TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
daveak
Series 3 Novice

Divorced Drive Comment/ Question

I put a new drive in my Series 3 (original) this weekend (went from internal + external to a single internal drive). It was my understanding the recordings were striped across both drives when using an external drive. However, I had a number of shows on the internal drive after the divorce, some of them even recorded in the past couple months. There did not seem to be a pattern to the recordings left on the internal disk, but I had assumed only recordings from before the addition of the external drive would exist. I had the external drive for three years, has something changed or am I simply remembering wrong about how recordings are performed when you have an external and internal HD?

Just curious. I simply unmarried the drives to save the internal, but I do want to know what is going on here.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
rayik

I have done what you did. After divorcing the external drive I found all the recordings were still listed in the Now Playing list. However, the only programs that would play were those recorded before the external drive were added. Any programs recorded after the external drive was added would not play (as they were partially on the external drive and would not play).

You can simply delete all programs in the Now Playing list. I did an entire Clear & Delete as we had decided to redo our Season Pass list.
rayik is offline   Reply With Quote