TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
2thumbs_up
2thumbs_up

Download Was Interrupted

Not sure if it's the spring update but Tivo was downloading for 1 ˝ hrs then it said download was interrupted, so I manually connected to Tivo service and again about 1 hr and it said download was interrupted. Question how big is this download? And why does it keep saying download was interrupted? I know it's not my connection my Tivo is hardwired and my speed results are as follows
Last Result:
Download Speed: 21.74 Mbps (2.72 MB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 3.22 Mbps (0.4 MB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 27 ms
Friday, May 25, 2012 1:10:52 PM

Thanks for all replies
2thumbs_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Hux

I called TiVo customer service today because I switched from antenna to cable service and guided setup was running into the same problem.

The TiVo rep said the servers are being slammed right now by people connecting over and over again to try to get the latest update, rather than waiting for their DVRs to download it overnight.

They weren't sure when the issue would be resolved, but in the mean time, I'm stuck in guided setup and can't watch any of my shows. :-(
Hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
2thumbs_up
2thumbs_up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hux View Post
I called TiVo customer service today because I switched from antenna to cable service and guided setup was running into the same problem.

The TiVo rep said the servers are being slammed right now by people connecting over and over again to try to get the latest update, rather than waiting for their DVRs to download it overnight.

They weren't sure when the issue would be resolved, but in the mean time, I'm stuck in guided setup and can't watch any of my shows. :-(
Thanks for your reply, I was out for awhile and just got back and checked and it said it failed again and it will try again at 6am tomorrow hope it makes it this time and glad to hear it's not on my end.

Thanks again for your reply
Old 05-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
2thumbs_up
2thumbs_up

Quick update this morning I forced a connect and It finally downloaded had me reboot and said I now have the spring update. Yea Ya Hoo I guess, so lets see what happens next when it has to call home