Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #61
marrone
Phased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
And why on earth didn't they film the 3 way talk among Emily, Producer and Arie?
My guess is they did. And it was probably not interesting in any way (everyone agreed...who cares?) and that isn't interesting tv.

-Mike
Old 06-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #62
marrone
Phased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebberwocky! View Post
One thing that I laughed at, there is so much down time on the set, the guys were pretty much drinking all the time.
I always wondered about that with these dating shows. There's gotta be so much downtime. What do they do with themselves? It's gotta be pretty boring to be on these shows if most of the time is sitting around doing nothing.

-Mike
Old 06-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #63
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrone View Post
I always wondered about that with these dating shows. There's gotta be so much downtime. What do they do with themselves? It's gotta be pretty boring to be on these shows if most of the time is sitting around doing nothing.

-Mike
when my Son was at the weekly party to watch the show at Chris' house he was always commenting at the various times he was hammered.

Also, the scenes of Chris crying were not at all what it appeared. Not even close - details later.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #64
tiams

Quote:
My guess is they did. And it was probably not interesting in any way (everyone agreed...who cares?) and that isn't interesting tv.

-Mike
No, watch it again. Chris specifically stated that no cameras were there.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #65
2004raptor

My wife ran in a 5k Saturday and Ryan form the show was there. It was a fundraiser for Aimee Copeland.

Here are a couple of pics of him

2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #66
tiams

Chris
I felt bad for Chris' when his dad told him that Emily told him
she was in love with Chris. I knew that was giving him false hope
and was just going to make it harder on him.

Jef
Is Emily actually considering marrying into a Mormon family
and raising her daughter Mormon? Nobody could come out and
ask that question? Ya, know, I'm just now realizing, I never
noticed whether Jef has refrained from drinking alcohol
throughout the show. Man, that ranch he lived on was AMAZING!
I would marry him just so I could live there. Even if he does wear
skinny jeans. The part of his letter about how he would treat
Little Ricky was very touching! I'm sure it went straight through
Emily's heart. I think of the 3 left, he would make the best dad.

Arie
Interesting that Arie's dad won the Indy 500. I think if he passes
the Little Ricky test, they will be engaged.

Sean
What an amazing playhouse that niece has. I'm sure Emily
coveted it on behalf of Little Ricky.
I totally fell for it when Sean said he lived at home! Him
sounding so nervous about telling her sold it. There is something about him I don't like.

I thought it was weird that we didn't see where any of these men
live, only their parents houses. I would want to see how and
where they live.

They all 4 seem to come from families with lots of money.

I predict Emily won't spend the night in any fantasy suites with
any of the guys (at least not on camera).
Old 07-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #67
Jebberwocky!

Quote:

I predict Emily won't spend the night in any fantasy suites with
any of the guys (at least not on camera).
I can't speak for the other three but Chris' family is not loaded. Not poor by any means but lots of money?? Hardly.

And If Chris is correct, no one "scores" with Emily during the show, different dynamics (Emily's/Ricky).
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #68
tiams

Just read that the After The Final Rose episode will be live for the first time.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #69
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbranco

From what I have read on other sites, his parents are Mormon missionaries away on a "mission".
Mormon missions are organized into specific areas, and there is an adult couple called to serve as "mission president" of each area. The mission president and his wife are in charge of all the missionaries serving in that mission (usually 100-150). Jef's dad is currently serving as mission president in South Carolina. During the three-year calling as mission president, they are not allowed to leave the mission except on very rare occasions (such as a death in the family).
Old 07-05-2012, 01:51 AM   #70
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Just read that the After The Final Rose episode will be live for the first time.
Interesting... I'm guessing it will be unfortunately tape delayed for people in certain time zones.
Quote:
Arie
Interesting that Arie's dad won the Indy 500. I think if he passes
the Little Ricky test, they will be engaged.
I too was very surprised to hear about that.

I was bit annoyed about the editing done during the previews/teaser before commercials for Sean. Not surprisingly, they intentionally misdirected the audience.
cwerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #71
dbranco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Mormon missions are organized into specific areas, and there is an adult couple called to serve as "mission president" of each area. The mission president and his wife are in charge of all the missionaries serving in that mission (usually 100-150). Jef's dad is currently serving as mission president in South Carolina. During the three-year calling as mission president, they are not allowed to leave the mission except on very rare occasions (such as a death in the family).
thanks, Devdog!

