TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
janry

Dogs in the City

Anyone watching this new CBS show?

I think there have been 5 episodes. We just watched the first one last night. We enjoyed it. More polished than The Dog Whisperer though less intense.

I wonder if CBS plans to keep it going.

EDIT: I should clarify When I say we watched the frist episode last night, I mean we watched the first episode CBS aired. Fortunately, we have recorded all episodes and will be watching them all soon since we've about caught up.

Last edited by janry : 06-28-2012 at 02:59 PM.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I like it. It is fascinating to me how he can adjust the dogs behavior so quickly. Oh, and I thought last nights was the weakest of the episodes. I think all the ones before it were much better.
Donbadabon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I watched the first one last night. Wish I had seen the others. I like this guy and the way he handled the dog afraid of men. I didn't get why the wall eating bulldog wasn't crated once the destruction started - or even why the owners didn't understand the poor gal was bored out of her mind. Anyway, I have it on SP now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Has he dealt with a dog that is difficult to walk? I have a new rescue who is almost perfect in every other way other than when we are walking he lunges at other dogs he sees and starts barking. Once we meet the dog and he smells them he is fine, but not many owners let me do that because he is acting like a crazy dog. I need to find some friends that will walk their dogs around him but that's hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

I started watching this, but it's just too fake for me.
Fake may not be the best word for it, but I can't think of a better one right now.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
Jebberwocky!

awesomesauce??
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Has he dealt with a dog that is difficult to walk? I have a new rescue who is almost perfect in every other way other than when we are walking he lunges at other dogs he sees and starts barking. Once we meet the dog and he smells them he is fine, but not many owners let me do that because he is acting like a crazy dog. I need to find some friends that will walk their dogs around him but that's hard.

I think it was last week he helped a dog with this problem. It would freak out and lunge at other dogs. The issue was that the dog was taking the protective role by walking in front of the owner. He had the owner make the dog heel as they walked, and that transferred the protective role to the owner. Once they did that, the dog acted like a normal dog. It was fascinating.
Donbadabon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
I think it was last week he helped a dog with this problem. It would freak out and lunge at other dogs. The issue was that the dog was taking the protective role by walking in front of the owner. He had the owner make the dog heel as they walked, and that transferred the protective role to the owner. Once they did that, the dog acted like a normal dog. It was fascinating.
Thanks, I am going to see if I can get old episodes. I am in the process of trying to find a local dog trainer but man, are they expensive!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #9
janry

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
I started watching this, but it's just too fake for me.
Fake may not be the best word for it, but I can't think of a better one right now.
Maybe Scripted? Rehearsed?

We watched the 2nd episode last night and as I said in my original post, it is more polished than The Dog Whisperer. I don't find it a bad thing. Just different.

Caesar supposedly knew nothing about an issue until he met with the family with cameras rolling. I bet Justin has not only met but they've rehearsed and I wouldn't be surprised if somethings aren't exaggerated. Like the rich woman in the 2nd episode with a new human baby that was having issues treating her dog like a dog.

I do believe these are real stories just probably puffed and rehearsed.

I enjoy Justin's talks with the dogs like he had with Oreo in the park away from his owners. Not for one minute do I believe Oreo understood what he was saying. But, it is entertaining.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
sieglinde

Some kennel clubs will host open lessons for the public and those give owners tips such as teaching your dog to heel etc.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #11
Eight47

I like Justin, he really likes the dogs and wants to help. I think there is a lot of training between the first meeting and the "well behaved dog".
Eight47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #12
Cainebj

I am surprised at how much I like this show and Justin.

The one that got me was the lady with the dogs who didn't go out much. When he honed in on her being lonely - and tried to get HER to go out more. Loved it.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote