TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #4141
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
does the communication interface enable the creation of a manual recording?
Not as far as I can tell.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:25 AM   #4142
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I run kmttg on a Linux system with CentOS 5.4 (Kernel Version 2.6.18-164.el5) and monitor using htop and java CPU is 0% when just sitting in GUI doing nothing.
Yeah, it definitely should be, or close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Don't know if it has anything to do with problem but perhaps try turning off "Look for Tivos on network" under config-Tivos tab to see if that changes anything.
I had already tried that. Something in Java must have gotten mucked up, although how I have no idea, because Galleon has the same trouble, and kmttg started acting oddly. I'll have to take the time to purge Java later. For the time being I am running kmttg on another platform.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #4143
range rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Auto-Resume is not supported on the Tivo, it would just start over again.

An alternative is to use the 'Transfer from paused point' option, but you would have separate files, and duplicate filenames, and if you have overwrite files on, with overwrite off, it would not transfer at all.

I have used the 'paused point' transfer method, and simply used the commercial break, to find and join the files using VideoReDo.
Do you have an alternative to VideoReDo to join files? Can Handbrake do that?

Also, I'm finding ffmpeg is failing with large files, on the order of processing a 11, 795,000 K TiVo file. Is that a known problem, or is it unique to me?

Thanks for your continued help,

Jon
range rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #4144
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by range rat View Post
Do you have an alternative to VideoReDo to join files? Can Handbrake do that?

Also, I'm finding ffmpeg is failing with large files, on the order of processing a 11, 795,000 K TiVo file. Is that a known problem, or is it unique to me?

Thanks for your continued help,

Jon
Handbrake and ffmpeg does not do joining, just converting. I use VideoReDo as it can edit commercials as well as join multiple files into one in the order I want.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #4145
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Just you. I doubt it's the size per se, probably glitches in those specific files?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #4146
mreaves53

Does anyone have a profile for a Toshiba Thrive?

Thanks
WD Live TV Media Player
Phillips HDD DVD recorder
LG NAS
Slingbox Pro HD
Toshiba Thrive
mreaves53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #4147
moyekj

Recently with new Elite I used tivo.com to copy over all season passes from a Premiere that is being retired. I use tivo.com because the RPC method only works for programs that currently have guide data and I have a bunch of season passes that don't have guide data right now. However I've discovered that any season pass that was created from tivo.com cannot be deleted properly using RPC remote. The RPC call actually returns success for deletion but it actually doesn't. Deleting from TiVo itself does work. Deleting season passes that were created on TiVo or via RPC work fine, it's just the tivo.com created ones that won't delete.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #4148
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Does anyone know how to BRAKE a video file into 2 (like a premiere episode of #1 and #2 since they are titled separately)?

Do the VideoRedo forums talk about that?

Thank you if you can point me to the right place in advance.
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #4149
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules67 View Post
Does anyone know how to BRAKE a video file into 2 (like a premiere episode of #1 and #2 since they are titled separately)?

Do the VideoRedo forums talk about that?

Thank you if you can point me to the right place in advance.
Using VideoReDo, its simple. Just like when editing commercials out. You highlight the section you do not want, and remove (temporarily), save as a new .mpg file. Next do the same thing but after removing your delete marks, you mark and remove the other portion to save as another .mpg file.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:43 AM   #4150
caddyroger

Kmttg yaking 45 seconds to load.

I tried using different version of Kmttg with this problem. It take any where from 30 to 45 seconds to list the programs. At the very top it flash about every 10 second until the page loads. What could be the problem?

Last edited by caddyroger : 07-14-2012 at 05:26 PM.
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #4151
lrhorer

I have two issues I've just come across. I upgraded to the latest release of kmttg a few weeks ago, and it seems to me the refresh behavior has changed. Previously, when one clicked on the refresh tab for a TiVo, the program listing for that TiVo would go blank until the new listing was obtained. Now the old listing stays in place until the new listing is retrieved and output. I can see an argument for the new method, but having used it for a couple of weeks, I really find the old behavior to be more of an advantage. Is there any way to have the new software revert to the old behavior?