Quote:
Is Emily actually considering marrying into a Mormon family and raising her daughter Mormon?
According to this article Jef is "not an active Mormon". Don't know what that means for Emily and Ricky down the line, but hopefully they have talked about this together!
dbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #72
Alfer
WOOSAH!

I'm sure everyone realizes no matter who she picks, the relationship will not last more than maybe 3-6 months. Pretty much a guarantee. Especially since she has a child.

Then we'll read all about their troubles in People magazine.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #73
marrone
Phased Member

Quote:
Chris
Wasn't that a requirement of Emily's for being on the show? That the guys would all have money (or at least have a good job that brought in $$$)?

-Mike
Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #74
tiams

Quote:
Wasn't that a requirement of Emily's for being on the show? That the guys would all have money (or at least have a good job that brought in $$$)?

-Mike
I've never heard anything like that. Emily is very wealthy on her own and her daughter is practically an heiress. The Hendrick family is a North Carolina dynasty. A couple of weeks ago I drove to Charlotte and every other commercial on the radio was this sing-songy : "Hendrick! I like it like that!" I still have it stuck in my head.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #75
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

From Twitter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Hyperbole
@chrisbharrison

If you do not have at least 1 box of Kleenex don't you dare try to watch the end of tonight's ‪#Bachelorette

Old 07-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #76
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I am not reading any spoilers, so I am just going with my gut.

Clearly, the top 3 are Arie, Shawn and Jeff. Chris is a close 4th, but I don't think he has a shot at top 2. John and Doug are goners.

I think the last 2 will be Arie and Shawn. At this point, she picks Arie.

But I have never watched this show before, so I could be terribly wrong...
Well done!!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #77
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb08 View Post
Well done!!
Thank you!

I am still going with Arie FTW!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #78
tiams

No doubt Arie has this in the bag.
I never did like Sean. Something was not right with him. But I still felt sorry for him last night. He had no idea he was going home, but I think in the end he was relieved.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #79
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

I thought it was interesting that all 3 of the fantasy dates ended differently. The fact that Emily didn't trust herself to go back to the suite with Arie says it all.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #80
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Wow. That was a bit of shocker. The cynic in me says the producers want Sean for the next Bachelor.

I found it interesting they didn't let her say WHY she sent him home. Probably want to save that for next week... So at this point it's Arie all the way. I'm not even sure why Jeff is even there. The chemistry between those two is more like friends than lovers.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #81
ThePhoenix
Brr. It's Chile here

I think there is real conflict within Emily regarding who to pick. Sure, Arie is the one with the pretty outer shell, but Jef is better marriage material. He has more substance in every way than Arie. I think she is wondering how much a role that physical chemistry should play, since ultimately, a) the physical chemistry becomes less important, b) the physical chemistry changes with time and circumstances, c) the intense physical attraction is a good starting point, but she doesn't know how that will translate to actual physical chemistry and compatibility once they progress a little further in their relationship.

I think many women and men let the initial attraction (or lack of attraction) be the primary guiding factor in selecting a partner, only to find that other things undermine a long term relationship. The person could turn out to be not very thoughtful, or full of themselves, or lousy in bed, or not very interesting to talk to the other 23-1/2 hours of the day, or gone so much that it's not really like having a spouse.

My opinion is that Emily ultimately will pick Jef because she sees past the initial attraction of Arie and sees herself with a guy she can build a whole life with. Arie seems like a really great guy, but he doesn't seem as deep as Jef. He's also gone a lot and that will be a difficult thing to have to live with, especially when you have little kids involved. I'm looking forward to the finale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ThePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #82
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

I liked Sean, but I hope he won't be the next Bachelor.

For those of you interested in such things, "Reality Steve" said he didn't know who the winner was all season long, but he did finally post his prediction (he says he has proof, who knows? last week.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #83
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
I think there is real conflict within Emily regarding who to pick. Sure, Arie is the one with the pretty outer shell, but Jef is better marriage material. He has more substance in every way than Arie. I think she is wondering how much a role that physical chemistry should play, since ultimately, a) the physical chemistry becomes less important, b) the physical chemistry changes with time and circumstances, c) the intense physical attraction is a good starting point, but she doesn't know how that will translate to actual physical chemistry and compatibility once they progress a little further in their relationship.

