TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Jeff Lam

prep work for selling a Tivo S3?

I am going to sell my upgraded Tivo S3 (oled, THX version) with lifetime. I have done a "reset and erase everything" on it but is there anything else i need to do such as remove it from my tivo account? My main concern is any personal info connected to it that is in Tivo's system and assigned to that specific unit.

So before it goes to craigslist or ebay, do i need to do anything to keep myself/my personal info safe from the new owner?
Jeff Lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lam View Post
I am going to sell my upgraded Tivo S3 (oled, THX version) with lifetime. I have done a "reset and erase everything" on it but is there anything else i need to do such as remove it from my tivo account? My main concern is any personal info connected to it that is in Tivo's system and assigned to that specific unit.

So before it goes to craigslist or ebay, do i need to do anything to keep myself/my personal info safe from the new owner?
Go to Tivo.com and make sure that the two boxes along side that say "Video Sharing" and "Enable Video Downloads" are unchecked (find them under DVR Preferences). That should keep the new owner from using your Amazon VOD account (if you have one set up). You may also want to check your other VOD accounts online (like Netflix and HuluPlus) to see if they have any other requirements for divorcing the Tivo from your account. You don't necessarily need to call Tivo and tell them you have sold the box but it is a nice gesture for the new owner to have that previously called in. You should strongly encourage the new owner to transfer the box to his account because it will stay on you account until that happens.