TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
nrnoble

I get daily messages from Tivo that my lineup has changed.

No joke I get a TiVo message everyday that my Comcast line up has changed. Often is keeps changing the same channels. It has been going in for at least 6 months going back into 2011. Example
HBO --> HBOHD
then the next day will be:
HB0HD --> HBO
Then day after that.
HBO --> HBOHD
And keeps going, except maybe it will switch from HBO to TNT and keep changing TNT for a while.

I called TiVo and asked 2-3 times, and get same response "Its not TiVo's fault because we simply issue changes that are given to us by Comcast". When I call Comcast, they point the finger at TiVo saying that Comcast is not changing the lineup, and say HBO (or whatever) has not changed, thus its a TiVo problem.

Clearly this an automated process, which is failing, but both sides deny that there is a problem, or that if there is a problem, its not their problem to fix.

Sounds like a sequel to the very funny movie: "Office Space".

Any ideas what is really going on?
Tivo user since 1999.

Last edited by nrnoble : 06-16-2012 at 01:21 AM.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
rainwater

TiVo really has little to do with the guide data. The guide data is created by Tribune. And Tribune should be verifying any changes with Comcast before they actually make them. You should try contacting Tribune.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
celtic pride

the same thing happened to me with tnt just as the nba playoffs started,the message said TNT was deleted ,but it wasnt therefore i couldnt set up recordings of nba playoffs,After contacting tivo and verizon fios, I finally contacted tribune guide service and explained my problem. They told me it could take up to 7 days to fix the problem,and thats exactly how long it took to correct my guide. they should be able to fix this i think comcast is giving out the wrong information to tribune,thats why your tivo keeps getting these wrong messages on your box!
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
nrnoble

My overall annoyance is that when talking to TiVo about the issue, they wash their hands of any reasonability and tell me to contact my cable providor. And because Comcast has no involvementment with TiVo, they say "We have no control over the TiVo guide, you need to contact TiVo". I, like everyone else, pay money both to TiVo and Comcast, yet neither company have any interested in solving the problem.

Bet if the CEO of comcast or TiVo were having this problem, the problem would get resolved pretty quickly. Given I am neither one of those two people, their level of interest in solving this problem does not exist.
Tivo user since 1999.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
shwru980r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
TiVo really has little to do with the guide data. The guide data is created by Tribune. And Tribune should be verifying any changes with Comcast before they actually make them. You should try contacting Tribune.
I thought the guide data was part of the service that the customer pays Tivo for.

Premiere-$99 Lifetime-OTA
HD-Lifetime-OTA
S3 OLED-Lifetime-OTA
shwru980r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Next time it happens check the Zap2it.com website for your channel line-up to see if they also show the change. If Zap2it is also changing then the problem is Tribune Media and not necessarily TiVo. But, it doesn't rule out any involvement from Comcast.

Check: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/

Incorrect channel line-up changes have been happening w/ Cox Arizona the past several months. I always contact TiVo and Zap2it immediately.

Report issues:
http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/...neup_tool.html

http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/...9403.htmlstory

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
LoREvanescence

I get those line up has changed messages about weekely it seems.

What's odd is it says it deleted the channel then re added it all in the same message which is like, what the hell.

But I just click past it. As other says is tribune and not tivo. And your cable company has something to do with it as well.
LoREvanescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwru980r View Post
I thought the guide data was part of the service that the customer pays Tivo for.
TiVo has no ability to make changes to the lineup. Tribune provides the guide data for TiVo. Your money does go to pay for TiVo to use this guide data but TiVo isn't the ones making guide changes, it is Tribune.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #9
shwru980r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
TiVo has no ability to make changes to the lineup. Tribune provides the guide data for TiVo. Your money does go to pay for TiVo to use this guide data but TiVo isn't the ones making guide changes, it is Tribune.
Yes, but the customer has no standing with Tribune. Tivo has a contract with Tirbune and the customer has a contract with Tivo.

Premiere-$99 Lifetime-OTA
HD-Lifetime-OTA
S3 OLED-Lifetime-OTA
shwru980r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwru980r View Post
Yes, but the customer has no standing with Tribune.
Not really accurate, Tribune (Zap2It) has the following Incorrect Channel/Lineup Feedback form
http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/...9403.htmlstory

And Tribune (Zap2It) does respond to input.
Quote:
RE: Zap2it Incorrect Channel Feedback
Dear Zap2it user,

Thank you for the updated information in your email below. We have forwarded your email to our database team who will work to resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Thank you for being a user of Zap2it TV Listings -- we will continue to work hard to provide the most up to date listings for you.

If you should have any other questions, please be sure to reference our Help page at:

http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/...2155.htmlstory

Regards,

The Zap2it Customer Feedback Team

Old 06-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #11
hillyard

You pay TIVO , therefore Tivo is the one responsible. doesn't matter were Tivo gets it they are the ones selling it under their brand.
hillyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #12
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Regardless of who you pay for the service, Tribune Media ultimately makes the change and passes it on to TiVo, So why not go directly to the source also, Especially when the same line-up error also effects Windows Media Center.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #13
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillyard View Post
You pay TIVO , therefore Tivo is the one responsible. doesn't matter were Tivo gets it they are the ones selling it under their brand.
You also pay Best Buy for a Yamaha AVR or a Hitachi TV. So who do you think will give you more thorough tech support or be more likely to implement changes to the product lines at your request? You can bleat all day long about TiVo taking your money, but dealing with a middle-man is almost never going to produce the results that dealing with the source can, and when it comes to the guide data, TiVo is just a retailer.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote