TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
DouglasPHill

Dallas - The Enemy of My Enemy - 7/11/2012

Now we're talking, don't mess with Marta/Veronica. JR is still my hero. Rebecca's looking good as eye candy. And now Bobby's wife has some dark secret from her past. I don't remember the original Dallas having so many twists and turns crammed together. A little time to relax in between twists would be ok by me.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
sandybeaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
Now we're talking, don't mess with Marta/Veronica. JR is still my hero. Rebecca's looking good as eye candy. And now Bobby's wife has some dark secret from her past. I don't remember the original Dallas having so many twists and turns crammed together. A little time to relax in between twists would be ok by me.
Methinks you should go back and watch some of the originals. I remember lots of twists, but they seemed to be more believable.
sandybeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
caslu

I think they've crammed in more twists and turns because the new show has a much shorter season than the original... no time to stretch things out. Makes it a whole lot more fun in my opinion.

And can I just say how consistently good Larry Hagman is in his role... I mean the guy is in his 80's but he keeps knocking it out of the park each week.
caslu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
rifleman69

In the end with all of these twists and turns, Bobby and JR will be laughing it up together saying they pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.
rifleman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
zalusky

I am thinking JR knew about the mineral rights on the trust and that its all a ruse to distract people while he schemes to get Ewing Oil back from Cliff.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
I am thinking JR knew about the mineral rights on the trust and that its all a ruse to distract people while he schemes to get Ewing Oil back from Cliff.
I don't think so, it never came up in the old series where they dealt with drilling on SF a couple of times and they had dealt with the separation of land rights and resource rights under the land.

Before this had aired I'd been wondering about the mineral rights. In Texas now, by default land sales do not include mineral rights. The state owns them. (I have family that has land grandfathered in and still owns min rights to land in west Texas that is drilled on, they get a tidy sum monthly for the resources)
Old 07-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
I don't think so, it never came up in the old series where they dealt with drilling on SF a couple of times and they had dealt with the separation of land rights and resource rights under the land.

Before this had aired I'd been wondering about the mineral rights. In Texas now, by default land sales do not include mineral rights. The state owns them. (I have family that has land grandfathered in and still owns min rights to land in west Texas that is drilled on, they get a tidy sum monthly for the resources)
Remember JR was snooping in the records. I just feel like he left to go to Vegas for the real action knowing everybody would be distracted.

I believe he wants his daddys baby back home AKA Ewing Oil and drilling on Southfork was more about John Ross.

In 24 they would have 4 quarters of different threats that segway'd to each other. Given its 10 episodes I think we just hit the segway point.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Remember JR was snooping in the records. I just feel like he left to go to Vegas for the real action knowing everybody would be distracted.

I believe he wants his daddys baby back home AKA Ewing Oil and drilling on Southfork was more about John Ross.

In 24 they would have 4 quarters of different threats that segway'd to each other. Given its 10 episodes I think we just hit the segway point.
That's the other thing, according to the old series JR lost the right's to use the name "Ewing Oil", ever.

The Company cannot exist under that name.

(They need tire hire me as a consultant.. )
Old 07-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
tiams

Quote:

segue
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #10
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
segue
No, he meant the part where they're all riding Segways.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #11
Vendikarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
That's the other thing, according to the old series JR lost the right's to use the name "Ewing Oil", ever.

The Company cannot exist under that name.

(They need tire hire me as a consultant.. )
So officially incorporate under Ewing Oil and Energy branching out to shale mining and natural gas. Everyone will still just call it Ewing Oil.

What was Christopher going to call his company - Ewing Alternative Energies?
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #12
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
segue
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
No, he meant the part where they're all riding Segways.
And in another thread, they make the same mistake in the opposite direction. :P

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
zalusky

Quote:
segue
Ouch Ouch. Yea I felt funny typing it. Too much staring at code lately.