Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #91
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb

I don't believe she'd do that for a second. In fact, I'll go out on a limb right now and predict that no matter who she picks, that she doesn't move to where they live right now.
That's not much of a limb, given the track record of bachelorettes/bachelors
Old 07-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #92
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
I must've missed the Bottled Water part, but I'd still like to know if that's a real job and what kind of numbers we're talking about and how much time he actually spends there. He just doesn't come across as someone who would be that responsible and that much of a self starter. At least not to me. Maybe it's just the whole skateboard and pompadour thing that's putting me off.
Google was my friend:

http://www.peoplewater.com/

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor...u-need-to-know
Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #93
tiams

I did notice Jef was drinking alcohol last night. So he isn't a strict Mormon
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #94
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb08 View Post
That's not much of a limb, given the track record of bachelorettes/bachelors
Well that's true. I also predict they won't actually get married.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #95
tiams

I'll go out on a limb and say Arie and Emily do end up getting married. Being a single mom is hard and Emily wants some help and more children while Little Ricki is still young. Her situation is so very different from the other young, single, carefree bachelorettes we have seen that I really believe there will be a wedding.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #96
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I'll go out on a limb and say Arie and Emily do end up getting married. Being a single mom is hard and Emily wants some help and more children while Little Ricki is still young. Her situation is so very different from the other young, single, carefree bachelorettes we have seen that I really believe there will be a wedding.
I'm a cynic by nature but a romantic at heart. Believe it or not, I hope you're right.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #97
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I did notice Jef was drinking alcohol last night. So he isn't a strict Mormon
He's been pretty open about the fact that while most of his family is devout, he's not "currently practicing." That's how he put it in his conference call for the press at the beginning of the season.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #98
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Anybody watch The Men Tell All? I haven't been really watching this show (don't normally watch The Bachelorette anymore) but man.... Kalon and Ryan both seem like total tools.

I guess the producers picked up on that during casting and figured they'd make the show umm... interesting.
cwerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #99
tiams

I watched it. My favorite part was when Chris asked Emily how many of the guys she thought she would be sleeping with and she said all 25. Chris Harrison said they are considering at some point airing an hour of just bloopers and outtakes.

Don't forget, finale is Sunday!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #100
tiams

Seven things that didn't make it on the air during the taping of The Men Tell All:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...maynard-350026
Old 07-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #101
mattack

Quote:
I watched it. My favorite part was when Chris asked Emily how many of the guys she thought she would be sleeping with and she said all 25. Chris Harrison said they are considering at some point airing an hour of just bloopers and outtakes.
That was obviously a joke about all 25..

when did he say that about an hour of bloopers?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #102
nyny523
Oy

The bloopers WERE funny...
Old 07-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #103
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
That was obviously a joke about all 25..

when did he say that about an hour of bloopers?
Yeah, I know it was a joke. Chris said that about the blooper show in his blog.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #104
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

heads up: finale on Sunday

I didn't realize that the finale and After the Final Rose ep will be on Sunday this time. Bachelor Pad starts on Monday.

I'm going to post a SP alert, if there isn't one already.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:52 AM   #105
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

No discussion after the finale? I skipped some part since I'm not really watching the show at all.

Boy... leave up to ABC to do the usual misdirection. They had me thinking she'd pick neither person.

Glad to see that things seem like they're going well w/Jef and Emily, so far.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:03 AM   #106
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
I kind of only skimmed the finale, but I think I got the jist of it. I always had a feeling she wasn't going to pick Ari i the end, and he'd become the next Bachelor. i guess we'll see if that's right (if they announced that I missed it).

I also never thought she'd pick Jeff, but the last episode kind of made it make more sense for me. He is the best Dad material if that's what she's looking for. He's also very "not scary" and after Brad, that's probably a pretty attractive attribute. It'll be interesting to see how far it actually goes. Did he propose or did they decide to wait and see how it goes? I was so sure they would that I tuned out once I found out she picked Jeff.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:19 AM   #107
nyny523
Oy

Ah - she shoulda picked Arie.

I think her fear motivated her choice - Arie was a little "scarier". Probably a better match for her, but I guess we will never know.

She did look happy with Jef. Maybe together they will find the other "f"...
Old 07-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #108
rrrobinsonjr

The Karate Kid 2 music?? LOL...That was hilarious.

