TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #31
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deficit View Post
And where exactly is this Hell's Kitchen? OTH, if you do get to eat there, you must have your SAG card.
From what I've heard, it's just a studio that they have turned into a "restaurant" in Culver City. I think you can get tickets to it like you would the taping of any other television show.

Here's a link I found that explains it.

http://reality-tv.lovetoknow.com/Tic...'s_Kitchen

Tickets Online
When tickets are available, there will be a link at the bottom of the official Fox Broadcasting website for Hell's Kitchen, labeled "Reservations." You can request tickets through this link when it appears.You'll be required to choose the date you'd like to attend, and confirm how many guests are in your party. There is a limit to the number of tickets you can book, so make sure you read all of the accompanying details carefully
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #32
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
From what I've heard, it's just a studio that they have turned into a "restaurant" in Culver City. I think you can get tickets to it like you would the taping of any other television show.
Originally, it was open only to actors (and, reportedly, in some cases there was a separate catering service available - apparently, you weren't necessarily expected to eat the food), but, presumably, the show became so popular that more and more people kept asking Fox how they could get "reservations" to be one of the diners, and they changed it. The only problem is, you have to know in advance when the tapings take place - it's not like American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance?, where they take place either live or the day before they air.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #33
tiams

Barbie was so wrong for waking everybody up at 5 am. After that, I would make it a point to wake her ass up everytime she was asleep and I wasn't.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #34
sharkster

I find that I continue to not give one whit about ANY of these 'chefs'. I do, however, have a few I'd like to see gone, the sooner the better.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #35
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Why do they cast such a high percentage of classless people on this show?
I know they think it makes for good TV, but as much as I enjoy hearing Gordon rant and rave the behavior of some of these chefs has about turned me off the show. It's like the casting people prowl the back alleys behind the dumpiest dives they can find and grab whatever trashy person they find smoking amongst the garbage.
Oy!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #36
rich
Final answer?

I can't believe they were having such a hard time with the salad. All of the ingredients were sitting in little containers, and all they had to do was assemble it. They didn't even have to cook it. They could have set up an assembly line and knocked out all of the salads in a few minutes. But noooo.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #37
tiams

I don't know why I watch this. Every year I say I'm not going to.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #38
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Obviously, capable chefs are content with their jobs and don't apply to appear on this show.

Either that, or the producers pick and choose who they feel would make for good TV.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #39
Azlen

The formula is simple. Get three or so chefs who have a chance to win. Fill the rest of the slots with people for Ramsey to yell at and who can create drama. That's it. That's the entire show.
It doesn't matter who wins or loses or who gets nominated because he always is going to send home who he wants. First those that are completely incompotent and create no drama, then those who are boring, then those who are incompetent but who are dramatic, then you have the few that have talent competing for the prize. It hasn't changed much at all since season 1.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #40
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
I can't believe they were having such a hard time with the salad. All of the ingredients were sitting in little containers, and all they had to do was assemble it. They didn't even have to cook it. They could have set up an assembly line and knocked out all of the salads in a few minutes. But noooo.
How dare you help me with my station..what would that say of me as a chef?
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #41
steve614
what ru lookin at?

"Get out! Get out! And another thing, GET OUT!"

Ramsey cracks me up.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #42
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
"Get out! Get out! And another thing, GET OUT!"

Ramsey cracks me up.
LMAO - Love that!

I think they ALL need to get out. I'm very disenchanted with this season so far. I don't know if it is totally that all the so-called chefs seem to be crap or that I'm getting tired of the formula.

And another thing, I'm getting tired of risotto and Wellington. Seriously - change the freakin' menu, dude.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #43
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
And another thing, I'm getting tired of risotto and Wellington. Seriously - change the freakin' menu, dude.
Don't forget the scallops.

Similar to learning how to build a fire before you leave to be on Survivor, wouldn't you learn to perfect those Ramsay staples before appearing on this show?

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #44
Honora

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
LMAO -

On Masterchef last night, the winner of the first challenge was given the chance to choose what the group would cook next, and they were supposed to be the things that the three judges thought were the hardest to get right. The choices were Beef Wellington, Risotto, New England Clam Chower. She chose the Risotto, and then didn't have to make it.
Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #45
pmyers

Love this show and love that it is only an hour. I'd be out if it was 2.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #46
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Spoiler alert!

F*CK CANCER!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #47
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
It doesn't matter who wins or loses or who gets nominated because he always is going to send home who he wants. First those that are completely incompotent and create no drama, then those who are boring, then those who are incompetent but who are dramatic, then you have the few that have talent competing for the prize. It hasn't changed much at all since season 1.
I wonder how far into the competition they get before Gordon has pretty much decided who is going to win.

What should happen is, one of these years, when it comes time for the final two to open the doors and see who wins, it turns out that both of the doors are locked, and Gordon announces, "This year's winner is someone who can cook circles around everybody who was here put together," and brings out a runner-up from a past season as the "winner".
(Speaking of which, IIRC, the Season 1 runner-up said that he wanted to open a steakhouse somewhere. I wonder if Gordon even considered him to work at his new steakhouse in Vegas?)
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #48
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honora View Post
On Masterchef last night, the winner of the first challenge was given the chance to choose what the group would cook next, and they were supposed to be the things that the three judges thought were the hardest to get right. The choices were Beef Wellington, Risotto, New England Clam Chower. She chose the Risotto, and then didn't have to make it.
Bad form!

Please don't spoilerize a different show! Some people (like me) have not yet watched Masterchef, but HAVE watched HK. I was desperately trying not to read this when going through this thread.

At least use spoiler tags or something!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #49
TheMerk
Always Bid First

I have to wonder if the director of the opening title sequence makes the contestants look as idiotic as possible.

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #50
steve614
what ru lookin at?

The opening sequence is just a 'cartoon' that some writer comes up with.
I don't think it has any bearing on what the contestants are capable of.
OTOH, could it be a clue on which contestants will get canned early? I usually skip over the opening sequence, so I wouldn't know.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:01 AM   #51
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

I haven't watched the last few seasons, but is the "eating disgusting foods" punishment for the losing team in the reward challenge new? If so, why bother? Most of the punishments are bad enough already.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #52
Ment

No its not new but eating tripe w/o seasoning is particularly offal..at least make some Menudo out of it.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #53
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Watching this week's episode i couldn't believe how much she looks like Steven Van Zandt.

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #54
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

HAH!
My husband and I both yelled "Little Steven" at the same time!

And are we the only ones who yell "I'll eat it!!" every time decent looking stuff gets tossed? Not the undercooked meat, obviously, but a bit of char can be scraped right off.
The sheer waste on this show makes me bananas.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #55
inaka

I know this probably gets mentioned every year, but I honestly can't get over how it seems EVERY chef smokes. WTF? I know it might be stressful and all, but a habit for a chef that will help to numb your taste buds? I don't get it...
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #56
Big Deficit
Happy now?

The only chefs allowed on this show are the host, the two assistants and the guest judges. People who work in diners and fast food restaurants may (ehhhhh...) be cooks, but they're not chefs. Maybe the (non chefs who would give hash slinging a bad name)"contestants" should be encouraged to smoke as much as possible, even reward them for more than 5 packs a day? The last one without emphysema or COPD gets the job (that doesn't really exist)?
Old 06-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #57
inaka

LOL

Winning chef gets a job at the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas?
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #58
Ment

Tonight Ramsey was ranting so much he scared his sous chef Andi coming up behind her. I'd be like rest of the guys, ogling the models and overcooking the filets..
Old 06-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #59
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

What fillets?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #60
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Watching this week's episode i couldn't believe how much she looks like Steven Van Zandt.

She reminds me of the wicked witch of the west from Wizard of oz!