TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
afletche

TIVO XL4/Xfinity OD threads?

Hi - just got my Premiere XL4 up and running with Xfinity OD here in the SF Bay Area. Looking for the threads that I am sure must exist with people discussing features/usability etc. but I can't find them. A search on "Xfinity On Demand" just brings up a few threads. what am I missing? this must have been discussed to death over the last month - thanks!
afletche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
jrm01

try this one:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=485726
jrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
afletche

thanks. i found that one, but inhere isn't a lot of discussion currently.

i guess not that many people are using xfinity OD yet as it's only rolled out on the SF area.

unless i'm missing something it is something of a bolt on. the Xfinity OD menus are just now displayed in TIVO format, but they are the same weird structure so it's almost impossible to find things. I was hoping that that structure would disappear and I could leverage TIVO's far superior UI to more easily access/watch the OD content (or the netflix content, or the xfinity regular channels).

using "Search" in "Find TV, Movies & Video" i can search for shows/movies across TV, netflix, amazon and OD but can't seem to actually watch OD shows from there? (I can watch netflix with the known limitation that a specific episode doesn't get launched automatically due to the missing netflix API).

i must be missing something simple and being incredibly lame. it can't be designed so that i search for something, find that the specific episode i want to watch is available in on demand but then have to go thru the crazy on demand menus to find the show again! someone please tell me what i'm missing!

-thanks!

i attached (hopefully it worked) a few screen shots to explain what i'm seeing. the first shows the list of episodes available, and shows that episode 2 is available from on demand (at least i am assuming that is what the blue arrow/circle logo means). i select the episode and get to the second screen. i don't have an option to actually launch on demand and watch the show. i have to go all the way back thru the on demand menu tree and hopefully find the show. does it really work this way?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0086.JPG (115.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0085.JPG (106.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0087.JPG (73.1 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by afletche : 05-26-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
afletche

ok - i am not going crazy (despite the fact that i appear to be having a conversation with myself here...). i found some youtube videos of xfinity OD on the XL4 and noticed that mine wasn't behaving the same way. it seems like my setup wasn't complete and the XFINITY logo should have been showing instead of that blue arrow/circle thing, and XFINITY should have been showing as a source (like Netflix, Hulu....). I did a reboot of the tivo, waited 10 minutes and it is now behaving as it should.

my faith is restored in tivo, and i am finally free of the on demand menu structure.