TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
saberman

Picture Freezes -- Audio Continues

Pioneer TiVo Series 2

When watch a recorded show the picture will freeze for a few seconds while the audio continues and then the picture starts moving again. Sometimes there is a cliche in the audio.

Also get occasionial pixilations.

I had the hard drive replaced recently so I don't think it is that.

Any idea what might be causing it?
saberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

First, you can try using the Tivo kickstart tests to check the hard drive on the Tivo itself.

How recently was the hard drive replaced? What model hard drive? Is it still under warranty?
If it is beyond warranty, then you can burn a bootable diagnostic CD from the hard drive manufacturer's website, pull the hard drive from the Tivo and hook it up to your computer, and then run the long test on it.

But before you do that, you might want to eyeball the power supply closely and check for capacitor plague.

You can't rule out that it may just be a signal issue, or a glitch in the transmission itself. The Tivo only records what is input. GIGO.
How are you getting your TV programming? Cable, OTA, or ?

Something else comes to mind.
When you replaced the hard drive, did you DIY by copying the old to the new?
If so, are the glitches you're seeing only happening in the recordings that were copied over?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!

Last edited by steve614 : 05-26-2012 at 12:31 AM.
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote