize

so sad

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Willie deserved to go, of course. I'm glad he got a headbutt in on Joe before he left, though. Shortly before the live feeds cut out Joe was talking big about how he would whoop Willie's ass and said he was going downstairs to provoke Willie. So, his whole "I hope he finds peace" thing was an act. And he wilted after the first shot.

And Britney did an excellent job of riling Willie up over the last 24 hours and humiliating him in front of the house. The outcome was inevitable when dealing with a man with Willie's temperament. He isn't properly equipped to handle being cornered. He's going to explode and fight. Those two were a terrible pair and fed each other's paranoia over the first week and a half.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Russell must be rolling in his Survivor grave. Not to mention the embarrassment! This guy had no game whatsoever!

At least now the noms will be a bit of a surprise.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Russell must be rolling in his Survivor grave. Not to mention the embarrassment! This guy had no game whatsoever!

At least now the noms will be a bit of a surprise.
Yeah, but in essence it's like Frank was given back-to-back HOH's ... Willie is gone (which he wanted) and he still gets to put 2 people up.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Russell and his ego probably will enjoy it as it will "prove" he was better than his brother and his brother didn't outdo him.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
sburnside1

I love how all his family members keep wanting to "not be Russell", instead they have all been pathetic. Russell was at least fun to watch, creative, and made it to the end. If they wanted to be better than Russell, they needed to do the above, but not gloat like Russell did.

I laughed at Boogies screw-up at the comp, but it was for the best. Dan needs to quit trying to play weak. Boogie and Janelle wont fall for that.
sburnside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
Enrique

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post
And Britney did an excellent job of riling Willie up over the last 24 hours and humiliating him in front of the house. The outcome was inevitable when dealing with a man with Willie's temperament. He isn't properly equipped to handle being cornered. He's going to explode and fight. Those two were a terrible pair and fed each other's paranoia over the first week and a half.
I loved it. It was such a well executed plan that it was almost beautiful. I'm going to miss Willie, but he just let himself get played and he let himself get used.
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Russell and his ego probably will enjoy it as it will "prove" he was better than his brother and his brother didn't outdo him.
True. Russell was pretty tough on his nephew on the live reunion show. BTW, is Willie the nephew's dad? Hmmm.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #10
nmiller855

I heard that Willie is 34 & about to be a grandfather. So unfortunately they are breeding. It is rumored that Russell is separated from his wife & that he hooked up with Krista in the sequester house. She may be on his show with him but I don't know because I've never seen it.
If I never see another Hantz on TV again, that would be fine with me.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #11
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I think Joe was doing a bit of CYA there because he was afraid of getting kicked out too. That's why he had to point out that Willie had 'rushed him'.

I wondered if Willie had planned to get kicked out but wasn't he begging Joe to hit him? That would have gotten Joe kicked out instead (maybe also).
Old 07-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Yeah, Joe definitely over acted on the "head butt" part.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #13
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
Wow, I never watched the Survivor with Willie's brother, but I hope woman ever procreates with that family. Apparently they have mental issues. What an ass. Glad to see him go.
Russell never did anything like that on Survivor. Willie was much worse than Russell.

I defended Willie after Thursday's episode, but after last night's episode, I was wrong to defend him. He is crazy!!!
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
tiams

Quote:
Willie deserved to go, of course. I'm glad he got a headbutt in on Joe before he left, though. Shortly before the live feeds cut out Joe was talking big about how he would whoop Willie's ass and said he was going downstairs to provoke Willie. So, his whole "I hope he finds peace" thing was an act. And he wilted after the first shot.

Joe seems like a weasel.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #15
tiams

I love love loved when Boogie jumped off the balance beam and his ego lost him the challenge!!!!

Dan was an idiot for throwing it. He should have fought to make his only remaining player safe. Never leave your fate to someone else when you have the chance to control it yourself.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #16
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
I heard that Willie is 34 & about to be a grandfather. So unfortunately they are breeding. It is rumored that Russell is separated from his wife & that he hooked up with Krista in the sequester house. She may be on his show with him but I don't know because I've never seen it.
Ewww and ewww

I agree, I hope this is the last of the Hantz's.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
who's Krista?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #18
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
who's Krista?
Former Survivor contestent:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #19
Dnamertz

Quote:
And Britney did an excellent job of riling Willie up over the last 24 hours and humiliating him in front of the house.
I'm not sure what her logic was there, unless she was willing to cut her loses and wanted him evicted. Seemed like a better coach would have tried talking him down (if that was possible). Instead, when she was asking him questions and when he would respond to each one she says "shut up". Then she accused him of only thinking of himself (which you have to do in BB), but just minutes prior she said "do you know how your behaviou makes ME look?"...talk about thinking of yourself.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #20
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
I'm not sure what her logic was there, unless she was willing to cut her loses and wanted him evicted. Seemed like a better coach would have tried talking him down (if that was possible).
I think she realized that he couldn't talked down. And as you say, BB is a solitary game, so she was thinking of herself. And as you also say, as a good coach, she was thinking of her remaining players. So all in all, good move.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post

Joe seems like a weasel.
This. I wasn't really paying much attention as I was watching it, but the actual physical fight seemed pretty lame to me. So nobody has ever gotten physical on BB before and not gotten ejected?

Quote:

Dan was an idiot for throwing it.
Yeah, I don't remember Dan from his season, but I don't see him getting away with being a weak player. He did win, after all.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #22
Shaunnick

Part of Dan's strategy his season was oftentimes to play weak and at other times throw his alliance under the bus. It worked for him.

He cannot do that this season. He is playing weak and encouraging his players to do so. In doing so, they look like losers because they do not have the charisma Dan had. Also, Janelle and Boogie are aware of how Dan plays.

In short, what worked for Dan before is not working here. He is not being a god coach because he rarely does any coaching at all, for either Kara last week or Danielle this week.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #23
stellie93

Brittany, on the other hand, does way too much coaching. Willie would have self destructed sooner or later, but why go to him with the idea of the coaches becoming players? Actually I thought the idea of a players only meeting was pretty good if he could have handled it correctly.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #24
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Part of Dan's strategy his season was oftentimes to play weak and at other times throw his alliance under the bus. It worked for him.

He cannot do that this season. He is playing weak and encouraging his players to do so. In doing so, they look like losers because they do not have the charisma Dan had. Also, Janelle and Boogie are aware of how Dan plays.

In short, what worked for Dan before is not working here. He is not being a god coach because he rarely does any coaching at all, for either Kara last week or Danielle this week.

I disagree. There aren't many outcomes where Frank stays over Kara. The only reason she was evicted was to spite Willie, who was actually looking like a stable character early in the week. Dan and Kara had to get unlucky for her to get evicted. As for whether Dan's weak act will work again this time, I'm not so sure, but it was probably worth the small risk of throwing that first coaches comp for potential long term rewards. (Janelle is openly proud of having beaten Dan in the first coaches comp.)

Of course this week, Dan threw the coaches comp when there were two big targets in the game, both of whom were likely to be nominated--Willie and Shane. When Willie was removed Frank was given a bonus HOH essentially. So again, he had to get unlucky for Danielle to be the first alternate this week.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #25
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
I love love loved when Boogie jumped off the balance beam and his ego lost him the challenge!!!!
There was a line at the end of the beam in which the player had to cross each time before grabbing the next stack of money. I could see how Boogie would think he was done anyway.

Also the whole headbutt didn't look at as bad as what reports I read online.

Now this is a headbutt!

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #26
mattack

One of the women said something like "that's got to be the worst way to leave Big Brother in its history"... But she's forgetting the guy who pulled a knife on others? Or at least he "pretended" to pull it on them?? or am I misremembering?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #27
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

BB2 US 2001- Justin Gets Expelled From the Big Brother House
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Big Brother 2 - Justin holds knife to Krista's neck - kiss
You need to upgrade your Flash Player