TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
ajwees41

not getting all channels on new cable card

I just had a cable card activated this morning in a premiere and it's not getting all the channels I pay for? How do I check if it's a cable card or an account or a signal issue? I get some digital basic the local sub channels.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Davelnlr_

Look at your providers lowest priced digital tier. Find a channel on that tier that is not being sent clearQAM. If you get it, then they have the wrong package tied to the cablecard.

Comcast did that to me last month. Had to actually send a tech out to verify it wasnt a bad card (it wasnt). They had the new cablecard entered as digital basic instead of digital preferred.
Davelnlr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelnlr_ View Post
Look at your providers lowest priced digital tier. Find a channel on that tier that is not being sent clearQAM. If you get it, then they have the wrong package tied to the cablecard.

Comcast did that to me last month. Had to actually send a tech out to verify it wasnt a bad card (it wasnt). They had the new cablecard entered as digital basic instead of digital preferred.
I don't get any digital except for the 3 local stations sub channels that are on the digital basic no other digital basic channels. funny thing though looking at our account on line the packages look like they should be tied to the cards.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

The cable company will initially think it's a bad card (so a card swap will be required), and will claim that it takes a couple of hours for the channels to show up (it doesn't). IME what fails is Comcast's ability to properly activate the CableCard to your account. But once the account had one CableCard it seemed to be trivial to add a second.
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Did you rerun guided setup after the card install to say cable with cable card?

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
The cable company will initially think it's a bad card (so a card swap will be required), and will claim that it takes a couple of hours for the channels to show up (it doesn't). IME what fails is Comcast's ability to properly activate the CableCard to your account. But once the account had one CableCard it seemed to be trivial to add a second.
this is on Cox not comcast
Old 06-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Did you rerun guided setup after the card install to say cable with cable card?
I already did it before the cable card was installed

just redid guided setup and chose cable card and still no video on encrypted channels

Last edited by ajwees41 : 06-03-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
ajwees41

how can the cable card be paired and still not receive the encrypted digital signals?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

That's what suggests it's a back-end billing/provisioning issue and not a pairing issue.
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #10
ajwees41

well I just looked again and it has an MP error.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #11
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

If you can get the Basic level digital channels and the ClearQAM HD channels (if any) then the card is paired with the box. In my experience I've found two possibilities for not getting the extra tiers you are paying for. First, when you talk to the phone CSR, make sure that you mention the extra tiers you should be getting. Sometime the cable companies need to enter an extra code. Second, it may be the CableCard. Either the card or the Tivo may be finicky. I had this problem on my Premiere and then just recently on an S3HD. The Premiere took three cards to find one that would play nice and the S3HD took two. Fortunately, I'm retired and only a couple of miles away from the cable office.