TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
cstelter

White Collar S04E02 "Most Wanted" OAD 7/17/2012

Well, looks like they're trying to get back to 'business as usual' as quickly as possible. I'd like to say I didn't see this general type of resolution coming, but...

The show has done a reasonably good job of threading a season long story into the episodes-- hopefully the last twist is going to turn out to be a part of a greater story. We'll see.

I'm a bit disappointed with the first two episodes. I hope it picks up.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I am betting that Peter is not in 'blue collar' crime very long. Or maybe his whole gang helps him find people. And Mozz, where will he be? We need him in NY!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Fahtrim

Ep 1 & 2, Get Neal back to White Collar in NYC, EP 3 & 4 get Peter back to White Collar in NYC. Ep 5 & 6 Get Mozzie back.

Remaining episodes, random stuff where Peter's wife is in danger and some really shiny stuff is stolen and returned..

Win
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
speedcouch
Geekneck

I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought the writers came up with a clever way to have Neal forgiven for his sins. There's certainly a big difference from being a quasi-reformed con man/art thief being "Wanted" and a long-time "Most Wanted" criminal sought by the FBI. Giving Neal his old job back with the anklet was a fair trade off to them for getting the other guy, I'm sure.

What I thought was contrived was them reassigning Peter to a lessor job. I really thought that was stupid.
Sony Bravia, 20 inch
HR34-700
HR21-100
Panasonic DMR-E30S
Kenwood VR-7060
DirecTV since Aug 1995
XM since May 2004
speedcouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcouch View Post
What I thought was contrived was them reassigning Peter to a lessor job. I really thought that was stupid.
Also, the FBI agent who deliberately shot Neal in the leg not only got off scot-free, but he actually got credit for an epic bust. I would think that Peter and Neal, once they were back in the US, would have been able to get that guy in trouble for deliberately shooting an unarmed, restrained prisoner.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Also, the FBI agent who deliberately shot Neal in the leg not only got off scot-free, but he actually got credit for an epic bust. I would think that Peter and Neal, once they were back in the US, would have been able to get that guy in trouble for deliberately shooting an unarmed, restrained prisoner.
+1000

He should be brought up on charges for that. It was a clearly illegal act. Even if he claimed Neal was fleeing, he cannot shoot a fleeing suspect unless he represents a clear and present danger to the public safety. Neal has been convicted of theft, never a violent crime. He is a much bigger criminal than Neal!

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
BetaMark

We won't be watching. Matt Bomer's coming out pretty much shattered the sense of romance I had about the series.

Don't get me wrong... I think he should be able to live any way he wants to in his private life. It's just too much of a stretch for me to watch him playing a debonaire ladies' man.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaMark View Post
We won't be watching. Matt Bomer's coming out pretty much shattered the sense of romance I had about the series.

Don't get me wrong... I think he should be able to live any way he wants to in his private life. It's just too much of a stretch for me to watch him playing a debonaire ladies' man.
I know exactly what you mean.

I used to think I loved Firefly, but then I found out that Nathan Fillion was only faking being a spaceship captain, and I realized the show sucked.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #9
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I used to think I loved Firefly, but then I found out that Nathan Fillion was only faking being a spaceship captain, and I realized the show sucked.
But Morena Baccarin really has sex for money, right? I'd have to stop watching Firefly reruns if I found out she was only acting.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #10
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:

You know, it's funny you say that. I watched these two shows, the first since he came out, with the brief thought, "Is it any different now? Do I see him differently since I know he's gay?"

And ya' know what... not at all. He's such a great looking, very handsome, very debonair (your word, and you're right) actor, that I have no problem seeing him exactly as the character he portrays.

And I'm a raging hetero.

YMDV.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #11
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

I feel the same way about Matt Bomer as I do about Rock Hudson, Cary Grant, and Randolph Scott -- they're charismatic and debonair and have great chemistry with the ladies. I can easily see them playing for both teams.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:

When did he come out? I hadn't heard that.

Makes no difference to me. Plenty of straight guys play gay characters and vice versa. I don't even think about it once the show starts.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

Makes no difference to me. Plenty of straight guys play gay characters and vice versa. I don't even think about it once the show starts.
It was earlier this summer I think.

I totally forgot about it while watching these episodes. Not an issue for me, he can pull it off. Same thing with Neal Patrick Harris in How I met your Mother.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #14
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:

It is weird seeing him be such an irresistable ladies man now that I know he's gay. I chuckled a little bit at his scenes with that beautiful woman but it won't stop me from watching the show. I think the characters Neal and Peter have been a closeted gay couple for a while anyway. I can't imagine what the fanfic for this show would be like.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I don't see Neal any differently now that Matthew has come out.

