TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #31
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

If I remember correctly from the original series, Pam developed inoperable cancer and left without telling anyone except Cliff (and swore him to secrecy). So as far as anybody knows, she just got up and left one day. Both Christopher and Elena said at one point during Ep 2 that they missed her.

I'm wondering how long Bobby searched for her before giving up, having her declared dead, and marrying Anne. I suppose that will be answered at some point during this new season.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #32
Flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsercs View Post
You need a scorecard to keep track of who's scheming against who and the people involved.
This is a problem?
Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #33
Vendikarr

Thanks Graymalkin. I lost track of the original series after 'Bobby in the shower.' I do hope they address it.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #34
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Actually, the scorecard is a great idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #35
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
If I remember correctly from the original series, Pam developed inoperable cancer and left without telling anyone except Cliff (and swore him to secrecy). So as far as anybody knows, she just got up and left one day. Both Christopher and Elena said at one point during Ep 2 that they missed her.

I'm wondering how long Bobby searched for her before giving up, having her declared dead, and marrying Anne. I suppose that will be answered at some point during this new season.

Well, kind of. Pam was in an explosion/car accident as a season cliffhanger. The next season we saw her in the hospital pretty much mummified and in a coma. (The reason for this is that Victoria Principle did not return) Her face was horribly burned in the explosion, they do drastic plastic surgery to restore her, from this point on we only catch glimpses of her and creatively lit shots. (They got a looks-close alike for her) At the end of all this she feels she cannot face Bobby and Christopher and she takes off from the hospital, leaving a note. (I always felt this went against the very core of who Pamela was, after she had searched so hard to find her own mother).
Later he got engaged to Jenna Wade, she had his child (so really there is another Ewing out there, not to mention JR's older son). They never married. But he did marry April Stevens in the final season.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #36
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
Welcome to Dallas.
I've sure missed this show.

Quote:
If I remember correctly from the original series, Pam developed inoperable cancer and left without telling anyone except Cliff (and swore him to secrecy). So as far as anybody knows, she just got up and left one day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendikarr View Post
Thanks Graymalkin. I lost track of the original series after 'Bobby in the shower.' I do hope they address it.
Quote:
At the end of all this she feels she cannot face Bobby and Christopher and she takes off from the hospital, leaving a note.
One review I read said exactly that, and that someone says exactly what Graymalkin said. I was looking for the line in the first two hours, but it wasn't there. I would have spoiler tagged it, but I think it's safe to say we're ok with that one.

Quote:
Later he got engaged to Jenna Wade, she had his child (so really there is another Ewing out there, not to mention JR's older son). They never married. But he did marry April Stevens in the final season.
I really hope Jenna Wade doesn't show up. Priscilla Presley had some awful plastic surgery a while back. Heh.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #37
zalusky

I must say I enjoyed it. They have a female showrunner/writer it appears so maybe that will make a difference. I appreciated that they all seem to be on equal footing when it comes to scheming. It was also hilarious to see JR was in a depressed state until he heard his son wanted to start scheming and then he came alive. Now that may be part of the game but it was fun.

They also did not g over the top on the cliffhanger moments it was more subtle perhaps due to the lower key music.

NOw it was to some extent this way in the original miniseries from 1979 for those that remember that. I think it started going loud when they had to compete with Dynasty and raised the glamor. IE it went from Black Angus to the Cattle Barrons club.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #38
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Anyone notice Christopher driving his Tesla electric car?

I thought the car was awful quiet when he ripped out of the driveway, and then I thought I saw Tesla on the trunk.
mrdbdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #39
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbdigital
Anyone notice Christopher driving his Tesla electric car?

I thought the car was awful quiet when he ripped out of the driveway, and then I thought I saw Tesla on the trunk.
I liked that it was a red convertible. In other wards a modern version of Bobby's Mercedes.

Any predictions on who wrote the email! I am guessing Christopher's new brother in law or JR.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #40
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Yeah, his name should really have been Ray Snow. :P

Greg
Ha!! This just cracked me up.

Quote:
Well, kind of. Pam was in an explosion/car accident as a season cliffhanger. The next season we saw her in the hospital pretty much mummified and in a coma. (The reason for this is that Victoria Principle did not return) Her face was horribly burned in the explosion, they do drastic plastic surgery to restore her, from this point on we only catch glimpses of her and creatively lit shots. (They got a looks-close alike for her) At the end of all this she feels she cannot face Bobby and Christopher and she takes off from the hospital, leaving a note. (I always felt this went against the very core of who Pamela was, after she had searched so hard to find her own mother).
Ah yes, you just jogged my memory. So much of this show I don't remember.

I'm enjoying this so far. Bobby has not aged well. Yikes. I'd rather have Pam back than Sue Ellen, she always annoyed me and she still does. Just watching her talk grates.

And as usual, I dig the bad guys the most. Hopefully Christopher gets a little more depth as the show continues.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #41
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Quote:

According to Wiki, she didn't even tell Cliff. Her Doctor/Fiance told her, "Why didn't you tell them you only have 1 year to live"?

If she comes back, being away for 21 years is gonna be a bit of a stretch for her to explain, even for Dallas.

Oh I know, they found a cure for her terminal illness, but it also wipes her memory, and Patrick spots her at NorthPark Center selling beauty supplies. GRIN
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #42
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Apparently I have a very bad memory. Sorry for the misleading info regarding Pam.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #43
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post

I really hope Jenna Wade doesn't show up. Priscilla Presley had some awful plastic surgery a while back. Heh.

Greg
Well, they could use Morgan Fairchild. She was the First Jenna Wade
Old 06-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #44
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Well, they could use Morgan Fairchild. She was the First Jenna Wade
I was just going to say that she looks as good as she ever did, but it looks like she's had some work done the past few years. She's plastic now.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #45
DouglasPHill

Chris's wife is one hot number. Grrrrrrr
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #46
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
Chris's wife is one hot number. Grrrrrrr
I actually thought the real Marta was astonishingly hot.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #47
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

I remember Julie Gonzalo, who plays Chris's wife, Rebecca, from Eli Stone. Apparently she was in Veronica Mars before that.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #48
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

I like Julie Gonzalo (especially her lips), but everything she's in gets cancelled.

My blog:
Old 06-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #49
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
I remember Julie Gonzalo, who plays Chris's wife, Rebecca, from Eli Stone. ...
Ah, thanks for that. I knew I'd seen her somewhere before...loved Eli Stone.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #50
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

My blog:
Old 06-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #51
DouglasPHill

Just finished the second episode. Seems like the writers have gone a little overboard with making every single character bad. I mean Chris's wife, really? JR was fantastic in this episode and remind me never to cross Marta.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #52
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Edited to remove information about Episode 3.

Last edited by Graymalkin : 06-21-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #53
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
More delicious duplicity in Episode 3. I've already relapsed into addiction to this show.

My God, but Ken Kercheval, who plays Cliff Barnes, did not age well from the neck up. Otherwise, he looked to be in pretty good shape, though.

I wonder where the Sutter siblings are coming from. Probably another family ruined by J.R. and seeking revenge -- against the wrong Ewings, of course.
Please post in ep 3 thread...not here. This thread is specifically titled June 13, 2012.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote