TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #61
Agatha Mystery

As far as why the Stackhouses are "attractive" to Vampires (and others) is due to their fairy blood. In the books, it makes them attractive to others, and Vampires really get off on feeding from fairies, so the little bit that Sookie and Jason have attracts them. If Sookie didn't have her ability to read minds, then more people would be hitting on her.

As far as Eric going away - that's an interesting departure from the books.

Russel Edgington - he's a much older vampire. Maybe Bill and Eric didn't think that they had the strength to kill him (although Eric is pretty danged old), so just put him away. In the books, delivering the 'true death' without permission has serious repercussions. Same goes with making a vampire. So, in book world, Pam turning Tara would require permission.
Spoiler:
In the books, Tara isn't a vampire - she's the mother of twins. I, too, wonder if they're going to make her an amalgamation of Bubba and Tara.

Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #62
SoBelle0
What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha Mystery View Post
As far as why the Stackhouses are "attractive" to Vampires (and others) is due to their fairy blood. In the books, it makes them attractive to others, and Vampires really get off on feeding from fairies, so the little bit that Sookie and Jason have attracts them. If Sookie didn't have her ability to read minds, then more people would be hitting on her.

As far as Eric going away - that's an interesting departure from the books.

Russel Edgington - he's a much older vampire. Maybe Bill and Eric didn't think that they had the strength to kill him (although Eric is pretty danged old), so just put him away. In the books, delivering the 'true death' without permission has serious repercussions. Same goes with making a vampire. So, in book world, Pam turning Tara would require permission.
Spoiler:
In the books, Tara isn't a vampire - she's the mother of twins. I, too, wonder if they're going to make her an amalgamation of Bubba and Tara.
Response to spoiler - plus another spoiler:
Spoiler:
Ah! That's what I was trying to remember. I've never had any great love for Tara, and kind of wished they'd just let her go... but, we'll see if this can add some of the comedy that was associated with the rest of your spoiler. Although, I really wanted to see him in the show! And, I don't see how Tara can stand in for all his 'scenes'.

I wonder how the changes with Eric helping clean up the Debbie mess are going to affect the rest of the story-line here... that was another surprise. I had misremembered that they'd already finished with Eric's memory bits, and thus had to move on - but, it becomes important later, as I recall.

I, too, need to either re-watch the end of last or re-read some bits to get my head straight.

Goodness, gracious, me! but, can we have more Eric all the time!!
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #63
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0 View Post
Goodness, gracious, me! but, can we have more Eric all the time!!
Amen to that along with a heavy sprinkling of Alcide.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #64
pmyers

Dumb Jason....he turns the girl down but then takes her home while Jessica is having her fun with the other guy.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #65
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Dumb Jason....
By which you mean, Jason...
Old 06-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #66
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Amen to that along with a heavy sprinkling of Alcide.
I'm not gay but even I think Alcide is hot as heck!

If aliens came and told me they can put my brain into any body I want, Alcide's body is where my brain goes.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #67
lodica1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I'm not gay but even I think Alcide is hot as heck!

If aliens came and told me they can put my brain into any body I want, Alcide's body is where my brain goes.
I just saw the unrated (NSFW) preview of him in Magic Mike, if I was a guy I would want to be him too. In case anyone wants to see (all of) him I believe he is behind the full body screen at about the :45 sec mark.

I don't even know what to say... It almost makes me want to put on dark glasses and go see the movie incognito.

Click at your own risk. Showgirls might be better than this looks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1594808.html
Old 06-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #68
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodica1967 View Post
Fanning myself.

You see, I don't understand why Sookie was wasting time with dead critters when she could have had a warm blooded Alcide. Well, I can see why she considered Eric .. even cold, he is pretty hot. Sort of why guys seem to like Jessica.

On another note -- what was with the werewolves eating the dead human form of a former member of their pack? I didn't know that was a werewolf thing. Was that in the books?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #69
Agatha Mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Fanning myself.

You see, I don't understand why Sookie was wasting time with dead critters when she could have had a warm blooded Alcide. Well, I can see why she considered Eric .. even cold, he is pretty hot. Sort of why guys seem to like Jessica.

On another note -- what was with the werewolves eating the dead human form of a former member of their pack? I didn't know that was a werewolf thing. Was that in the books?
I'll take Eric over Alcide any day.

And for the werewolf thing, no, it wasn't in the books.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #70
nlsinger
w00tever

I'll take Eric then Alcide every day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mr.Slowplay was the MVP for sure... not his fault that nlsinger's charm and cunning had him fooled. :P --MickeS
nlsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #71
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
I'll take Eric over Alcide any day.
Oh, hell yes.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #72
tiams

Quote:
Jason doesn't have Faerie blood, just Sookie.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #73
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
No, I was thinking of the three Authority henchmen that Nan brought with her, which Eric beheaded just before Bill staked Nan. They were clearly human, since they did not "burst" like vampires when they died.
They weren't human, they were vampires. Vampires only explode like that when they are staked with wood or shot with wooden bullets. We have seen vampires die before without exploding.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #74
lodica1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Jason doesn't have Faerie blood, just Sookie.
Unless I missed something, they have the same parents so they both have Faerie blood. That is why Jason seems to have it so easy with women. (That and he's smokin' hot)
Old 06-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #75
john4200

Quote:
They weren't human, they were vampires. Vampires only explode like that when they are staked with wood or shot with wooden bullets. We have seen vampires die before without exploding.
I think vampire always burst when they are killed. And I'm pretty sure those henchmen with Nan were human, because even Eric is not fast enough to kill three vampires like that without them even getting a chance to move an inch.

