TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
spiffy

1 THR-22 + 2 D* DVRs?

Hi everyone,

Does anybody have the setup of one THR-22 and two (or more) DirecTV DVRs in one house? I really would like to replace all three receivers with THR-22, but D* isn't budging -- well, unless I want to pay $600. Not to sound cheap, but I find it horrifying to have to pay $200 for even just one leased unit. I haven't talked to retention yet; but the various CSRs I have spoken with have at least offered the 1 Tivo + 2 D* DVRs at a much lower price. So I am just wondering if anyone has taken that offer and what is the overall viewing/user experience like?

(I have lost my local channels on my Series 1 DTivo, and with no easy solutions in sight, and I've wanted to upgrade to HD anyway, this seems like the logical step. But again, the upfront cost is just way too prohibitive...)

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
weaknees

Should be fine - no Whole Home DVR from the TiVo to/from the HR2X units, but they'll co-exist just fine, and the remotes will even be compatible.

I can't see why they don't consider them all to be of the same value since the price of each is the same . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
weaknees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Jerry_K
Don't know much

Technically it is not the price of each that is the same, it is the shipping cost. If it were price you would have some equity in the item. You have no equity in the item so all the money you send to D is just shipping cost.

15 TiVos of some type or the other over time

Tivoless now
Jerry_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
dwynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffy View Post
I haven't talked to retention yet; but the various CSRs I have spoken with have at least offered the 1 Tivo + 2 D* DVRs at a much lower price.
Can I ask what "much lower" is? I have to HR10-250 HD DTivos and an old SD DTivo and I am thinking of upgrading. I own all my stuff and paying to lease is a painfull thought...

I would talk to retenion as well as think about Dish (since you getting stuck with non-Tivo DVRs).
dwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
lindsay001

thr22 upgrade $99

I just mentioned the Dish Hopper and the price of the THR22 dropped $100 to $99.

However swivel search does not work. Tier 2 said that they are aware of the problem, and are testing fixes in L.A., San Francisco, Chicago, and I think Portland.

Have Fun!
lindsay001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Hmm - swivel search worked the last time I tried it, though that was weeks ago.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #7
spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwynne View Post
Can I ask what "much lower" is? I have to HR10-250 HD DTivos and an old SD DTivo and I am thinking of upgrading. I own all my stuff and paying to lease is a painfull thought...

I would talk to retenion as well as think about Dish (since you getting stuck with non-Tivo DVRs).
I don't remember exactly; but it was something like $199 for the THR-22 and $99 each for the D* DVRs. I knew it wasn't the best deal they could offer at the time; but it was at least $200 less than three THR-22's.

At the rate my local channels issue is going, calling Retention may not be an idle threat...
spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote