TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #991
kozmo21

@ sbourgeo

Couldn't reply to PM do to lack of 10 posts? (used to be able to years ago?) Yes, that is what I need. If you could send link in PM I would appreciate it. thanks
kozmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #992
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbourgeo View Post
especially after realizing I didn't have a good 3.5d backup for my DSR6000 and DirecTV has apparently shut off the spigot.
Similarly, would appreciate it if anyone had a pointer to 3.5d images for Hughes GXCEBOT and Sony SAT-T60 for archival purposes.
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #993
jaybird69

Need a HR10-250 image. Bought one used and it crashed after a week.
Thanks in advance.
jaybird69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #994
unitron

I thought I had posted S1 SA Philips image links to this thread already, but I can't find the post, so just in case here they are again.

MFS Live cd verison

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/13Phil48.bak

WinMFS version

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/13Phil48.tbk

It's a version that should restore onto a drive as small as 13GB with only one MFS pair, but has already had the kernel patched for drives larger than 137GB.

It's also, I'm pretty sure, the most recent version (3.0.whatever) of the S1 software, although in the case of the S1 "recent" is a relative term.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #995
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
It's also, I'm pretty sure, the most recent version (3.0.whatever) of the S1 software, although in the case of the S1 "recent" is a relative term.
I assume those are the images you got from me and then added the LBA48 fix. If so, then, yes, the version is the last one they made (3.0.x).
Old 06-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #996
Quella

Not able to PM due to less than 10 posts

Sirs,

Quick question. I have a Hughes HDVR2 from 2003 and the HD died on me today. I was looking for my backup and old drive from when I bought it; but have had no luck. Would you happen to know where I could get a base image so I can mfstools to a new drive? Any direction or help in getting a standard image to get this operational again?
Quella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #997
alanpwagstaff
Alanpwagstaff

Looking Tivo HD image

Hi, I am looking for a Tivo HD image. I had one die, and in trying to fix it, broke my second one.
alanpwagstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #998
alanpwagstaff
Alanpwagstaff

Ooops I found it in an older post. Trying it out now....
Old 06-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #999
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanpwagstaff View Post
Hi, I am looking for a Tivo HD image. I had one die, and in trying to fix it, broke my second one.
Do you mean a TCD652160 image?

if so,

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...01#post8831301

If you do not already have a dropbox account, I could have them send you an invitation to get a free account, and that would give us both extra free space.

You don't need one to download those S3 HD images, just click on the links, but it is free and it can come in handy as a sort of internet hard drive and I can use the extra space for images for other TiVo models.

Now, tell me exactly what you broke and how you did it so that we can figure out how to fix everything.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:56 AM   #1000
alanpwagstaff
Alanpwagstaff

What broke, I think

So I had one Tivo HD die. It wouldn't make it past the Welcome, Powering up Screen. I have a second one that was still working and that got things going well enough. All the reports say that the Hard Drive went bad so I assumed that was wrong. I opened the bad Tivo and pulled the drive and installed it into my computer. The hard drive checked clean. So I decided to pull the engineer technique and swap hard drives between the working and non-working devices. If the problem stays with the hard drive I know what's up. If it stays with the Tivo I also know what's going on. After swapping, neither Tivo worked. After swapping back still, neither Tivo worked.
In playing with winmfs and backup images I fixed it once. After more playing around I broke it again and couldn't get it fixed and in some desperation wanted a new install image. After installing that to the good hard drive, and in the good tivo, it got working again. I then restored my past image, and that worked as well.
So I am back to one working and one broken Tivo. I currently believe the problem with the broken Tivo is the power supply, but I don't see any bad caps to replace. I would like a way to check for a bad power supply (output voltages or what not). Or I might swap power supplies and see where the problem goes.
Any advice is appreciated. And thanks for the back up images.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #1001
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanpwagstaff View Post
So I had one Tivo HD die. It wouldn't make it past the Welcome, Powering up Screen. I have a second one that was still working and that got things going well enough. All the reports say that the Hard Drive went bad so I assumed that was wrong. I opened the bad Tivo and pulled the drive and installed it into my computer. The hard drive checked clean. So I decided to pull the engineer technique and swap hard drives between the working and non-working devices. If the problem stays with the hard drive I know what's up. If it stays with the Tivo I also know what's going on. After swapping, neither Tivo worked. After swapping back still, neither Tivo worked.
I'm sure unitron will be here soon to give you actual guidance, but you have brought to my mind a story and a joke.

The story:

Some years before I started working for him, one of my former bosses had a problem with an 844-21 disk drive. So he decided "to pull the engineer technique" and started swapping packs around. He ended up with 3 dead drives and 6 dead packs. You see, the original problem was that there had been a head crash on the first drive. Putting the bollixed up pack in another drive caused its heads to crash. Putting a good pack in a drive with crashed heads destroyed the pack. They had to "fly heads in from all over the country" to fix the dead drives, buy new packs and restore from backup. I am not sure if he was a CE at the time or an OS analyst, which is what he was when I went to work for him. Yes, I know the two situations aren't exactly the same since you were swapping entire drive assemblies, not just disk packs, but the concept is the same. It is a bad engineer technique.

For a TiVo, at most you might have tried putting the drive from the dead TiVo in the working one if you didn't care about possibly losing all of your settings and recordings. I would never put the drive from the working TiVo into the dead TiVo.

The joke:

How many CEs does it take to change a tire?
Spoiler:
5. 4 to hold the car up and 1 to change out each tire until he finds the bad one.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #1002
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I'm sure unitron will be here soon to give you actual guidance, but you have brought to my mind a story and a joke.

The story:

Some years before I started working for him, one of my former bosses had a problem with an 844-21 disk drive. So he decided "to pull the engineer technique" and started swapping packs around. He ended up with 3 dead drives and 6 dead packs. You see, the original problem was that there had been a head crash on the first drive. Putting the bollixed up pack in another drive caused its heads to crash. Putting a good pack in a drive with crashed heads destroyed the pack. They had to "fly heads in from all over the country" to fix the dead drives, buy new packs and restore from backup. I am not sure if he was a CE at the time or an OS analyst, which is what he was when I went to work for him. Yes, I know the two situations aren't exactly the same since you were swapping entire drive assemblies, not just disk packs, but the concept is the same. It is a bad engineer technique.

For a TiVo, at most you might have tried putting the drive from the dead TiVo in the working one if you didn't care about possibly losing all of your settings and recordings. I would never put the drive from the working TiVo into the dead TiVo.

The joke:

How many CEs does it take to change a tire?
Spoiler:
5. 4 to hold the car up and 1 to change out each tire until he finds the bad one.

Actually I did reply.

But I see no sign of it now.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #1003
unitron

Since Dropbox doesn't expire from lack of activity the way SendSpace does, here's a new location for TCD540040 images.

They need at least the slightly fatter than Seagate or Western Digital LBA number of the original Maxtor 40Gb drive.

MFS Live version

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/540_GSet.bak

WinMFS version

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/540_GSet.tbk

Old 07-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #1004
unitron

Since SendSpace files age out and Dropbox files do not, here's where my TCD649080 images are now.

That for the 80 hour Series 2 Dual Tuner, but can be used on the 180 hour TCD649180 as well.

MFS Live version

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/649_gset.bak

WinMFS version

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/649_gset.tbk

(if you don't already have a Dropbox account, let me get them to send you an invite and we both get extra free space)

Old 07-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #1005
chimpster

I'd appreciate it if someone could send me a pointer to 3.5d images for a Sony SAT-T60.
chimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #1006
Slikkster

Thanks, Unitron, for the TCD540040 files! My original Maxtor Tivo drive bit the dust and I was getting ready to toss the whole unit (after seeing what they wanted for IC now!). Appreciate it.
Slikkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #1007
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikkster View Post
Thanks, Unitron, for the TCD540040 files! My original Maxtor Tivo drive bit the dust and I was getting ready to toss the whole unit (after seeing what they wanted for IC now!). Appreciate it.

Watch in good health.

If you don't already have a Dropbox account, let me get them to send you an invite and we both get extra free space.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:00 AM   #1008
tangent1138

Quote:
Since Dropbox doesn't expire from lack of activity the way SendSpace does, here's a new location for TCD540040 images.
Unitron, you're the best. I had an image for my TiVo, but apparently it was neither compatible with WinMFS or the new MFS Live CD, so I was really stuck. Thanks so much.
tangent1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #1009
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangent1138 View Post
Unitron, you're the best. I had an image for my TiVo, but apparently it was neither compatible with WinMFS or the new MFS Live CD, so I was really stuck. Thanks so much.
If you don't already have a free Dropbox account...

hint, hint, hint.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #1010
Genius

My trusty old Sony SAT T60 got stuck loading at 60% and I see it's a problem with all units not running at least v3.5d. Unfortunately, I was running Xtreme 3.1. I've searched and searched but can't find a way to update to 3.5d.

Would some kind soul please point me in the direction of a Sony SAT T60 image or way to upgrade what I've got to 3.5d?

Thanks in advance.
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #1011
JohnnyRocket

Hi guys...
My dsr6000 is stuck at 3.5c...
Lost my locals last night...
Would really appreciate someone sending me a link or image of a 3.5d image

(can't pm cuz I haven't posted 10 times...)