The second is related to automated downloads. I don't very often transfer series to the server, so I have not made any use of the automated download feature until this time. I recently switched to a new CATV company, however, and there are a few new channels which happen to have a handful of series I am transferring using kmttg. I do not see a way, however, to get kmttg to transfer the content to anything but the default kmttg directory. That drive cannot hold the content, and in any case I want the output to go to the server, not a local workstation drive. Is there any way to tell kmttg to save the downloads to another directory, in this case specifically a network share?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #4152
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
I tried using different version of Kmttg with this problem. It take any where from 30 to 45 seconds to list the programs. At the very top it flash about every 10 second until the page loads. What could be the problem?
You mean to display the contents of a TiVo? If the Tivo has very much on it in the way of content, that does not sound excessive, to me.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #4153
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
The second is related to automated downloads. I don't very often transfer series to the server, so I have not made any use of the automated download feature until this time. I recently switched to a new CATV company, however, and there are a few new channels which happen to have a handful of series I am transferring using kmttg. I do not see a way, however, to get kmttg to transfer the content to anything but the default kmttg directory. That drive cannot hold the content, and in any case I want the output to go to the server, not a local workstation drive. Is there any way to tell kmttg to save the downloads to another directory, in this case specifically a network share?
".TiVo Output Dir" under config-File Settings defines the dir for downloaded .TiVo files. If using Windows kmttg service note that there can be issues with Windows service not being able to access network share. When kmttg can't access the specified dir it will default to writing to install dir. To access network share for windows service:
1. Make sure kmttg service runs using your normal login name instead of Windows default service
2. Specify network shares using \\host\path\to\dir syntax

If using windows service I would recommend getting things working using GUI first (Auto Transfers-Run Once in GUI or Auto Transfers-Loop in GUI) before using the service mode which can be a pain.

For Linux it's a lot simpler generally. As long as kmttg can read/write to specified dir it should take what you setup in config.

For your other query about not emptying list on new NPL query I got several complaints about old behavior, especially for people with a lot of entries where it can take several minutes get the list. There is no option for 1 way or the other right now.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #4154
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
You mean to display the contents of a TiVo? If the Tivo has very much on it in the way of content, that does not sound excessive, to me.
It is at the very top. it reads playlist: 0.00.00 kmttg.
You might right I have several hundred programs in the play list. I was wanting to make sure.
Thanks
Old 07-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #4155
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Using VideoReDo, its simple. Just like when editing commercials out. You highlight the section you do not want, and remove (temporarily), save as a new .mpg file. Next do the same thing but after removing your delete marks, you mark and remove the other portion to save as another .mpg file.
I thought it could be done, I just never tried... Maybe I need to give it a chance and see what kind of results I get.

Thanks.
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #4156
lpwcomp

I have determined that, if you have an external TiVo defined in pyTivo and everything else setup for push to external TiVo, you can add it to kmttg using the TSN (dashes removed) as the name and anything in the IP address field. It can then be set as the Push destination and the Push will succeed. Including (I hope) auto pushes.

If you have "Start NPL jobs when starting kmttg GUI" enabled, you will get an error when first starting up since it can't access the remote TiVo but just ignore it.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:46 AM   #4157
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Just you. I doubt it's the size per se, probably glitches in those specific files?
Something else to check for:

Not sure how you're invoking ffmpeg. Directly (I've never used it directly) or as a side effect of HandBrake?

If using HandBrake, be sure to have "Large file size" checkbox set in the GUI, otherwise you will definitely have problems with output files larger than 4 GB. You would think that HandBrake would output an error/warning if this checkbox wasn't set and it created a large file, but it doesn't warn. It just silently produces a corrupt file. (And I don't care if it puts an assert error in the logs, creating a greater than 4 GB file with 32-bit offset atoms is a known failure, they *shouldn't* allow that file to remain).

Perhaps there's a similar switch for invoking ffmpeg directly.
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #4158
lpwcomp

Small problem with kmttg. For the duration of Olympic coverage, locally Jeopardy! is being shown on a different channel from the normal one, which is the local NBC affiliate. kmttg will not let me create a Season Pass for the "new" channel and issues a message that reads
Quote:
Existing SP with same title found, not scheduling: Jeopardy!

Old 07-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #4159
minimeh
Vanity Phrase Here

Using the TiVo GUI itself, I had set up a SP for the summer Olympics on the local NBC affiliate. Then I sought out the listing on CNBC using the guide. From there I took the normal steps to set up a SP on that channel. In the process of setting up options, I became aware that I was actually working with the original SP, not creating a new one on a different channel. Assuming some operator error, I started all over again and sure enough, I could only modify the original SP on the NBC channel, not create a new SP on the CNBC channel, even though I was starting the SP creation from the CNBC listing in the guide.

So, I'm thinking what you saw was a reflection of a limitation in TiVo, not an issue with kmttg.
minimeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #4160
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimeh View Post
Using the TiVo GUI itself, I had set up a SP for the summer Olympics on the local NBC affiliate. Then I sought out the listing on CNBC using the guide. From there I took the normal steps to set up a SP on that channel. In the process of setting up options, I became aware that I was actually working with the original SP, not creating a new one on a different channel. Assuming some operator error, I started all over again and sure enough, I could only modify the original SP on the NBC channel, not create a new SP on the CNBC channel, even though I was starting the SP creation from the CNBC listing in the guide.

So, I'm thinking what you saw was a reflection of a limitation in TiVo, not an issue with kmttg.
There are three options under Season Pass Options

Modify
Cancel
Get Another

You want to use Get Another and then select the proper channel.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #4161
minimeh
Vanity Phrase Here

I did not notice "Get Another". So, operator error indeed.

I'll check that tonight when I get home. Thanks!
minimeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #4162
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimeh View Post

Definitely not a problem with the TiVo. I had no problem creating the SP from the TiVo. There was also no problem when I used tivo.com to do pretty much the exact same thing on a TiVo 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
There are three options under Season Pass Options

Modify
Cancel
Get Another

You want to use Get Another and then select the proper channel.
And that is just when using the HDUI. The SDUI doesn't have that. If you are using the SDUI, the only time you get presented with the "Modify" option is if you have selected an episode on the same channel as the SP. There is no "Get Another". The SDUI doesn't even recognize that you have an existing SP for a program if it is on a different channel.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #4163
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Small problem with kmttg. For the duration of Olympic coverage, locally Jeopardy! is being shown on a different channel from the normal one, which is the local NBC affiliate. kmttg will not let me create a Season Pass for the "new" channel and issues a message that reads
I'll have to amend the code to check channel name in addition to title for season pass scheduling in next release.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #4164
mattack

I think I made this request before, but I'll repeat it/them.

I *really* wish that the "get only 1 page of Now Playing" and "resume downloads" options were checkboxes instead of in the prefs and in the menu (respectively). I switch both of those often. Since I was the one that asked for the former, I really only ever go between 1 and all pages, so the more in depth configurability isn't needed.

Also, there are a lot of shows nowadays that don't have the "episode title", like late night talk shows. Is there a way I can use the Description (or part of it) in the filename IF the episode title doesn't exist?

e.g.
Late Show with David Letterman
"Steve Martin, Norah Jones performs"
7/31/2012
Description: "Steve Martin, Norah Jones performs"
would transfer "properly" (the way I want), but

7/31/2012

would transfer as
7/31/12 shownum .mpeg

(there's an extra space in there too which I have to figure out in the settings).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #4165
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Also, there are a lot of shows nowadays that don't have the "episode title", like late night talk shows. Is there a way I can use the Description (or part of it) in the filename IF the episode title doesn't exist?

e.g.
"Steve Martin, Norah Jones performs"
7/31/2012
would transfer "properly" (the way I want), but

7/31/2012

would transfer as
7/31/12 shownum .mpeg

(there's an extra space in there too which I have to figure out in the settings).
Does it have to be in the filename or would building an episode title in the metadata be acceptable?

Are you able to build kmttg from the source?

When do you need it?

to moyekj - not trying to preempt you or step on your toes, it's just that I am currently running a (self) modified version of kmttg that creates an episode title if there isn't one and I could send a patch to mattack. If you'd rather I not do that, I'll understand and will cease and desist.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #4166
WDWPassholder

Compatibility with Mac OS X Mountain Lion ?

I realize this thread is for the kmttg in general, not just for Mac, but it seemed like the best location to ask my question. If there is a better spot, please advise. I also tried posting a comment on the web install page (code.google.com/p/kmttg/wiki/mac_osx_installation) but guessing that is not the best location.

I currently use kmttg version v0p8r on my iMac running Lion. I am wanting to upgrade to Mountain Lion, but unsure if there are any known issues running kmttg on Mountain Lion. Within another thread I did see message from one person who that said they were successfully running kmttg on Mountain Lion.

What are the key pieces to understanding in advance of just trying it, whether kmttg should be successful on a new version of the Mac OS ?

I noticed that there is a newer version of kmttg, v0p8t, how would I know whether that is required?

Please advise, just blindly trying it might have been my path years ago, but I am hopefully getting wiser with old age.
WDWPassholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #4167
spamjam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
As an aside, there is a thread about this problem. It's known, but there's no solution as of yet.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=489815
spamjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #4168
kpeters59

Decrypted shows on some channels sttuter/skip during XBMC playback

Subject kinda says it all...

I'm using Windows7/XBMC as a Home Theater Machine for my daughters TV.

Many shows that come off of The Disney Channel, among others, just really won't play. They skip/stutter and CPU usage goes very high.

I've set up an encoding profile, but that actually doesn't work perfectly and takes way too long.

Is it just a codec issue? How should I change that?

I finally went ahead and paid Tivo for their Desktop software, but that had basically no effect.

I've been messing with this for quite a while and had mostly given up.

Any ideas? What should I try next?

Thanks,

-KP
kpeters59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #4169
lrhorer

When kmttg launches, it sorts the NPL list on each TiVo in a way very similar to how the TiVo does with folders disabled, or perhaps it doesn't sort at all, and displays the videos just the way the TiVo sends them. In any case, I like that sort order. Fairly often I need to implement a different sort order by clicking on one or the other of the column headers. Once this is done, however, I have not discovered any way to return to the default sort order, other than shutting down kmttg and re-opening it. Is there a way to do so? If not, moyekj, can there be?
Old 08-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #4170
lrhorer

Would it be practical to add the first aired date to the descriptions in the NPL lists?