TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
Greg*

Question from a newbie

We just got hooked up with a couple of THR22's last weekend and started
using the "On Demand" service last night. After downloading
a couple of programs I noticed one of the shows had a blinking flag
next to the title in the "now playing list". We check the program and it downloaded and played fine.
I check the users manual and they covered all the "now playing list" icons except this one.
Does anybody here know what this means? Please excuse me if this has been covered elsewhere.
Greg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
billux

For me meant an error downloading. If you got enough before the error no problem. Once I changed my setup to a new bridge no issues, the old bridge was sort of ancient and worked great with standard def programs.
billux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Greg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by billux View Post
For me meant an error downloading. If you got enough before the error no problem. Once I changed my setup to a new bridge no issues, the old bridge was sort of ancient and worked great with standard def programs.
Thank you for your reply. I noticed you are one of the few to get the 30 second skip
to work. Have you tried to get the on screen timer/clock to work like the older TiVo's ?
I believe the old code is S-P-S-9-S. I have not had success getting either code to apply.
Greg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
billux

never tried, the skip was all we needed
billux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
rushe

Some of the downloaded content has a built-in expiration date. I think the flag starts blinking when it is within a day of expiring.
rushe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
ESPalmer

At least you can download

I still have an open issue with DTV and Tivo. I can only d/l cooking channel stuff and Anime channel stuff. Every thing else is Not supported error

1- Directv-Tivo HDR THR-22
ESPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #7
loke

I've had various programs have errors while downloading, the flag means that the license requires it be kept for a limited time. On the info screen it will have the flag and a note regarding when it will be deleted. It will be solid up until just before, then start flashing, letting you know you better watch it soon.

I fired up OnDemand on the first day, and queued up a hundred downloads. Most deleted themselves before I could watch.
loke is offline   Reply With Quote