When do you think there have been vampires killed by beheading where their body did not burst?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #76
john4200

Quote:
Unless I missed something, they have the same parents so they both have Faerie blood. That is why Jason seems to have it so easy with women. (That and he's smokin' hot)
But do they have the same parents? Hard to know for certain. And Jason has not shown any super powers like Sookie, unless you count being super-attractive to females.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #77
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure those henchmen with Nan were human (...)
Yes, I thought they were basic day-time security.
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #78
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
But do they have the same parents? Hard to know for certain. And Jason has not shown any super powers like Sookie, unless you count being super-attractive to females.
Well, that would be a power similar to Sookie's "Super Snatch" to quote Pam
Old 06-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #79
Amnesia
The Question

Has a vampire ever fed on Jason? IIRC, Jessica said something either this episode or during the previous episode about how she was going out to feed on someone else instead of snacking on Jason and Jason made the analogy of prostitutes not wanting to kiss their clients...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #80
Agatha Mystery

Quote:
The books address this. Jason and Sookie have the same parents. Their fairy blood comes from their grandparents. As far as why Sookie has powers and Jason doesn't, that is also addressed in the books.

Book spoilers below:
Spoiler:

Jason and Sookie were both given a 'blessing' of sorts from a half-demon named Mr. Cataliades, as a 'God Father' to them. The essential 'spark' that would grant them super abilities, so to speak, passed Jason by. It didn't take. It did take in Sookie. She got the ability to read minds from Mr. Cataliades, as that was his special power, and he passed it on to Sookie's family, through his blood. In those that didn't get the ability to read minds, they were just more attractive, due to the fairy blood, but that's it. Sookie has no other "super powers" aside from that.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #81
tiams

So far in the show, we haven't had any indication that Jason has fairy blood. But you just spoiled that revelation for us.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #82
Shaunnick

Quote:
So far in the show, we haven't had any indication that Jason has fairy blood. But you just spoiled that revelation for us.
Here we go.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #83
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Not true, we knew that Sookie's fairy blood came from her grandparents (which are Jason's grandparents).
Old 06-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #84
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Trust me, the show has wandered so far off the reservation compared to the books that no one really knows anything.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #85
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
Not true, we knew that Sookie's fairy blood came from her grandparents (which are Jason's grandparents).
Just because we knew Jason and Sookie had the same grandparents does not mean we knew that Jason also had Fairy blood. Them having the same grandparents did not mean Jason could read thoughts. Siblings don't automatically inherit all the same traits. But now we have been told he does have fairy blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Trust me, the show has wandered so far off the reservation compared to the books that no one really knows anything.
Well now we know that Jessica or another vampire who feeds on Jason will be able to walk in the sunlight. We didn't know that yet.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #86
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Well now we know that Jessica or another vampire who feeds on Jason will be able to walk in the sunlight. We didn't know that yet.
I don't think we know that at all. Having a fairy bloodline doesn't guarantee you have any of the "specialness".
Old 06-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #87
tiams

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
I don't think we know that at all. Having a fairy bloodline doesn't guarantee you have any of the "specialness".
"Bloodline" and "blood" are two different things. Bloodline is ancestry and we knew Jason and Sookie are siblings. Blood is what vampires take from your veins. Agatha Mystery said Jason has fairy blood like Sookie she didn't say bloodline. If his blood is fairy blood it has special powers and we did not know that before.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #88
lodica1967

Quote:
"Bloodline" and "blood" are two different things. Bloodline is ancestry and we knew Jason and Sookie are siblings. Blood is what vampires take from your veins. Agatha Mystery said Jason has fairy blood like Sookie she didn't say bloodline. If his blood is fairy blood it has special powers and we did not know that before.
Wow, let me try it this way. If my grandfather is Irish both my brother and I will have Irish blood.

If it were possible for our grandfather to be Fae, we would both have Fae blood. We are related, no big mystery how that works.

I am good and math and disorganized. My brother is a clean freak who can't add. Those are traits that have nothing to do with what kind of blood we have.

Sookie can read minds, Jason can't. That doesn't mean they both don't have the same blood from their grandfather.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #89
tiams

Quote:
Wow, let me try it this way. If my grandfather is Irish both my brother and I will have Irish blood.

If it were possible for our grandfather to be Fae, we would both have Fae blood. We are related, no big mystery how that works.

I am good and math and disorganized. My brother is a clean freak who can't add. Those are traits that have nothing to do with what kind of blood we have.

Sookie can read minds, Jason can't. That doesn't mean they both don't have the same blood from their grandfather.
We aren't talking about their ancestry, we are talking about their literal, liquid, drinkable blood. When a vampire drinks fairy blood they can walk in sunlight.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #90
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
We aren't talking about their ancestry, we are talking about their literal, liquid, drinkable blood. When a vampire drinks fairy blood they can walk in sunlight.
Right. You are assuming that Agatha means that Jason has SPF blood, and I am not. None of use will know for sure (including Agatha) until we see what happens on the show.