I think many women and men let the initial attraction (or lack of attraction) be the primary guiding factor in selecting a partner, only to find that other things undermine a long term relationship. The person could turn out to be not very thoughtful, or full of themselves, or lousy in bed, or not very interesting to talk to the other 23-1/2 hours of the day, or gone so much that it's not really like having a spouse.

My opinion is that Emily ultimately will pick Jef because she sees past the initial attraction of Arie and sees herself with a guy she can build a whole life with. Arie seems like a really great guy, but he doesn't seem as deep as Jef. He's also gone a lot and that will be a difficult thing to have to live with, especially when you have little kids involved. I'm looking forward to the finale.
You give Jef a lot more credit than I do. For one thing, what's an "entrepreneur" actually DO? What does that mean? Is he a DJ? Does he own a Fortune 500 company? Secondly, he has been described as "wild and free" by his family and his own brother said he'd never once mentioned ever wanting to have a family.

I think he's on the show for an adventure. I see him as a bit of a free spirit combined with rich boy slacker. You also have to take into account his family is seriously Mormon. If you don't marry another Mormon in the Temple, they believe you will not be in the "highest level" of Heaven with your all your Mormon family and friends. It's a pretty big breach. I also don't see Emily uprooting her kid to live in Salt Lake City where she will be a minority amongst thousands of Mormons. I just don't see her doing that. If she picks Jef it's because she wants to have an easy out.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #84
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
You give Jef a lot more credit than I do. For one thing, what's an "entrepreneur" actually DO? What does that mean? Is he a DJ? Does he own a Fortune 500 company? Secondly, he has been described as "wild and free" by his family and his own brother said he'd never once mentioned ever wanting to have a family.
I don't watch this show, but I did catch the beginning of the first episode of the season when they introduced all the guys. I thought they said he ran some kind of bottled water company that donates some of its proceeds to some charitable cause. Is that not true?
Old 07-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #85
ThePhoenix
Brr. It's Chile here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

I think he's on the show for an adventure. I see him as a bit of a free spirit combined with rich boy slacker. You also have to take into account his family is seriously Mormon. If you don't marry another Mormon in the Temple, they believe you will not be in the "highest level" of Heaven with your all your Mormon family and friends. It's a pretty big breach. I also don't see Emily uprooting her kid to live in Salt Lake City where she will be a minority amongst thousands of Mormons. I just don't see her doing that. If she picks Jef it's because she wants to have an easy out.
I couldn't stand Jef in the early episodes. First of all, his entrance, riding in on the skateboard was just too "trying to look cool" for my tastes. Second - his hair. he reminds me of Anthony Michael Hall from Sixteen Candles. Third, his name. Where the he11 is the other "f"?

But the more they show of him, the more impressive he comes across. Despite what his siblings say, he seems very mature. The conversations they show between Emily and him, along with the questions he asks and even his response to the fantasy suite, show more depth and character than I think I've ever seen on this show, and I've watched every episode of every season.

I think if his Mormon faith (and her lack thereof) was a problem for either of them, he would not still be on the show, unless she's keeping him around to make her final decision easy, which doesn't seem like the case.

I think DevDogAZ is right, he co-owns a bottled water company that devotes a portion of profits towards charitable giving.

ThePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #86
2004raptor

I don't "watch" it either but sit in the room while my wife does. She was nice enough to give me a heads up every time Emily was in a bikini. WOW
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #87
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

I don't recall a conversation all season between Emily and Jef about his faith. That seems odd.

Also, Emily told Jef she'd like to live some place new (ie, not Charlotte or Salt Lake) but told Ari she'd be glad to move to Arizona.

Just things that make me think "hmmm......".
Old 07-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #88
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne
I don't recall a conversation all season between Emily and Jef about his faith. That seems odd.

Also, Emily told Jef she'd like to live some place new (ie, not Charlotte or Salt Lake) but told Ari she'd be glad to move to Arizona.

Just things that make me think "hmmm......".
I think that she also told Jef that she'd move to SLC if that's what he wanted.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #89
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
I must've missed the Bottled Water part, but I'd still like to know if that's a real job and what kind of numbers we're talking about and how much time he actually spends there. He just doesn't come across as someone who would be that responsible and that much of a self starter. At least not to me. Maybe it's just the whole skateboard and pompadour thing that's putting me off.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #90
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb08 View Post
I think that she also told Jef that she'd move to SLC if that's what he wanted.
I don't believe she'd do that for a second. In fact, I'll go out on a limb right now and predict that no matter who she picks, that she doesn't move to where they live right now.