TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
farmermac
Super user

S3 to XL4 file transfer and grouping

So I'm getting my XL4 tomorrow. Pretty excited. I have 3 series 3 right now in lifetime that I would like to pull shows from onto the S4.

When you transfer shows from the s3, will they group into a new folder on the s4 that will be the same folder that the season passes will record to? I read a long time ago that the transfers will be in their own folders and the season passes and new recordings will create their own new folders. If so that's kind of a pita
Old 07-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
jrtroo
User

I don't think you'll see any different behavior than you have with your S-3s. When I transfer multiple episodes of TV series from my THD to my Premiere, the folders created on the Premiere match what was on my THD. If I had some of those same shows already on my P (say a suggestion or a season pass I moved), they will all appear in the same folder under the name of the show.