TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
cannonz

High Dollar Light

http://www.lumens.com/Tivo-Wall-Disp...rome--131255mc 330 bucks ???? you would think they would throw in the bulb. I'm sure not from tivo you would think they would sue.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
phudson126

Design looks cool from where we are. But I guess it’s a bit expensive. Head tilts 270 degrees which means it’s very flexible. With matte chrome finish, the product would feel easy on your hands.
phudson126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
Worf

Depends on the TiVo trademark - it covers DVRs for sure, but lighting fixtures? Not so sure.

Though, I'm not entirely sure about the name - there's nothing TiVo about it. Just looks like a fancy expensive wall sconce.
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
bshrock

Has any one or does anyone know how to report this possible trade mark infringement to TiVo?
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
bshrock

No, I know someone that works for Xerox.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
glenbrado

but i thnk its for TiVo?
glenbrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
jcthorne

Not sure why the name Tivo is even associated with this fixture. Seems completely out of place.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
daveak
Series 3 Novice

The light probably does time shifting and has a season pass feature. Pretty cool, if you ask me. Just do not try to use it with a Time Warner cable card.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Trademarks are for specific product and service types only. I doubt that TiVo Inc. claims their trademark for lamps. As long as this "Tivo" lamp is not using any of TiVo's other trademarks, such as the "TiVo Guy", it's fine. This why there can be Cadillac dog food, for example.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
JoeTaxpayer

It's also possible the lamp company existed long before the TiVo was invented.
http://www.tivolilighting.com/produc...oFlex_LED.aspx

Tivoli calls a number of their products tivo-something.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
MichaelK

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post
Trademarks are for specific product and service types only. I doubt that TiVo Inc. claims their trademark for lamps. As long as this "Tivo" lamp is not using any of TiVo's other trademarks, such as the "TiVo Guy", it's fine. This why there can be Cadillac dog food, for example.
yep- unless your Donald Trump (if I recall he sued an owner of the "Taj Mahal" Indian restaurant years ago before the case was thrown out) you usually aren't offended by such things since no one could confuse them with your product.
MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
I took a look through USPTO for trademark filings that contained "tivo". Naturally, most of them are for the TiVo we know and love, but not all. For example, there's a FRU:TIVO for a brand of frozen desserts.

Interestingly, TiVo Inc. has registered some peculiar entries, some "dead", others not. For example, "TIVO MEVO" and "TIVO MIVO". Also some odd graphic entries, such as:

or how about this:

TiVo (actually, TiVo Brands LLC) does claim the trademark for a bunch of things you could put the logo or name on, including sweatshirts, flying discs and hand puppets!

Then there's the dead entry "WE'RE TIVO FOR YOUR NETWORK", filed by Solera Networks in 2008, pertaining to network packet analysis. Apparently they thought "Tivo" was a generic word?

I don't see any separate claims for "tivo" as a name for lighting fixtures, though registration is not required for such things.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #13
cannonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post
I took a look through USPTO for trademark filings that contained "tivo". Naturally, most of them are for the TiVo we know and love, but not all. For example, there's a FRU:TIVO for a brand of frozen desserts.

Interestingly, TiVo Inc. has registered some peculiar entries, some "dead", others not. For example, "TIVO MEVO" and "TIVO MIVO". Also some odd graphic entries, such as:

or how about this:

I like the round one, the alternate TV guy looks drunk.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #14
CreepinDeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrumpneuma View Post
Why?

Did you almost purchase this light fixture because it was misrepresented as a TiVo?
That made me laugh......

There's just gotta be a coincidence here of using the same name
CreepinDeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #15
bshrock

I wonder if it uses the Super High Intensity Tungsten bulb that interfere with the TiVo's remote operation?