TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
truman861

Help, i need a series 2 image

Hey everyone,

I am trying to replace my hard drive in my 540040 with an 80gb hard drive i tok out of a direct tv tivo machine. They are both ide and firgured it would be an easy fix but cant get past the welcome, powering up screen, then reboots and over and over.
I went to winmfs and it does not see the tivo drive that I have hooked up to my laptop with a usb adapter.
I went ti instacake and they charge money
From what I can figure, either I need a new image or the direct tv hard drive is bad, dont know but if someone has a series 2 540040 image or 540080 image it would be so much appreciated.

Thanks

John
truman861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Try running WinMFS as administrator.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by truman861 View Post
Hey everyone,

I am trying to replace my hard drive in my 540040 with an 80gb hard drive i tok out of a direct tv tivo machine. They are both ide and firgured it would be an easy fix but cant get past the welcome, powering up screen, then reboots and over and over.
I went to winmfs and it does not see the tivo drive that I have hooked up to my laptop with a usb adapter.
I went ti instacake and they charge money
From what I can figure, either I need a new image or the direct tv hard drive is bad, dont know but if someone has a series 2 540040 image or 540080 image it would be so much appreciated.

Thanks

John
If it comes down to re-imaging the drive, search the last couple pages of the "Image" thread under the Upgrade Forum for links to images. As was mentioned, you probably need to run WinMFS as Administrator (right click on the exe file).