TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
Suits Season 2 spoilery spoiler thread *Warning - May contain spoilers*

This thread might contain spoilers!

So here's what I think is gonna end up happening with Mike and his fake law degree. I think they are going to hatch a plan to somehow make him legit.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
BradJW

I'm surprised they haven't yet. I know it takes some time, but he could easily get his degrees while working part time.

But then, that would take the twist away from this show. And it is a really good show.
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
I'm surprised they haven't yet. I know it takes some time, but he could easily get his degrees while working part time.

But then, that would take the twist away from this show. And it is a really good show.

Oh, with as long as it would take to get a law degree part time, I'm sure they could drag it out for at least 3 seasons.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
robojerk

From what I understand, he passed the bar exam so he is a legit lawyer/attorney. Passing the bar gives you a license to practice law.

However, they lied about him going to Harvard, made a bigger mess by hacking the system to make it look like he went to Harvard. This misrepresenting himself could at least have him disbarred if not sent to jail, and the guy that hired him....
Old 06-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
Agatha Mystery

He passed the bar exam, but not under his own name.
Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha Mystery View Post
He passed the bar exam, but not under his own name.
Ahhh, forgot about the fact he was taking it for other people so they could cheat. Couldn't they just have him take it again so if the **** hit the fan, at least he was actually licensed to mitigate some of the downfall and stop some of their settlements from being overturned?? I know there are programs out there where you can take it without going to law school.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I hate when a main aspect of the story later gets in the way of the continuing story line. I bet we never do find out how he met the kids' mother.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
Agatha Mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
Ahhh, forgot about the fact he was taking it for other people so they could cheat. Couldn't they just have him take it again so if the **** hit the fan, at least he was actually licensed to mitigate some of the downfall and stop some of their settlements from being overturned?? I know there are programs out there where you can take it without going to law school.
Are there programs that allow him to take it without going to law school? I would think that that would be a glaring error in the writing of the show if it were that easy.
Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha Mystery View Post
Are there programs that allow him to take it without going to law school? I would think that that would be a glaring error in the writing of the show if it were that easy.
It might also depend on what state you're taking the Bar in. IANAL, but think California bar has ways to take the test without going to school. New York might not..
Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

I hope this season we get back to Mike's eidetic memory and this is written more into the show. Seems like they hooked us with that on the pilot but then that whole character trait was weekly developed throughout the season.

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #11
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I loved the season opener! Great show. So fun to watch.

I thought they used Mike's memory enough. It came into play here, when he challenged Jessica at the end. I also rewatched an episode where he was trying to exonerate Rachel and he used his memory against the IT guy. It would get old to have every episode spin on that one aspect.

So now all the leads expect Louis know Mike didn't go to Harvard, right? Harvey and Donna, I seem to remember Rachel finding out? Did she? And the head partner. I have to ignore the fact that he'd get fired instantly because it's too fun a show.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #12
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

All I have to say is that Mike should avoid the women of this show. His former best friend's ex and the paralegal at his firm are both psychotic.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
All I have to say is that Mike should avoid the women of this show. His former best friend's ex and the paralegal at his firm are both psychotic.
But hot.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
john4200

Quote:
Yeah, the only woman on the show who he wouldn't be better off running away from (screaming for mercy) is Donna, but she is out of his league.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #15
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post
I hope this season we get back to Mike's eidetic memory and this is written more into the show. Seems like they hooked us with that on the pilot but then that whole character trait was weekly developed throughout the season.
The super memory is the only reason I started watching the show. They played it up like he was some kind of super hero. I still love the show and will watch it either way. They just hooked me on one thing that they don't really seem to play up much.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #16
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
To be fair, his memory was used to pretty great effect to threaten his former friend at the end of the season opener.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

Old 06-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #17
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
I loved the season opener! Great show. So fun to watch.

I thought they used Mike's memory enough. It came into play here, when he challenged Jessica at the end. I also rewatched an episode where he was trying to exonerate Rachel and he used his memory against the IT guy. It would get old to have every episode spin on that one aspect.

So now all the leads expect Louis know Mike didn't go to Harvard, right? Harvey and Donna, I seem to remember Rachel finding out? Did she? And the head partner. I have to ignore the fact that he'd get fired instantly because it's too fun a show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
The super memory is the only reason I started watching the show. They played it up like he was some kind of super hero. I still love the show and will watch it either way. They just hooked me on one thing that they don't really seem to play up much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
To be fair, his memory was used to pretty great effect to threaten his former friend at the end of the season opener.
I agree that they did a good job the first episode of the new season playing up the memory angle. I hope they stick with it as I feel in S1 it was a bit downplayed, but still even with it downplayed it is a great show, just think it could be better.

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #18
wprager

I forgot to pad and missed the last minute. Can someone recap?

Also, what was the deal with him not checking his messages? Seems like S1 was so long ago and for some reason I thought his friend had deleted the message, but now he was able to retrieve it? I think I missed something.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #19
smak
TV MA SLV

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
But hot.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #20
Mikeyis4dcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post

-smak-
I have found that "hot" can also be substituted with "good in bed"
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #21
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager

Also, what was the deal with him not checking his messages? Seems like S1 was so long ago and for some reason I thought his friend had deleted the message, but now he was able to retrieve it? I think I missed something.
I assumed it was just that the message was still there but wasn't marked as new, so how would you notice it or know to look for it?

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #22
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Also, you can retrieve deleted messages on an iPhone. They stay in the "deleted" folder for a long time. I have all my deleted voice mails back to December.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #23
marksman
ID-10-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake
He must be the best kisser in the history of the world
Old 06-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #24
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Watched the second episode today. I've got to say, I'm not into this season so far.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #25
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Second episode was a bit off. A little too much comedy, not enough ruthlessness. Although seeing Donna vamp Louis and Rachel smiling saucily at Mike pleased my naughty little heart.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #26
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
Watched the second episode today. I've got to say, I'm not into this season so far.
Yeah, big bag of meh thus far for me. The premiere was better than this one though.

The whole big bad thing is really weak. Like we don't know he is a bad guy.

Pretty much any plot with romantic stuff is lost on me because I think Rachel and Jenny are both batcrap crazy.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote