TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

The Premiere and multiple TiVo remote codes

I just got a Premiere to replace my original Series3. Temporarily I have them both hooked up so that I can watch the copy protected recordings which I can't transfer (like a stack of the season's last episodes of Mad Men). I set the S3 for remote #2 and slide the switch on its remote to that position. Now the S3 will only respond to that remote, but the Premiere will respond to both. I thought that it was because it was set for remote 0, but I set it for remote 1 and it still responds to both.

Does anyone know what's up with that? If there's anything in the Premiere's user's guide about it, I'm missing it and I don't find anything in the searches I've tried on this forum.

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
mikeyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyts View Post
I just got a Premiere to replace my original Series3. Temporarily I have them both hooked up so that I can watch the copy protected recordings which I can't transfer (like a stack of the season's last episodes of Mad Men). I set the S3 for remote #2 and slide the switch on its remote to that position. Now the S3 will only respond to that remote, but the Premiere will respond to both. I thought that it was because it was set for remote 0, but I set it for remote 1 and it still responds to both.

Does anyone know what's up with that? If there's anything in the Premiere's user's guide about it, I'm missing it and I don't find anything in the searches I've tried on this forum.
Read one or both of these TiVo answers carefully:
Controlling two TiVo boxes with separate remotes
Controlling two TiVo DVRs with one remote

And remember that if a TiVo receives a signal from a remote while in its System Information screen, it accepts that as its new remote code. So most of the programming procedure is to get the remote to send the proper codes. (Someone will correct me if I've garbled this.)
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

I read the first of those carefully and followed the instructions. The S3 is set to remote 2 and the Premiere to remote 1; the S3 will only respond to its original remote with the switch set to DVR 2 and the Premiere responds to both.

I'll just have to cover the Premiere's IR sensor when I'm using the S3. I've only got some 6 hours of untransferrable stuff on the S3; the situation won't last long.

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
mikeyts is offline   Reply With Quote