Humanitarian aid trip to Africa?? WTF? Stay home and leave that crap to some 20-somethings with no kids....and don't get AIDS. Count me out. I just fell out of love.

I still can't believe she picked the little kid that came in on a skateboard. He looks like he should be dating Ricki.

PEOPLE PLEASE ONE "F" ONLY!!! He is clearly a JEF and not a JEFF or even a GEOFF!
rrrobinsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #109
nyny523
Oy

I think one of the reasons she is attracted to Jef is because, in many ways, he is like a big kid.

Remember, this is a girl who was engaged and pregnant at 18. She didn't get to have much of a "youth" - she had a lot of responsibility being a single parent at a very young age. I think she wants to do the things that most 20-somethings think about doing - and this guy has the money and desire to make her happy. I was wondering if they planned on taking the kid to Africa - not sure if that is such a great idea, but it's not my kid...

And the music throughout the season was hilarious - I cracked up every time she started kissing one of the guys and they automatically switched to some corny, make-out music. Hilarious!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #110
tiams

I was shocked she chose Jef. I really thought it would be Arie. But I do think these two will go the distance. Jef will be a much better dad than Arie.

I think it's great they are going to Africa to help get clean water for people. It will be good to get away so the tabloids can't tear them asunder. I imagine they won't be gone more than a couple of weeks though because of Little Ricky. I wish the show had shown a little more about Jef's company and what it does.

I felt very badly for Arie though. Perhaps being the next Bachelor will ease his pain.

This has been my favorite season of all The Bachelorettes and The Bachelors. It seemed the most real and honest. Maybe because I relate to Emily as a single mom.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #111
rrrobinsonjr

Quote:
I think it's great they are going to Africa.....

...I relate to Emily as a single mom.
Would YOU go to Africa and risk leaving your own child(ren) motherless? Are those people getting fresh water more important than your own children?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #112
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrobinsonjr View Post
Would YOU go to Africa and risk leaving your own child(ren) motherless? Are those people getting fresh water more important than your own children?
OK, now that's just a little extreme.

There are plenty of places in Africa that are not dangerous - just in great need of help.

I think it is admirable that she and Jef want to make a difference there - if I had the time and resources, I would love to do the same.

It's not as if going there puts them at any more risk than a lot of other places you can travel. Hell - going to the movies in your local mall can prove to be more dangerous as we have learned...

Just sayin'...
Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #113
tiams

Quote:
Whaaaat? Because I am my child's only parent I avoid putting my own life in danger. But I do travel occasionally.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #114
Win Joy Jr

Quote:
Wow. Really?

Feel the same way about firefighters who run into burning buildings? Or military?

Just. Wow.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #115
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win Joy Jr View Post
Wow. Really?

Feel the same way about firefighters who run into burning buildings? Or military?

Just. Wow.
Those are very different things from traveling to Africa on a humanitarian mission. As a single mother, I would not become a fire fighter or volunteer for war because if I die my young child is parentless.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #116
rrrobinsonjr

Quote:
Those are very different things from traveling to Africa on a humanitarian mission.
Not really.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #117
tiams

Quote:
Not really.
Running into a burning building and volunteering for war are the same as going to Africa????? I think you must have some kind of personal reason for thinking that because it is not logical.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #118
Alfer
WOOSAH!

What date is everyone marking their calendars showing the date the end it (and each go to People Magazine to discuss "what went wrong").

I still say it will happen in less than 6 months. My mom who is an avid viewer pretty much agrees.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #119
rrrobinsonjr

Quote:
Running into a burning building and volunteering for war are the same as going to Africa????? I think you must have some kind of personal reason for thinking that because it is not logical.
Both are risking your life for the sake of others. It's a wonderfully unselfish thing to do. But it can also be view as irresponsible if you are raising a child on your own.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #120
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post
Reality Steve has revealed the F4 and even F3. Another site I found confirmed the F3 and went down to the F2.

F4 in no particular order
Spoiler:
Arie, Chris, Sean, Jef

F3 in no particular order
Spoiler:
Jef, Arie, Sean

F2
Spoiler:
Jef and Sean.
Reality Steve had it right until the final two. I didn't read any spoilers until today.