TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
severe

Slingbox Remote Issue

I've just setup my Slingbox Solo after having it sit awhile. While using the iPad app I'm having trouble accessing my recorded programs. The TiVo button on the virtual remote isn't functioning. It looks like it may be grayed out.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Is there a simple fix? The channel and info buttons are working fine.
severe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
Davey Jones

TiVo remote in Slingbox

I had the same issue-it is a problem with the default virtual remote not sending the right IR signal. You need to go into the setup screen for your slingbox (access it at slingbox.com from your home computer) and manually select your remote. I have a TiVo HD XL series three and both the HD XL and series 3 remotes had grayed-out TiVo(DVR) buttons at the top of the remote when i tried them out. The one that worked for me was further down the list-there are 5 additional 'generic' (I forget the precise term but you'll see them as 1 through 5 are in parentheses) series three options in a row and option #5 worked for me. It also fixed the same issue with the desktop player.
Davey Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
severe

Thanks, that helped.

Have you found much of a difference with the IR speed options? I'm currently using the default Medium setting.
severe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Eamus Catuli

Thanks! Glad I found this thread. Yup, Series 3 #5 does the trick.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #5
larrynj460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
I had the same issue-it is a problem with the default virtual remote not sending the right IR signal. You need to go into the setup screen for your slingbox (access it at slingbox.com from your home computer) and manually select your remote. I have a TiVo HD XL series three and both the HD XL and series 3 remotes had grayed-out TiVo(DVR) buttons at the top of the remote when i tried them out. The one that worked for me was further down the list-there are 5 additional 'generic' (I forget the precise term but you'll see them as 1 through 5 are in parentheses) series three options in a row and option #5 worked for me. It also fixed the same issue with the desktop player.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I recently cut the cord and replaced my Scientific Atlanta boxes with a new TIVO Premiere. I just wasted an hour trying to figure out why I could not see the TIVO button on my iphone. On the computer, I see a full remote, so it's not an issue. When I changed my setup as you suggested to option #5 on the TIVO setup, I get a DVR button on the iPhone which functions as the TIVO button so I can access my recorded shows. I hope someone from Sling reads this and corrects the bug in the Tivo Premiere Setup. Thank you again.
larrynj460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Eamus Catuli

From the Premiere/Pro-HD thread.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...85#post9393385

Haven't tried it yet but I will.