TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #31
Mikeyis4dcats

I actually appreciated Burch's candor and straightforwardness.

Womenkind was a mess...it was like the took every post-it note on the wall and made a board for it.
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #32
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
I thought the "One Less Prick" idea was definitely edgier and more interesting. But, it also probably would have only appealed to a younger demo and would have the potential to draw complaints from older generations.
Plus, it's grammatically incorrect!!!!! ("fewer")
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #33
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
JDRF - I couldn't stand Scott from Bozell. I've worked with guys like him, and they have this 'role' they play where they are the negative nancy's, and they make sure everyone knows that's just who they are. So annoying. He couldn't even stop pouting during the pitch.
did you hear him say "this meeting didn't go like I thought" when they were being told they won!?! Who would say that in front of the client?..
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #34
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Just watched C-Wonder and OMG was that dude from C-Wonder the biggest a-hole?????

I mean, the customer is always right but geez-what a d**chebag!!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #35
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I was entertained by the C-Wonder guy being so in your face.

They were telegraphing how much he loved the all-women agency, so I suspected they might pull a last minute switcheroo and have him pick the other one, which he did.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #36
nyny523
Oy

New York Magazine did an interesting article about Chris Burch a few months ago - here is the link:

http://nymag.com/fashion/12/spring/c...-burch-2012-2/
Old 06-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #37
mattack

Stupid AMC overrunning their timeslot. I missed the very end of the last ep. I had actually tried one previously without padding, and it got the whole show (well, up somewhere into the credits).. so I didn't add padding. Yet on this one, it cut off after the winning team won.. and I think there was another scene with the losing team.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #38
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Season finale aired last night, it was the 'Autograph' episode.

One thing I don't like is how they are really editing the pitch meeting to make it seem like one team is rambling on and getting the crickets from the customer. So we don't know what their real reactions during the pitch were. That is frustrating to me.

I didn't think either pitch was very good. The one where the guy followed the girl through the hotel and then looked her name up in their registry screamed of privacy issues (yeah I know, I am just saying).
The other one didn't have a thing to do with the hotel brands, kind of like the old docker commercials. I don't know what they are thinking, but if I saw that in real life I wouldn't rush to find out what Autograph was.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #39
mattack

I thought it was interesting that they thanked all of the companies that were involved..

I only saw a couple of episodes, but thought it was always 2 teams.. I presume it must have been 3 teams on some episodes, since they thanked 15 advertising companies..
Old 06-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #40
Mikeyis4dcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I thought it was interesting that they thanked all of the companies that were involved..

I only saw a couple of episodes, but thought it was always 2 teams.. I presume it must have been 3 teams on some episodes, since they thanked 15 advertising companies..
8 episodes, one company participated twice.
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote