TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
rob_gendreau

Can't get Xfinity On Demand with XL4??

So, I read here and elsewhere I can get this with an XL4 in SF Bay Area (Oakland).

Order one, go to get Comcast account, rep tells me no go; can't get On Demand without their set top box. Go back to Tivo support site; says to get it I have to have On Demand subscription.

OK, so now back to Comcast: can I get this or not with just a Premiere?

Or should I just get the regular ol' Comcast service up and running and then start pestering them to ADD the on demand service?
rob_gendreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
WVZR1

If the Comcast/VOD is available in your area I would think you only need to pick-up your cable card, let the machine do the updates to the most current software, get the card authorized and as long as you've subscribed to a Comcast "package" that includes VOD it will take care of itself. Now if you just did "basic" or a very "low tier" digital package that very well might not include VOD privliges.

It doesn't surprise me that if you walked into a "service center" and asked that question that you would get that response. The service is relatively "new" and I'm sure there's many "service center" employees that it's what they've been told through years of training.

If the most recent software has eliminated most of the "glitches" it's possible but unlikely Comcast might actually promote the service to TiVo owners. If you've got a cable-card there's probably better than a 90% chance I'd think that it's in a TiVo - they know who "we are"!!!
WVZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

You would need the software version 20.1.+ to get the Comcast VOD. If you recently activated your premiere, make about 4 more Tivo Connections, until the status says 'Pending Restart'

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
rob_gendreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR1 View Post
...as long as you've subscribed to a Comcast "package" that includes VOD it will take care of itself. Now if you just did "basic" or a very "low tier" digital package that very well might not include VOD privliges.
That's the problem...they won't even let me subscribe to it. I suppose it might be easier to add it later. I assume that if it WAS on my bill it would be much more difficult to get it off if I have to cancel.
rob_gendreau is offline   Reply With Quote