Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
ade333

RCN Tivo - N33 error and Firmware question

Hey Everyone,

I just got a new RCN Tivo HD installed and I've got a couple of questions

1) Whats the latest firmware available for this unit? I tried looking it up on the Tivo site but nothing matched up.

2) I forced a connection and got an update to download, however on restart I got an N33 error. I looked this up and it appears to be a connection issue with the Tivo server? If that's the case, why would I be able to force a connection and get the DONE responses?

Thanks
ade333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
rcnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade333 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I just got a new RCN Tivo HD installed and I've got a couple of questions

1) Whats the latest firmware available for this unit? I tried looking it up on the Tivo site but nothing matched up.

2) I forced a connection and got an update to download, however on restart I got an N33 error. I looked this up and it appears to be a connection issue with the Tivo server? If that's the case, why would I be able to force a connection and get the DONE responses?

Thanks
Currently production software for the RCN TIVO Premiere is :
14.92-01-2

Soon we will be migrating over to 20.2.1.

N33 means it can get past your router, Can you verify that you can access things like pandora or youtube. If you have any further issues please send me your TSN.

If you Hard Wired then maybe reboot your router.
rcnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
ade333

thanks for the reply RCNMAN

I don't have Pandora set up, but I have no problem playing music live365.

My Software version shows 14.9.2-01-2-750 so it looks like I am running the latest version anyway.

Do you have a rough idea as to when we will see version 20.2.1 ? I ask only because I used to have the Motorola STB with DVR and I feel it was far superior to the TIVO. It had less space but navigation, the guide, and many other little things make the TIVO seem outdated. The TIVO does have a few things going for it but currently I'm missing my old one.

thanks again for your reply - appreciate the help.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
rcnman

Quote:
thanks for the reply RCNMAN

I don't have Pandora set up, but I have no problem playing music live365.

My Software version shows 14.9.2-01-2-750 so it looks like I am running the latest version anyway.

Do you have a rough idea as to when we will see version 20.2.1 ? I ask only because I used to have the Motorola STB with DVR and I feel it was far superior to the TIVO. It had less space but navigation, the guide, and many other little things make the TIVO seem outdated. The TIVO does have a few things going for it but currently I'm missing my old one.

thanks again for your reply - appreciate the help.

I'm planning on deploying 20.2.1 in the next 45-60 days across all markets.. It does have a much nicer look / feel to it. I'm shocked to see you preferred the Moto interface over TiVo. Are you using the HD Menu's on TiVo? I'm a little worried that live 365 isn't working for you, it seems that perhaps you don't have connectivity from the your tivo to the internet. Does VOD work for you? If you would send me your TSN # off the TiVo I can look into this, Please send it to me via PM.

Jason
Old 06-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
ade333

Hi Jason,

Live 365 is working.
And Yes, I did enable the HD menus but thanks for the tip regardless

If I hold out until you release the new version and still don't like it, will I still be able to switch back to the Motorola without paying more?

And I could give a long list of the things that the moto did better, but the primary things are:
1) Can't see live tv while in the channel guide. (But you can see it in menus- strange)
2) Different resolutions of the screens when going through the menu system (causes my tv to switch modes)
3) Setting up a series recording (season pass) should be much simpler and not require so many screens.
4) No "New" designation on the guide or in the info for episodes that are new.
5) Searching AND FINDING a show is just awful. I tried finding an NHL playoff game the other day and I gave up because it was so painful.
6) It's pretty slow

Motorola crushes the TIVO in all of these aspects.
VOD on TIVO is much better though. And if I didn't have smart TV and Xbox I would probably appreciate the you tube, Pandora, etc more.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #6
rcnman

Quote:
Hi Jason,

Live 365 is working.
And Yes, I did enable the HD menus but thanks for the tip regardless

If I hold out until you release the new version and still don't like it, will I still be able to switch back to the Motorola without paying more?

And I could give a long list of the things that the moto did better, but the primary things are:
1) Can't see live tv while in the channel guide. (But you can see it in menus- strange)
2) Different resolutions of the screens when going through the menu system (causes my tv to switch modes)
3) Setting up a series recording (season pass) should be much simpler and not require so many screens.
4) No "New" designation on the guide or in the info for episodes that are new.
5) Searching AND FINDING a show is just awful. I tried finding an NHL playoff game the other day and I gave up because it was so painful.
6) It's pretty slow

Motorola crushes the TIVO in all of these aspects.
VOD on TIVO is much better though. And if I didn't have smart TV and Xbox I would probably appreciate the you tube, Pandora, etc more.
If you send me your TSN from your TiVo Via a Private message I'll have the new code pointed to your box so you can get an advanced look at it. If your not satisfied, I'm sure we can wrangle the system to get you a moto back in your home. Have you tried the TiVo App as well? runs on IPAD / IPHONE / etc... It's a great accessory for any TiVo Home.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
marcbollinger

Hey Jason,

Do you happen to have any updates regarding the software upgrade to 20.x? I just picked up the RCN bundled a week ago (love it), but would also love the new update.

I'm currently on 14.9.2-01-2-750

Best,
Marc
marcbollinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
ade333

Eagerly awaiting the upgrade to 20.x as well!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
marcbollinger

Yeah, I mean, they are showing the new interface on all the commercials now too. I'm thinking about heading back to comcast honestly
marcbollinger is offline   Reply With Quote