TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
DouglasPHill
Registered User
 
DouglasPHill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 872
Dallas - The Enemy of My Enemy - 7/11/2012

Now we're talking, don't mess with Marta/Veronica. JR is still my hero. Rebecca's looking good as eye candy. And now Bobby's wife has some dark secret from her past. I don't remember the original Dallas having so many twists and turns crammed together. A little time to relax in between twists would be ok by me.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
sandybeaches
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
Now we're talking, don't mess with Marta/Veronica. JR is still my hero. Rebecca's looking good as eye candy. And now Bobby's wife has some dark secret from her past. I don't remember the original Dallas having so many twists and turns crammed together. A little time to relax in between twists would be ok by me.
Methinks you should go back and watch some of the originals. I remember lots of twists, but they seemed to be more believable.
sandybeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
caslu
Registered User
 
caslu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 533
I think they've crammed in more twists and turns because the new show has a much shorter season than the original... no time to stretch things out. Makes it a whole lot more fun in my opinion.

And can I just say how consistently good Larry Hagman is in his role... I mean the guy is in his 80's but he keeps knocking it out of the park each week.
caslu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
rifleman69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 794
In the end with all of these twists and turns, Bobby and JR will be laughing it up together saying they pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.
rifleman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
zalusky
Registered User
 
zalusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cupertino, CA
Posts: 3,501
I am thinking JR knew about the mineral rights on the trust and that its all a ruse to distract people while he schemes to get Ewing Oil back from Cliff.
__________________
I will never forget the face of my wife as I left to go the operating room to donate my kidney and give her back her life.
zalusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
I am thinking JR knew about the mineral rights on the trust and that its all a ruse to distract people while he schemes to get Ewing Oil back from Cliff.
I don't think so, it never came up in the old series where they dealt with drilling on SF a couple of times and they had dealt with the separation of land rights and resource rights under the land.

Before this had aired I'd been wondering about the mineral rights. In Texas now, by default land sales do not include mineral rights. The state owns them. (I have family that has land grandfathered in and still owns min rights to land in west Texas that is drilled on, they get a tidy sum monthly for the resources)
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
zalusky
Registered User
 
zalusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cupertino, CA
Posts: 3,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
I don't think so, it never came up in the old series where they dealt with drilling on SF a couple of times and they had dealt with the separation of land rights and resource rights under the land.

Before this had aired I'd been wondering about the mineral rights. In Texas now, by default land sales do not include mineral rights. The state owns them. (I have family that has land grandfathered in and still owns min rights to land in west Texas that is drilled on, they get a tidy sum monthly for the resources)
Remember JR was snooping in the records. I just feel like he left to go to Vegas for the real action knowing everybody would be distracted.

I believe he wants his daddys baby back home AKA Ewing Oil and drilling on Southfork was more about John Ross.

In 24 they would have 4 quarters of different threats that segway'd to each other. Given its 10 episodes I think we just hit the segway point.
__________________
I will never forget the face of my wife as I left to go the operating room to donate my kidney and give her back her life.
zalusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
Remember JR was snooping in the records. I just feel like he left to go to Vegas for the real action knowing everybody would be distracted.

I believe he wants his daddys baby back home AKA Ewing Oil and drilling on Southfork was more about John Ross.

In 24 they would have 4 quarters of different threats that segway'd to each other. Given its 10 episodes I think we just hit the segway point.
That's the other thing, according to the old series JR lost the right's to use the name "Ewing Oil", ever.

The Company cannot exist under that name.

(They need tire hire me as a consultant.. )
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
Remember JR was snooping in the records. I just feel like he left to go to Vegas for the real action knowing everybody would be distracted.

I believe he wants his daddys baby back home AKA Ewing Oil and drilling on Southfork was more about John Ross.

In 24 they would have 4 quarters of different threats that segway'd to each other. Given its 10 episodes I think we just hit the segway point.
segue
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #10
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY
 
martinp13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 10,565
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
segue
No, he meant the part where they're all riding Segways.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #11
Vendikarr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
That's the other thing, according to the old series JR lost the right's to use the name "Ewing Oil", ever.

The Company cannot exist under that name.

(They need tire hire me as a consultant.. )
So officially incorporate under Ewing Oil and Energy branching out to shale mining and natural gas. Everyone will still just call it Ewing Oil.

What was Christopher going to call his company - Ewing Alternative Energies?
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #12
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
gchance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Olivehurst, CA
Posts: 12,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
segue
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
No, he meant the part where they're all riding Segways.
And in another thread, they make the same mistake in the opposite direction. :P

Greg
__________________
"Too bad she died, would have been an excellent companion." - Anubys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5k:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
10k:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
13.1M
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
26.2M
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
zalusky
Registered User
 
zalusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cupertino, CA
Posts: 3,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
segue
Ouch Ouch. Yea I felt funny typing it. Too much staring at code lately.
__________________
I will never forget the face of my wife as I left to go the operating room to donate my kidney and give her back her life.
zalusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |