TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #4081
OOOOPS!

Thanks again. Good to know I can still copy and paste.
now kmttg/ffmpeg is complaing about something else
One other thing I pulled this off the tivo if that makes any difference. I did not have a dvd source handy at work. The stream is from an ota recording.
Code:
04 SHOWS, 908 GB USED, 2 GB FREE
>> ENCODING WITH PROFILE 'ff_tivo_cartoon' TO FILE E:\Tivo\kmttg\Curious George Maple Monkey Madness.mp4 ...
E:\Tivo\kmttg\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -y -i "E:\Tivo\kmttg\Curious George Maple Monkey Madness.mpg" -threads 4 -acodec copy -vcodec libx264 -vpre medium -crf 19 -g 24 -f mp4 "E:\Tivo\kmttg\Curious George Maple Monkey Madness.mp4" 
encoding failed (exit code: 1 ) - check command: E:\Tivo\kmttg\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -y -i "E:\Tivo\kmttg\Curious George Maple Monkey Madness.mpg" -threads 4 -acodec copy -vcodec libx264 -vpre medium -crf 19 -g 24 -f mp4 "E:\Tivo\kmttg\Curious George Maple Monkey Madness.mp4" 
FFmpeg version SVN-r21085, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  built on Jan  8 2010 06:05:02 with gcc 4.2.4
  configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --prefix=/mingw --cross-prefix=i686-mingw32- --cc=ccache-i686-mingw32-gcc --target-os=mingw32 --arch=i686 --cpu=i686 --enable-avisynth --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-zlib --enable-bzlib --enable-libgsm --enable-libfaad --enable-pthreads --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libspeex --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libxvid --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libx264 --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb
  libavutil     50. 7. 0 / 50. 7. 0
  libavcodec    52.45. 0 / 52.45. 0
  libavformat   52.46. 0 / 52.46. 0
  libavdevice   52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
  libswscale     0. 8. 0 /  0. 8. 0
[mpeg @ 0x314ee90]MAX_READ_SIZE:5000000 reached

Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 59.94 (60000/1001) -> 29.97 (30000/1001)
Input #0, mpeg, from 'E:\Tivo\kmttg\Curious George Maple Monkey Madness.mpg':
  Duration: 00:13:03.36, start: 0.233367, bitrate: 12119 kb/s
    Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 12205 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
    Stream #0.1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16, 448 kb/s
File for preset 'medium' not found
Thanks,
OOOOPS!
OOOOPS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #4082
txporter
One sec, almost done

Grr...sorry. And I am always telling my son to check his work. FFMPEG changes x264's 'medium' preset to 'normal'. It should look like this:
Code:
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
mpeg4 container, same res FFMPEG CRF 19 h.264 video, copy audio (ac3)

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -threads CPU_CORES -acodec copy -vcodec libx264 -vpre normal -crf 19 -g 24 -f mp4 OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mp4

Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #4083
moyekj

Note that with ffmpeg that comes with kmttg windows package there are no preset files included so using -vpre won't work no matter what setting you try.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #4084
OOOOPS!

thanks again
Old 05-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #4085
OOOOPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Note that with ffmpeg that comes with kmttg windows package there are no preset files included so using -vpre won't work no matter what setting you try.
well shoot. Off to find a different version of ffmpeg or parameters for normal and medium.
Thanks for kmttg and the information.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #4086
lew

I haven't used this program recently. Some files I want to D/L, use VRD to cut edit then use VRD profiles for encoding. I don't know why the video needs to be decoded. VRD will let you edit, and encode, a tivo format file.

kmttg wants to decode the video, even though I didn't check this option.

I'm using version v0p8q. There didn't seem to any reason for me to upgrade to the newer version.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #4087
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
I haven't used this program recently. Some files I want to D/L, use VRD to cut edit then use VRD profiles for encoding. I don't know why the video needs to be decoded. VRD will let you edit, and encode, a tivo format file.

kmttg wants to decode the video, even though I didn't check this option.

I'm using version v0p8q. There didn't seem to any reason for me to upgrade to the newer version.
It's doing qsfix 1st. I found out long ago qsfix with video dimension filter enabled is required for me (or VRD would choke on some files that change video resolution between show & commercials). A qsfix run doesn't hurt other than taking a little more time. If you don't like it you could always enable nothing in kmttg so you are using it only for downloads then use VRD directly for the rest, or use VAP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #4088
lew

Quote:
It's doing qsfix 1st. I found out long ago qsfix with video dimension filter enabled is required for me (or VRD would choke on some files that change video resolution between show & commercials). A qsfix run doesn't hurt other than taking a little more time. If you don't like it you could always enable nothing in kmttg so you are using it only for downloads then use VRD directly for the rest, or use VAP.
Not a bad practice. I had video I know didn't need it and didn't select qfix. I was surprised to see it was doing it anyway.

