TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
mxc

None scheduled in to do list

I've had a persistent problem with guide data threatening to run out and I have to reboot every two weeks. I was gone on vacation for three weeks and my TiVo did run out of guide data. I rebooted, the guide data reappears and everything appears fine except the to do list shows "none scheduled" for all my season passes. I've tried rearranging the season passes. I've tried changing the number of episodes to be recorded. Nothing has helped so far. Does anyone out there have anything else I could try?
mxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
stevewjackson
Steve W. Jackson

Have you waited long enough? I find that an update (when I have *not* run out of guide data) will often require a few hours before any newly available programs will appear in my To Do List.
stevewjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
dwit

A common issue for S3 using tuning adapters. Couple long threads here about the issue. Just scroll down the threads here in the S3 forum. Shouldn't be too far down, or search.

Maybe just for modded units(or not). Is yours modified(upgraded hard drive)?
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
WO312

I'm assuming you have a tuning adapter. You need to check if GC is updating. Check it in System Information - the last GC update should be no more than a day or 2 ago. If it is a long time ago that is your problem.

The fix is to unplug the tuning adapter for a while. For the GC to update the first time it may take a good 12 hours. After the first update you will need to repeat the procedure on a regular basis. Most of us have found it is easiest to put the TA on a timer and power it off for 4-5 hours on whatever schedule you like. I do it every night. Don't do it while a recording is scheduled because it stops any recordings.

If you don't have a TA, then I don't know what your problem is.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
The fix is to unplug the tuning adapter for a while.
Yup,
What WO312 says.
I have the power turned off to the TA between 0100 and 0400 hrs every day.
Even then, some times it takes 3 days for GC to complete.

Note:
My Oled S3 has a 2tb internal drive upgrade; but this problem occurred with the original drive, too.
Curiously, soon after TW Torrance foisted SDV and the tuning adapter, on this area, a little over a year ago.

Neither time warner nor tivo will care about this problem.
So do yourself a favor and get that ta on a lamp timer, soon as you get the GC operation to complete.
Teeps is online now   Reply With Quote