TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
bigguy126

season pass new only recording old episodes

Transferred my season passes from my tivohd via the online season pass manager to my new elite. Season passes set up as new only. Now I am getting old episodes along with the new ones. Also, I am getting multiple versions of the old version.

Example: -Fairly legal recording episode right now called shattered - first air date 5/18/12. Weird thing is that it recorded it on 5/18. So not only is the new not working but the same episode in 30 days isn't either.

Is this a bug from the online season pass manager? Does the elite look at the new flag or the first air date? Any one else have this happen?
bigguy126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy126 View Post
Transferred my season passes from my tivohd via the online season pass manager to my new elite. Season passes set up as new only. Now I am getting old episodes along with the new ones. Also, I am getting multiple versions of the old version.

Example: -Fairly legal recording episode right now called shattered - first air date 5/18/12. Weird thing is that it recorded it on 5/18. So not only is the new not working but the same episode in 30 days isn't either.

Is this a bug from the online season pass manager? Does the elite look at the new flag or the first air date? Any one else have this happen?
When did you transfer the SPs?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
bigguy126

I think I figured out what is happening. I upgraded to a xl4 from a hd and copied the shows over and then used the season pass manager to copy the season passes. The shows in question were recorded on the hd and then again on the xl4, hence the duplicates. So, the xl4 did not know I already had a copy.
bigguy126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
mattack

Yeah, Tivos don't count transfers as having been recorded.. (I think this is similar to why transfers don't group like original recordings do.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Yeah, Tivos don't count transfers as having been recorded..
My guess is that the <program> level <uniqueid> isn't part of the metadata transferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
(I think this is similar to why transfers don't group like original recordings do.)
That, at least, has been fixed on the Premieres.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #6
kevo777
My TiVo Gets Me

*BUMP*

Maybe this is related, maybe not. Why are so many shows in the on-screen guide (OSG) marked with a "New" badge when they are clearly not new i.e. syndicated sitcoms like Seinfeld or Friends? I'm also seeing this on shows currently in production like Hollywood Treasure on SyFy for example. Typically, the network will premiere a show in prime time and then a couple of hours later that same night or a few days later rerun it. The rerun will sometimes have a "New" badge. Why? Anyone else seeing this? The Season Pass manager is recording "New" shows in the middle of the night.
kevo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
jrtroo
User

Look around- the "NEW" flag has shown to be not completely accurate, or defined. New to you? First time on TV? Newly recorded? Sometimes, it also seems to reset after software updates- items that were not new are suddenly New.

Season pass manager does not use that flag.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevo777 View Post
*BUMP*

Maybe this is related, maybe not. Why are so many shows in the on-screen guide (OSG) marked with a "New" badge when they are clearly not new i.e. syndicated sitcoms like Seinfeld or Friends? I'm also seeing this on shows currently in production like Hollywood Treasure on SyFy for example. Typically, the network will premiere a show in prime time and then a couple of hours later that same night or a few days later rerun it. The rerun will sometimes have a "New" badge. Why? Anyone else seeing this? The Season Pass manager is recording "New" shows in the middle of the night.
The "NEW" flag appears to be based on the OAD (Original Air Date) and uses the same 28 day rule used for determining whether or not an episode has already been recorded. Sorta makes sense. One problem with this is that it doesn't treat as new episodes of series like "Lost Girl" whose OAD is based on the date it was originally shown in Canada (or England, like "Doctor Who").

As far as recording "in the middle of the night", I suspect that there was a conflict with (a) higher priority season pass(es) when the first showing was on. You definitely want the TiVo to do this if necessary.