TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
PAberts

XL4 only recieving black screens for video

I just recently purchased the new Premier XL4. After going through several cable cards and to this point 3 service visits, it is still not working. All I get for video is a black screen that says there is a problem with the cable signal. My video cable strength is strong enough (89-90db). The cable cards are paired with the TiVo. I have worked with TiVo support and so far the only thing we can find that under the cable card menus, If you go to the CA menu, application data (two screens in) the data is not being downloaded from Comcast. Anyone else run into this and have a solution?

Please, thank you in advance.

Paul
PAberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
mad

I'm having the same issue, same box as well. A few weeks ago, I noticed the channels I watch most (here in Bmore) are USA, Nick @ nite and TBS, all of which were getting pixelated and pausing. Now this week, I can't even get those or anything other than channel 11-21. All the other ones in my house are fine, just not my tivo, i've restarted but they're all saying no signal as well. I'm gonna check the app data as soon as it's done now!
mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
PAberts

I am in the Northern VA area with Comcast. NONE of my channels are coming through.
PAberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
mad

That's actually what happened to me as well right after I posted all that. Chatted with Comcast, they said it could have been from a power surge at some point, blahblahblahblah. I went from all channels (200+) to 8. To 0. within hours.

Chatting got most of them back, they had to "send a signal" to my cable box. Realized I was still missing some, now 2 hours later, after the "wait 45 minutes so the signals can get there etc..." I'm back to about only 12 channels and losing some here and there.
Maybe it's a local problem?

eta: I just went into the cable card status thing and it says "In order to start cable service for this device please contact your cable provider. 800-266-2278" This has gotta be on comcasts end...

Last edited by mad : 06-22-2012 at 07:27 PM.
mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #5
PCurry57
Liberal Hippie Chick

Exclamation Tuning Adapter issue

Since I moved last Jan I lost my view of the sky. Unable to hit the DirecTV birds. My first experience TiVo was the DirecTiVo. So rather than pay TWC their ridiculous dvr lease I opted to buy a brand new TiVo Premiere. I haven't had one trouble free month of service from Time Warner. Next to last tech here mentioned a different brand TA used in other markets. The Motorola apparently is a pile o dung.

I get missing channels or change channels and get blank screen, no signal. Or the Tuning Adapter just goes on holiday and my Premiere says No Tuning Adapter Attached.

These are cable co issued that eill have to be fixed on their side. I just keep threatening to cancel, after hinting I'd like to consider switching to them as isp. Can't do that if they can't give me trouble free TV service.
PCurry57 is offline   Reply With Quote