I don't see Barney any differently after Neal Patrick Harris came out.

I have no problem believing Cameron Tucker is gay even though Eric Stonestreet is straight.

I have no problem believing Sheldon Cooper is asexual even though Jim Parsons is gay.

I have no problem thinking Tom Cruise is gay even though he says he's not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #16
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Mark obviously thinks about whether or not people are gay a lot more than I do...
Old 07-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #17
cheesesteak
Meh.

I just wish Matt Bomer would shave. If you're going to grow a beard, grow a frickin' beard. That stubble crap went out with Miami Vice.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #18
BetaMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I know exactly what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
But Morena Baccarin really has sex for money, right? I'd have to stop watching Firefly reruns if I found out she was only acting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
You know, it's funny you say that. I watched these two shows, the first since he came out, with the brief thought, "Is it any different now? Do I see him differently since I know he's gay?"

And ya' know what... not at all. He's such a great looking, very handsome, very debonair (your word, and you're right) actor, that I have no problem seeing him exactly as the character he portrays.

And I'm a raging hetero.

YMDV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
I feel the same way about Matt Bomer as I do about Rock Hudson, Cary Grant, and Randolph Scott -- they're charismatic and debonair and have great chemistry with the ladies. I can easily see them playing for both teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
It was earlier this summer I think.

I totally forgot about it while watching these episodes. Not an issue for me, he can pull it off. Same thing with Neal Patrick Harris in How I met your Mother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
It is weird seeing him be such an irresistable ladies man now that I know he's gay. I chuckled a little bit at his scenes with that beautiful woman but it won't stop me from watching the show. I think the characters Neal and Peter have been a closeted gay couple for a while anyway. I can't imagine what the fanfic for this show would be like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I don't see Neal any differently now that Matthew has come out.

I don't see Barney any differently after Neal Patrick Harris came out.

I have no problem believing Cameron Tucker is gay even though Eric Stonestreet is straight.

I have no problem believing Sheldon Cooper is asexual even though Jim Parsons is gay.

Okay, okay... so I relented and bought the season off of iTunes. Yeah, Matt's still fun to watch, although the womanizing thing doesn't work for me like it used to. But things have gone from bad to worse. No Mozzie? No Peter? What chemistry is left? Maybe at least Mozzie will get lonely for his BFF and decide to come back to NYC.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #19
BetaMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I just wish Matt Bomer would shave. If you're going to grow a beard, grow a frickin' beard. That stubble crap went out with Miami Vice.
+1

Not to mention Mozzie... ugh. This is so not right.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #20
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Okay, okay... so I relented and bought the season off of iTunes. Yeah, Matt's still fun to watch, although the womanizing thing doesn't work for me like it used to. But things have gone from bad to worse. No Mozzie? No Peter? What chemistry is left? Maybe at least Mozzie will get lonely for his BFF and decide to come back to NYC.
DO you honestly think they'll go more than an episode or two without the whole team being back together again?
Old 07-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #21
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

On NCIS, they've split the team up several times for season finales. What's the highest number of episodes that it took to get the NCIS team back together? THAT's the number of episodes White Collar will take.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #22
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz
HAHA! That is awesome!

So it wasn't common knowledge forever now that Matt was gay? I've known this since the series started. Strange.
It's never bothered me but I do wonder when he's smooching up the chicks if it makes him uncomfortable just the same as I wonder when a straight person plays a gay role.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #23
cheesesteak
Meh.

If I can accept the fact that Neal is the world's utmost expert on everything under the sun then I can accept a real life gay actor playing a womanizing playboy.

Last edited by cheesesteak : 07-22-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #24
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Besides, how do we know he's not just pretending to be gay so he'll seem more trendy and cool?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #25
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

LOL, Rob.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #26
lew

Quote:

Sir Anthony Hopkins portrayed Hannibal Lector in several movies. I doubt he has anything in common with the character he portrays. It does absolutely nothing to diminish my enjoyment in watching his movies. A lot less of a stretch then a gay person portraying a "ladies' man".
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #27
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
Sir Anthony Hopkins portrayed Hannibal Lector in several movies. I doubt he has anything in common with the character he portrays. It does absolutely nothing to diminish my enjoyment in watching his movies. A lot less of a stretch then a gay person portraying a "ladies' man".
Anthony Hopkins playing a cannibal is LESS of a stretch than a gay man playing a ladies man?