Two questions:
  1. Again using VRD. I don't know the "batch" commands for VRD. Normally there isn't a need to create a mpg file with the cuts. VRD can directly save the tivo video, or mpg created from qsfix, to mp4. This step doesn't really add much time. I guess it's a nitpick. Just curious if the step is needed when using VRD in "batch command" mode.
  2. Atomic parsley gave an error 2. I di a google search and can't figure out what that means.

Thanks.

Last edited by lew : 05-17-2012 at 07:32 AM.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #4089
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Well...phewy! Ok, I guess I should have looked into this before recommended something else with ffmpeg. Things look like they have changed a lot since I last looked. I couldn't find a source of presets that matched up with x264 defaults. Simply try this one:
Code:
<description>
mpeg4 container, same res FFMPEG CRF 19 h.264 video, copy audio (ac3)

# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -threads CPU_CORES -acodec copy -vcodec libx264 -flags +loop -coder ac -level 41 -crf 19 -refs 3 -bf 3 -me_method umh -subq 9 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -qscale 1 -sameq -g 24 -f mp4 OUTPUT

<extension>
mp4
That is really just changing the -b 3000k flag to -crf 19. Again, try it with numbers between 18-23 if you don't like the quality. I just tried it on a 2min clip from Dexter. It worked and resulted in a file with bitrate at 2197kbps for the video. It took 2m 39s to do that file on a quad core i5 laptop. It will output the video as 29.97fps which is good and bad. That is the native framerate for most video that is broadcast and earlier Tivos are better at displaying it. Unfortunately, that will also encode the telecined frames as-is, so you will see interlacing.

I just tried with my old profile for handbrake (hb_tivo_sd_crf) and I didn't like what it did to the aspect ratio of the file. I will see if I can tinker with it a bit and find something that I like better. The "benefit" of handbrake is that it has come built-in filters to inverse telecine. People have mixed results with it. I prefer to do my encodes by hand with avisynth and x264.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #4090
txporter
One sec, almost done

Ok, came up with a new Handbrake profile that seems to work pretty well. It will perform an inverse telecine on material as well which helps drive the size down a bit more. For the same Dexter clip, Handbrake completed the conversion in 1m 31s with a final bitrate of 1174kbps. The final framerate is 24.281 fps which is close to FILM rate. Handbrake's detection algorithm will allow variable frame rate which can be a problem for some uses. I haven't used Handbrake for a couple of years for my conversions, but when I did I really didn't notice any issues on my TivoHD with playback.

The is a profile base on the hb_tivo_sd_crf profile*:
Code:
<description>
Handbrake tivo sd: mp4 container, Constant Quality (CRF=19) h.264 video, ac3 audio

# Known keywords: FFMPEG, MENCODER, HANDBRAKE, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
HANDBRAKE -i INPUT -4 -v -O -9 -5 -e x264 --x264-preset medium -f mp4 -q 19.0 -a 1 -E copy:ac3 -x keyint=48:min-keyint=4 --denoise="weak" --keep-display-aspect --crop 0:0:0:0 -o OUTPUT

<extension>
mp4
* I used the latest Handbrake CLI (0.9.6) for this profile (not the one included on kmttg). You will need to download the CLI here, and replace the one included with kmttg to use it. If you want to use it with the included Handbrake CLI (0.9.5), modify the profile as below:
Code:
<description>
Handbrake tivo sd: mp4 container, Constant Quality (CRF=19) h.264 video, ac3 audio

# Known keywords: FFMPEG, MENCODER, HANDBRAKE, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
HANDBRAKE -i INPUT --cpu CPU_CORES -4 -v -O -9 -5 -e x264 -f mp4 -q 19.0 -a 1 -E ac3 -x keyint=48:min-keyint=4 --denoise="weak" --keep-display-aspect --crop 0:0:0:0 -o OUTPUT

<extension>
mp4

Old 05-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #4091
lpwcomp

Couple of things:

1. Is running kmttg under Win2k the cause of the times being EST rather than EDT?
edit: Now the times are correct.

2. The "Season Pass" button doesn't seem to work properly. It acts as if I hit the "Record" button.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"

Last edited by lpwcomp : 05-31-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: admit confusion
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #4092
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
2. The "Season Pass" button doesn't seem to work properly. It acts as if I hit the "Record" button.
"Season Pass" button only for Guide table was erroneously bringing up Single Recording dialog. The buttons for Season Premieres and Search tables are fine. This was fixed in v0p8s version just released.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #4093
moyekj

v0p8s version released

v0p8s version released with an enhancement and some fixes. Consult the release_notes for details.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #4094
lpwcomp

Quote:
"Season Pass" button only for Guide table was erroneously bringing up Single Recording dialog. The buttons for Season Premieres and Search tables are fine. This was fixed in v0p8s version just released.
OK. Thanks for the quick response. I have installed v0p8s and all is copacetic.

Enhancement request: Use the guide data to display what's playing on the tuners in addition to the channels.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #4095
moyekj

v0p8t version released

v0p8t version released with RPC/iPad remote related enhancements and fixes. If you use the RPC remote on Linux platform this contains fix to long-standing issue with Read timeouts on that platform. See release_notes wiki for details.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:55 AM   #4096
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPaulAR View Post
I've been using KMTTG for quite some time and just a few weeks ago it started timing out when fetching the nowshoing information. Times out with both curl & java downloader after 2 minutes. It always says for me to check the MAK.

I've tested the server by opeing a new session in my browser and copy pasting the MAK in the auth box and it works fine. I've upgraded kmttg to the lastes release and no change. Suggestions?
I'm suddenly having the same problem with one of my TiVos. I switched CATV providers, and the new provider offers a "free" Premier with their service, so I installed the Premier into the theater and moved the other TiVos around. Since they all got moved around, I renamed them on tivo.com, but now both Bobjour and Tivo Beacon seem to be confused about how many TiVos are on the network, what their IP addresses are, and what their names are. I can't get the TiVo in the guest room to return its NPL in kmttg no matter under which name I try the request.

Quote:
Have you rebooted the TiVo? That usually fixes such problems.
Yes, numerous times.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #4097
lrhorer

Quote:
Copy and paste the following into your browser (login=tivo passwd=10 digit MAK) and see if it returns xml with a full set of entries:
Code:
https://10.1.1.2/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0
I know you mentioned you tried logging in with your browser, but it wasn't clear to me if your URL contained Recurse=Yes option.
Under FireFox, it gets a connection reset. Under IceWeasel it just returns a blank page.

Edit: Without the Recurse=Yes option, it returns an XML with many (but not all) of the videos on the TiVo. With the Recurse=Yes option, the tvlog reports:

Code:
Jun 22 08:03:37 (none) [TvHttp:443:83][1395]: write connection timed out, 1:01

Last edited by lrhorer : 06-22-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:57 AM   #4098
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
I'm suddenly having the same problem with one of my TiVos. I switched CATV providers, and the new provider offers a "free" Premier with their service, so I installed the Premier into the theater and moved the other TiVos around. Since they all got moved around, I renamed them on tivo.com, but now both Bobjour and Tivo Beacon seem to be confused about how many TiVos are on the network, what their IP addresses are, and what their names are. I can't get the TiVo in the guest room to return its NPL in kmttg no matter under which name I try the request.
Check the IPs, any duplicate IPs?

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:08 AM   #4099
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Check the IPs, any duplicate IPs?
Nope, but some of the units the search "finds" are no longer valid. For example, when the Premier was first turned up, it had IP 192.168.1.13, issued from DHCP. I changed the IP to 192.168.1.105, and the unit can be found at that address, but the system still insists there is a TiVo at 192.168.1.13.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:17 AM   #4100
lrhorer

OK, I found the problem. For anyone who might have this issue in the future:

The fact the query was failing with the Recurse=Yes get field pointed to a problem with one of the folders. I brought up the NPL in the browser without the Recurse=Yes option and then started drilling into the folders one by one, starting with the newest ones. They all came up fine until I hit The Twilight Zone. This one timed out. I used a different method and looked at the recordings in the folder, focusing on the most recent ones, and there was one which was considerably shorter than all the others. I deleted that recording, and now I can query the TiVo from KMTTG.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #4101
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I recently changed to a new router, and before that, I set each of my Tivos to a static IP manually. But now, I have entered the MAC of each device, Tivos and computers, and they get a reserved static IP through the DHCP.

