TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
prikindel

selecting right receiver

Hi friends,

I need your advice selecting a receiver for my DVR setup. I currently have a sport bar like setup with 4 DirecTV boxes, each connected to its own TiVo, and then those TiVo boxes are connected to the TV. The TiVo boxes are all series 2. Two of them are connected directly via composite cables, and the other two are connected via converters to the HDMI inputs on the TV.

So far so good, but I want to expand my system. I will probably add several Dish network boxes, and maybe an additional DirecTV box, and each one would again come with its own TiVo, but there are no more TV inputs available.

So Iím thinking about buying a receiver to be between all the TiVo boxes and the TV. Iíve looked at those that are available at best Buy and the problem is that even though they have so many inputs, they are in fact all different ones Ė several HDMIs, several component, etc etc. But not many composite. Ideally, I would need a receiver with like 10 or so composite inputs. Is that something that exist or not? Any recommendations you can give me?

Thanks a lot!
prikindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

It sounds like you need a MAtrix switch. That is what would normally be used for so many devices if you have multiple TVs. Otherwise a regular HDMi switch would work fine too for one TV.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
prikindel

Thanks. So can anyone recommend a good switch that would have 10 or so composite inputs, then 1 HDMI output would be enough, and then also a remote?
prikindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prikindel View Post
Thanks. So can anyone recommend a good switch that would have 10 or so composite inputs, then 1 HDMI output would be enough, and then also a remote?
No idea. Do they even still make those analog switches? I used a bunch of them in the 90's and early 2000's but everythings going digital now. I never had any switches with ten composite inputs but I had some with six.
Check out www.Monoprice.com to see what they have.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote