TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
catfan64

No longer can stream between 2 tivo's

I have a premiere and an elite. Both have wireless n adapters, and I have been able to stream shows between both of them flawlessly for the last 2 months. Because of copywrite protection, I could not TRANSFER anything, other than local programming, but I could always STREAM anything. Now, I cannot stream anything. The only option I am shown, when browsing the other TiVo, is to DELETE. I did instal an Ooma VoIP box to my network, but not sure how that could have affected anything, since I can still browse the other TiVo. Could this recent software update have caused this? I recently bought 2 N adapters, specifically to stream between the 2, and now all the sudden it isn't an option anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?
catfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #2
catfan64

problem gone

Well, I woke up this morning, and streaming is available again! I didn't do anything. Go figure!!!
catfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
sharkster

I was screwing around one day, punching buttons, and all of a sudden I saw my 'play' button had disappeared. Of course, I freaked out because MRS is one of the most important things I love.

So I called Tivo. They had me force a connection, then restart, and everything was back to normal. WHEW! I was afraid that I had permanently killed MRS. She said that it's not likely possible to do that. Good to hear!
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
retired_guy

I had a similar problem with MRS working fine for months and then failing completely between my XL and Elite, regardless which of the two initiated the streaming. I got a message that there was a communication error between the two TiVos and that I should talk to my communicatiions expert. MRV continued to work fine with the normal contraints. After talking a bit to myself in the mirror, I tried rebooting each TiVo to no avail. The Elite, which is Gbit capable, was attached via a switch to a Gbit capable "N" bridge. The switch was designed to only go up to 100Mbit so I thought perhaps something had changed which caused an attempt at a Gbit connection between boxes without the switch being able to handle it. I put in a new Gbit switch and no problems since. Don't know if I was smart or just lucky.
1 TiVo HD 1TB Lifetime

Last edited by retired_guy : 06-24-2012 at 11:09 AM.
retired_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfan64 View Post
I have a premiere and an elite. Both have wireless n adapters, and I have been able to stream shows between both of them flawlessly for the last 2 months. Because of copywrite protection, I could not TRANSFER anything, other than local programming, but I could always STREAM anything. Now, I cannot stream anything. The only option I am shown, when browsing the other TiVo, is to DELETE. I did instal an Ooma VoIP box to my network, but not sure how that could have affected anything, since I can still browse the other TiVo. Could this recent software update have caused this? I recently bought 2 N adapters, specifically to stream between the 2, and now all the sudden it isn't an option anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?
I had an issue yesterday with one of my Elites. It was showing "name this TiVo on TiVo.com" in the sys info screen"
My three FiOS services had been down for around thirty six hours so the boxes didn't connect during that time. I thought that might have been an issue but none of my other boxes had any problems.

Once the tech came out Saturday and replaced my ONT and the power supply(The power supply was the issue but the tech replaced both anyway)
I had the box connect but it didn't fix it. I went online disabled the options for that box in the DVR preferences. HAd the box connect. Then later I re-enabled the preferences and when I had teh box connect it got it's name back and I was able to stream between my other TiVos.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
JoeTaxpayer

This type of problem falls into the category "reboot router" "reboot TiVos"

Every so often, I can't see one TiVo from another. If I do nothing, the next day it's usually back. If for whatever reason, I really want to transfer there an then, the reboots do it. More often than not, router reboot is all that's needed.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
jrlbc06

You can stream copy protected stuff between Tivos? How? I know you can't transfer, but I've kept my series 3 HD hooked up to watch all the old HBO/Showtime recordings. It would be easier to move it and just leave it on the network and stream to my new Premiere. Didn't realize this was a possibility.
jrlbc06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlbc06 View Post
You can stream copy protected stuff between Tivos? How? I know you can't transfer, but I've kept my series 3 HD hooked up to watch all the old HBO/Showtime recordings. It would be easier to move it and just leave it on the network and stream to my new Premiere. Didn't realize this was a possibility.
No streaming with Series 3 or HD, Premiere only
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #9
jrlbc06

Ah that makes sense, thanks for the answer!
jrlbc06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
BiggieSmalls

I've got a similiar problem here. On the 19th of June I noticed I could no longer transfer any NEW recording between my S3's. I tried rebooting all of the Tivo's and no luck. Here I am today and none of my shows recorded on any channel since the 19th are available for transfer while anything older is just fine.

Talked to the online-chat-support-robotperson and was told to go talk to my cable provider.. by why would my cable provider even care what they do to a tivo? If anything, im sure they intended it to happen.

Anyone else having this issue??

3 Tivo S3's with CableCards and Tuning Adapters on Time Warner, SoCal.
BiggieSmalls is offline   Reply With Quote