The old Linksys router crashes on me during Tivo transfers, but that was cut down with some internet traffic.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:32 AM   #4102
lrhorer

Quote:
Turn off TS transfers. i.e. Disable the setting: config-Program Options-Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format.
tivodecode can't handle TS TiVo files properly.
Hey, I have a request. Occasionally I come across a program that only transfers partially due to some error in the program. On my S3 TiVos, I can use tserver to transfer the program, but that is a bit of a manual pain. I haven't tried it yet on the Premier, but the Premier offers the potential option of attempting the transfer via TS, instead of the default PS. Right now, in kmttg, this requires configuring the program to use TS transfers, transferring the file, and then configuring the program back to use PS transfers. This is also a bit of a pain. What would be nice is a button that allows the user to transfer the selected program(s) using the alternate method to the configured one for one-shot attempts to transfer files in PS mode if TS is configured or TS mode if PS is configured.

One caveat: if you do decide to implement this feature, it might be prudent to have it disable the "combine download and tivodecode decrypt" function if implemented, since you say tivodecode does not properly handle transport streams. That, or perhaps better, make it a T instead of a pipe so the .TiVo file is retained in the event of a failure of tivodecode.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:04 AM   #4103
markmarz

Question kmttg on debian - batch gui?

I'm starting to migrate my use of kmttg from my windows laptop pointing to shares on my (mostly headless) debian server to running it on the server only. The laptop is just not as reliable as the always running server; besides since the server is always running, why keep my laptop running for hours on end just to pull shows?

I plan on using kmttg on the server to pull files onto a share intended as a staging area, no further processing on the server. I don't mind running comskip & videoredo later from the laptop when I feel like editing videos. Maybe I'll add wine to support comskip on the server, but it's not a powerful machine. We'll see, that's for later.

I see there's all sorts of nifty ways to run kmttg in the background, even as a daemon, against a list of shows to pull. But is there any way to kick off kmttg in gui mode from my laptop, so I can (say) select a long list of shows to download, and then end? In other words I'd use kmttg in gui mode to build a list of shows to pull, save the list somewhere, end kmttg gui, and then have the daemon process the list.

The ideal addition to that scenario would be to be able to kick off kmttg in gui mode later to monitor and possibly alter the daemon processing (cancel a download, add another show) while the daemon is still processing the download list.

Feasible? Sensible? None of the above?
markmarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #4104
lrhorer

Basically you are talking about converting kmttg to a client-server platform. 'Interesting idea, and indeed one I would definitely use if moyekj decides to implement it. Depending on how he has structured the code, it might be a fairly simple thing to accomplish, or it might require a complete rewrite of the code.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #4105
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmarz View Post
I plan on using kmttg on the server to pull files onto a share intended as a staging area, no further processing on the server.
Just use pyTivo for that.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #4106
markmarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Just use pyTivo for that.
Hah! Brilliant!

I'm already running pyTivo as a daemon in support of vidmgr, which is cool. I can pull from the TivoHD onto a share no problem, just checked. Is there anything I should watch out for using pyTivo to push for vidmgr and possibly pull at the same time?
Old 06-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #4107
markmarz

I just thought of something. pyTivo is pointing to the same place for pulls and pushes, /mnt/samba/Videos

Is there any way to configure it to pull into one place but push from another?
I'd like to pull to a work share and push from a 'production' share.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #4108
lpwcomp

Quote:
I just thought of something. pyTivo is pointing to the same place for pulls and pushes, /mnt/samba/Videos

Is there any way to configure it to pull into one place but push from another?
I'd like to pull to a work share and push from a 'production' share.
You can push from any share.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #4109
markmarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
You can push from any share.
Okay, I missed that, I'll review the vidmgr configuration. Thanks!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #4110
markmarz

Quote:
Okay, I missed that, I'll review the vidmgr configuration. Thanks!
Okay, now I'm confused. Let me make clear what I'm doing now and where I'd like to end up. Right now I'm using vidmgr to push to my tivo. vidmgr uses the pyTivo.conf file to figure out where to push from; at least that's what I infer from:

Code:
[pytivos]
pytivo1.config=/usr/share/pyTivo/pyTivo.conf
vidmgr uses pyTivo to do the actual push as well, doesn't he?

I'd like to be able to use the same instance of pyTivo .. currently running as a daemon .. to pull shows from the tivo onto a different share than the push share.

I don't see a way to configure that in pyTivo or vidmgr. Please feel free to push my nose directly into it.