TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #31
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Your analogy would only fit if Clay's charity was only for children of one race.
Many of the charities on this show were for one specific group of people. At least one was a "latino" based chairty, a couple were for homosexual groups. I don't see the problem.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #32
bryhamm
randomize

Would have been ok with either of them winning.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #33
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
Many of the charities on this show were for one specific group of people. At least one was a "latino" based chairty, a couple were for homosexual groups. I don't see the problem.
Don't forget George Takei's horribly racist Japanese American National Museum. That money should go to a museum about everyone.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #34
DLL66

Aresenio was the best pick.

George Takei's museum is a reminder how the Japanese, who were living (as well as citizens) in the U. S. were treated.
DLL66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #35
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
I found it really weird that there was almost zero discussion of how they did on the final tasks. They mentioned how much each team raised, but that was about it. No mention of which party was better, which performance was better, etc. It was strange.
David Platt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #36
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
I found it really weird that there was almost zero discussion of how they did on the final tasks. They mentioned how much each team raised, but that was about it. No mention of which party was better, which performance was better, etc. It was strange.
Not if you keep in mind that their performance had zilch to do with Trump's decision.

I am convinced that this entire season was cooked up by Trump/NBC/Comcast to promote the Magic Johnson network.
I'll give three guesses as to who will be hosting their late night offering.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #37
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Aubrey O'Day? Lisa Lampanelli?

No wait--if his foundation is only for minorities, then the answer is obviously Tia Carrere.
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #38
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Not if you keep in mind that their performance had zilch to do with Trump's decision.

I am convinced that this entire season was cooked up by Trump/NBC/Comcast to promote the Magic Johnson network.
They did a pretty poor job promoting it given they never mentioned it. Nor do I think Celebrity Apprentice is the best place to advertise for a new cable network aimed at African Americans. And I doubt Comcast is thinking the network is going to be a big earner. They were forced into developing some minority-owned and oriented channels as part of their acquisition.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #39
Chester_Lampwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
The bit with Andretti at the beginning was actually kind of entertaining.
To each they're own I guess, but that bit was so fake. It offended me as an Indycar fan. I thought Marco also looked ill at ease, and was surprised by the total absence of Michael. I guess May is a busy time for an Indycar owner.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #40
MarkofT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
wow, who was responsible for lighting the live shots of Arsenio and Clay at the table. Trump was lighted well. Every time they showed Clay he reminded me of Count Dracula with all the shadows.
A large part of that is because Clay waxed his hair light the little Trumps. He looked really weird with a different hairstyle.
MarkofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #41
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester_Lampwick View Post
To each they're own I guess, but that bit was so fake. It offended me as an Indycar fan. I thought Marco also looked ill at ease, and was surprised by the total absence of Michael. I guess May is a busy time for an Indycar owner.
Of course it was totally fake! Still got a chuckle out of it.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #42
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

I was spoiled by a photo from the filming of that Indy car bit and I was SORELY disappointed that I did not get to witness Trump hoisting himself into and out of that contraption.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #43
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester_Lampwick View Post
To each they're own I guess, but that bit was so fake. It offended me as an Indycar fan.
IndyCar fans are much more thin-skinned than I would have thought.
Boston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #44
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

On Carolla's podcast yesterday, even he thought that Clay's party was better, Clay raised more money, etc. He felt like Clay got jobbed. But he said the rumor is that Arsenio has a development deal with NBC, so it makes more business sense to have Arsenio win, because then it might help whatever he's developing be more successful for the network. I guess I'm kind of surprised that Trump allows the network suits to influence him like that (unless he has a stake in whatever Arsenio is producing).
Old 05-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #45
jgickler
Mr. Rolleyes

I would guess that Arsenio and Clay's record as project manager might have been the deciding factor. Clay was 1-1 as PM and Arsenio was 2-0 as PM. Also, one of the tasks that Arsenio won as PM was the jingle task, and Clay's did pretty poorly at a task that should have been his strong suit. IMO, for Clay to win, he had to be significantly better the Arsenio in the final task, and while he may have been better, it was not by a large enough margin to make up for his poor record on the earlier tasks.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #46
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

So if he beat him by a small margin they'd both be 2-1, shouldn't the tie breaker not be focused on Clay's 1 lose since now Arsenio has one loss too?
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #47
Chester_Lampwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Fan View Post
IndyCar fans are much more thin-skinned than I would have thought.
I guess I shouldn't be speaking for all Indycar fans, but yes I am pretty thin-skinned.

I see a big erosion in what the sport. First, the big split 10 years ago. Then after reunification, they went to a spec series. One chassis, one engine, one tire manufacturer. There was the stupid Sly Stallone movie where somebody drowns in an infield water feature, like they wouldn't barricade those? Then there's that stupid two-seater Honda built. How's that anything like the real deal? There was the Versus Indycar intros that had the cars turning into transformers OMG. Then that colossal wreck at Las Vegas last year on an unsuitable track, because we need another oval for some reason. Then there's Danica Patrick, who steals the spotlight despite her lackluster performance. I'm not fond of this new sideline commentator Robin Miller, he seems like a NASCAR transplant. He seems to have a "good ol' boy" personality, which seems to make the sport seem less sophisticated and refined. I also wish they'd tighten up the Indy 500 schedule. Four weeks of prep before a race is extreme. Most races are practice Friday, qualify Saturday, then race on Sunday.

Hopefully the new boss from Professional Bull Riding can set the sport straight....
Old 05-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #48
Boston Fan

Dear god. The salvation of your favorite sport is in the hands of professional bull riding?
Boston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #49
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

Clays only loss came vs Aubrey. (BTW I believe Clay should have won)

Arsenio's 2 wins came courtesy of Aubrey.

Does ANYone remember how much of a man whore Arsenio was back in his day? Even Eddie 'tranny prostitue' Murphy commented about it a few times. That 'View' discussion was soooooo out of line. And it was such a stretch for him to act like that was something against HIM. I bet if he was just a regular celeb and not good friends with Whoopi she would have called him on that.

Say what you want about her ego and narcissism but Aubrey delivered for Arsenio.
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #50
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

What was out of line about the discussion? His point was that if he was showing p***y pics to one of the guys, Teresa would have been up in arms. Aubrey performed well but she's waaaay too into herself.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #51
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I guess I'm kind of surprised that Trump allows the network suits to influence him like that (...)
You're surprised at a rumor? There are rumors about lots of things. Why is this rumor any more surprising than others?
Old 05-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #52
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgickler View Post
I would guess that Arsenio and Clay's record as project manager might have been the deciding factor. Clay was 1-1 as PM and Arsenio was 2-0 as PM.
Conspiracy theorists will remember that Clay's loss in the perfume display challenge was one of the hinkier decisions Trump made in the boardroom. Clay's display was the one rumored to have been actually used by Macy's in their store despite the fact that the win was given to the other team.
If an Arsenio win was predetermined, Trump needed to make sure he had a viable "reason" and Clay having "lost" a challenge is just that reason.

IMO the Trump/NBC/Comcast/Magic Johnson Channel/Arsenio win is just too much of a coincidence to suit me, especially given the hinky wins that peppered this season.
It all ties up a little too neatly.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #53
tiams

Quote:
Conspiracy theorists will remember that Clay's loss in the perfume display challenge was one of the hinkier decisions Trump made in the boardroom. Clay's display was the one rumored to have been actually used by Macy's in their store despite the fact that the win was given to the other team.
If an Arsenio win was predetermined, Trump needed to make sure he had a viable "reason" and Clay having "lost" a challenge is just that reason.

IMO the Trump/NBC/Comcast/Magic Johnson Channel/Arsenio win is just too much of a coincidence to suit me, especially given the hinky wins that peppered this season.
It all ties up a little too neatly.
I agree it is all predetermined and fixed. I wouldn't be surprised if Mark Burnett has a stake in the Magic Johnson channel.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #54
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
IMO the Trump/NBC/Comcast/Magic Johnson Channel/Arsenio win is just too much of a coincidence to suit me (....)
What does Trump have to do with the Magic Johnson channel? Is he a part owner of the channel?