Thanks Thanks Thanks... (beg beg beg....please please please...)
John
JohnnyRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #1012
homeplate5

6.4 for R10 model?

Does anyone have 6.4 for the R10 DTV unit? I have 6.4 for Hughes SDVR and HR10-250 but the Hughes image does not seem to be compatible with the R10
homeplate5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:36 AM   #1013
hawkeye1991

Need 6.4a for either HDVR2 or HR10-250

Please please Pretty please
hawkeye1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #1014
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Also looking for 6.4a for the HDVR2.
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy

Last edited by sbourgeo : 07-29-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: All set!!!
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #1015
NiTE

Quote:
If you don't already have a free Dropbox account...
hint, hint, hint.
I might have an account for DB already on my iphone, but I would gladly setup another one for my MacPro.

I am here today because:
If anyone can help me out, I'd really really appreciate it. I need a 2TB image for a TCD648250B Series3 TiVo

Thanks in advance. I will custom build you a hi-power rechargeable flashlight!

NiTE
Old 07-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #1016
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTE View Post
I might have an account for DB already on my iphone, but I would gladly setup another one for my MacPro.

I am here today because:
If anyone can help me out, I'd really really appreciate it. I need a 2TB image for a TCD648250B Series3 TiVo

Thanks in advance. I will custom build you a hi-power rechargeable flashlight!

NiTE
A regular "takes up 250GB when you install it" image is here

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...60#post8921060

An image that cannot go onto a drive smaller than 2TB probably does not exist.

Which is not to say that putting a 2TB in an original S3 and using all of it is impossible, as was previously suspected.

If you check the last few pages of this thread

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=370784

you'll find a discussion of people "rolling their own".

Old 07-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #1017
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeplate5 View Post
Does anyone have 6.4 for the R10 DTV unit? I have 6.4 for Hughes SDVR and HR10-250 but the Hughes image does not seem to be compatible with the R10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye1991 View Post
Need 6.4a for either HDVR2 or HR10-250

Please please Pretty please
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbourgeo View Post
Also looking for 6.4a for the HDVR2.
Here is a link to an image I took off of a DirecTV R10 with an 80GB drive. Not sure if this is what you need but it's worth a try:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39572185/DirecTV%20R10.tbk
Old 07-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #1018
PSCGOhio

TCD24008A tbk?

I know there's tons of posts up here, but those links are all long since dead so I've got a 240#### series I need the 240_GSet.tbk file specifically or any other compatible one I can run in there.

Kept popping errors trying to install an 80GB tbk I have, but I'm thinking that was a 540 series version because I have the 540_Gset.tbk stuff as well. After the learning curve on the other Series 2 that's purring like a kitten here now, I latched onto a Maxtor 120GB HDD and brought it back to life - now it's ready and formatable to pop into this other Series 2 I have.

Under 10 posts, so I'll have to thank whoever PM's it on here unless you tell me not to but trust me if I get it I'll be greatly appreciative!

Thanks!
PSCGOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #1019
lunchm3at

Hello people... I have a dead Pioneer 810H... anyone have an image for this unit they could share? Thanks a ton!

-Jeff
lunchm3at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #1020
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSCGOhio View Post
I know there's tons of posts up here, but those links are all long since dead so I've got a 240#### series I need the 240_GSet.tbk file specifically or any other compatible one I can run in there.

Kept popping errors trying to install an 80GB tbk I have, but I'm thinking that was a 540 series version because I have the 540_Gset.tbk stuff as well. After the learning curve on the other Series 2 that's purring like a kitten here now, I latched onto a Maxtor 120GB HDD and brought it back to life - now it's ready and formatable to pop into this other Series 2 I have.

Under 10 posts, so I'll have to thank whoever PM's it on here unless you tell me not to but trust me if I get it I'll be greatly appreciative!

Thanks!
Sounds like you're talking about my posts.

The 240 and 540 images I had on SendSpace, but they tend to age off if nobody downloads them recently enough.

However, thanks to people using an invite sent in my name to sign up for a free DropBox account, I now have more free space in my DropBox account and those images are available there.

I just haven't gotten around to editing my old posts yet.

Feel free to tell me the post numbers to save me having to search for them.

In the meantime

TCD240080 restore with MFS Live cd to a drive with an LBA number equal to or greater than 160086528

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/240_gset.bak

TCD240080 restore with WinMFS to a drive with an LBA number equal to or greater than 160086528

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/240_GSet.tbk

TCD540040 restore with MFS Live cd to a drive with an LBA number equal to or greater than 80293248

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/540_GSet.bak

TCD540040 restore with WinMFS to a drive with an LBA number equal to or greater than 80293248

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/540_GSet.tbk

Also feel free to ask me for a DropBox invite that'll get both of us more free space.

If you can't PM me you can email me.