TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #31
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLL66 View Post
I'm hoping for a Philip Philips win. Jessica is a great singer, but I was never moved by her.
I was moved my her performance of "You are So Beautiful."
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #32
Cainebj

i was pretty much on fast forward mode - seeing what the songs were and then moving on to the next.

i did get slightly excited when i thought that they would have to do the same original song - the idea cracked me up given how different they are.

but - i will say Phil's final song did it for me - even in FF mode i stopped and watched the whole thing and was actually moved by it.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #33
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
If by crap you mean it was awesome then yes, it was crap!

Old 05-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #34
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Dial Idol's results have really tightened up over night. Should be interesting!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #35
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780

Quote:
I personally think SHE is the one that sounds like every other singer out there. There's nothing unique or special about her in any way (other than the fact that she's 16 and can sing that well). To each their own obviously.
My feeling exactly. She certainly has the pipes but she does nothing for me when she sings. I can't recall a single performance of hers but Philips are memorable, even the not so good ones.

He should win.

It's funny but this year I have not paid as close attention to Idol as in the past but I feel this is the best crop of singers they have had.

HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
crazywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #36
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

WHATEVER tonight's result, P2 wins!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #37
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Yes and it was great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Soze View Post
Yes, and it was crap!
Tastes Great/Less Filling

Unless he sang it completely differently than he did last time I think I need to side with Mr. Soze.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #38
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dancing View Post
How do they get their corny songs? If the show gives them to them Jessica got the short end of the stick. I thought Phil's song was more Mumford & Sons than Paul Simon.
You noticed it sounded like Mumford & Sons...me and one of the people I was watching the show with thought it sounded like Mumford & Sons...Randy made a comment that it had a Mumford & Sons sound to it. So, then why did J.Lo. follow up Randy's comments by saying "it sounds like nothing currently on the radio."? What song was she hearing?

I don't get the hype about Phillip, as many others don't either. I understand he is "different" and more of an artist. I just think his singing voice is more annoying than good. Jessica is a better singer...but obviously that's not what it takes to win because Joshua was a better singer than both of these two.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #39
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

I dont think I've ever been this disinterested in a finale. I recorded the show but still haven't watched it.

Heck, I'm sitting here making this post instead of turning on my DVR.

I feel sorry for the winner who has to release one of those crappy Idol singles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #40
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

I hope someone starts a real thread for tonight's show. I won't be posting in mister paranoia's ranting thread.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #41
SNJpage1

I didnt see this thread for some reason and started another one. Sorry about that. But I will repeat what I said in mine in here. The fix is in for Phillip. The shows creators gave him the perfect original song that will be used on his album if he wins. perfect for his voice and singing style. Meanwhile they gave Jessica a song that Randy said was not really a good match for her voice and style. Every one in the media has been talking about how the last few Idol winners have been white, male, guitar players. This just proves that when it gets down to the finials its the producers that determin the winner not the audiance.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #42
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

It's funny, though. It seems that way sometimes, but none of those guys have had much success. If the producers are fixing it, they aren't doing a very good job.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #43
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Finally watching last night's show.

1. Jessica sounded strained. At times it was unbearable to hear.
Phil came across as sincere but he struggled to hit the most important notes.

2. Jessica and Phil both sounded better. In fact, Phil actually sounded pretty darn good.

3. Jessica's song was brutally bland. Phil's was much, much better.

Overall, a boring show. I give the nod, quite easily, to Phil.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #44
mostman

Just watching this now. That final Phil song was an utter Mumford and Sons rip off just as others have said. I mean the entire harmony was ripped straight from Awake My Soul. Go listen to the last half of that song and then listen to Phil's song. Hmmm..

Now. With that said. It was awesome. More Mumford and Sons is just about the best I could ask for. If he makes this style music, I will buy whatever he sells.

And JLo. Do us a favor. Listen to a wider range of music. It might make you a better judge. You can stay on the show no matter what though. Because you are, well, let's just say easy on the eyes.
mostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #45
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostman View Post
And JLo. Do us a favor. Listen to a wider range of music. It might make you a better judge. You can stay on the show no matter what though. Because you are, well, let's just say easy on the eyes.
Almost as bad as Randy during Billy Joel week, when one of the contestants sang "Shameless" and said they were singing the Garth Brooks version, and Randy said "oh yeah, I forgot Garth had a hit with that song". Are you kidding me? I know Billy Joel wrote that song, but it is known for being a hit by Garth Brooks. I've heard many hits by Billy Joel on the radio over the decades, but Shameless was not one of them...I only know it was a Billy Joel song because it was on one of his Greatest Hits albums.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #46
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
Almost as bad as Randy during Billy Joel week, when one of the contestants sang "Shameless" and said they were singing the Garth Brooks version, and Randy said "oh yeah, I forgot Garth had a hit with that song". Are you kidding me? I know Billy Joel wrote that song, but it is known for being a hit by Garth Brooks. I've heard many hits by Billy Joel on the radio over the decades, but Shameless was not one of them...I only know it was a Billy Joel song because it was on one of his Greatest Hits albums.
who's Garth Brooks?
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote