TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
compnurd

Deleting Program After watching

Maybe this is something i have not figured out yet or the way it is. When i finish watching a program, and say FF to the complete end, i am not prompted to delete or keep the episode right away. instead it basically pauses it self and i have to 30 sec skip or FF again to get the delete prompt
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
JoeTaxpayer

left arrow (not rewind, the navigation pointer) will flip you right into that choice.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
sharkster

That's what I do (left arrow) and it gives me the 'delete' choice every time.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
compnurd

Got it

Thanks
Old 06-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
mattack

You can 1FF to the very end, or play to the very end.. But if you try to 2 or 3FF to the end, you'll get what you describe.. (at least that's what I see on my TivoHD).. Sometimes you basically get "stuck" at the end and can't rewind, either..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #6
Samantha Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
Got it

Thanks
To delete recordings, go to the Now Playing List and select the title or folder you wish to delete by pressing CLEAR on your remote. This is not the shortcut by any means but it is also another way to do the work. There are many tricks and tips that are very useful to manage your TiVo. Just visit myTiVO and look for trips and tricks. They have listed some shortcuts also.
Samantha Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #7
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
You can 1FF to the very end, or play to the very end.. But if you try to 2 or 3FF to the end, you'll get what you describe.. (at least that's what I see on my TivoHD).. Sometimes you basically get "stuck" at the end and can't rewind, either..
And compnurd, just FYI, you don't have to be all the way at the end to get that keep or delete prompt. Pressing 'left' anywhere in the last five minutes will bring it up.

(Oh, and if you bring it up accidently either 'jump back' or 'rewind' will dismiss it without totally losing your place)
Old 06-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
And compnurd, just FYI, you don't have to be all the way at the end to get that keep or delete prompt. Pressing 'left' anywhere in the last five minutes will bring it up.

(Oh, and if you bring it up accidently either 'jump back' or 'rewind' will dismiss it without totally losing your place)
nice thanks
Old 06-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
leiff

If you hold your finger down on the skip button you will move to end of program. Or is this only working because I have 30 sec. skip enabled? Useful so you can quickly erase by moving left.
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote