TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #61
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
It was brought up in the previous episode ("Brave New World, Part One"). Blatantly stolen from the Fringepedia:
Ah, ok... I vaguely remember that but I guess I wasn't paying attention because I didn't come away with it with the knowledge that cortexiphan makes people regenerate. When Walter shot her in the head I was like "holy crap, how are they gonna get out of this!" and then he explained that she can regenerate and I didn't get it.

I hate to say it but I think the direction they took this year killed my love for the show *a little*... Resetting the timeline took away a lot of the emotional connection i felt to the characters and their stories, because it was basically "ok that was a cool story we told for three years, but now that's over and we're starting again from scratch". It just didn't work for me.

When they did it, I thought it was the start of a great arc that would eventually end (maybe halfway through the season at most) with the show being "righted" back to the characters, world, and back-story I was invested in for so long and there would be this awesome emotional payoff, etc...

Instead it just started over. I just don't get the point. I guess I can see it from a "we don't know if we're coming back so let's end it like this because it's got finality to it" standpoint, and I guess part of me can respect the ballsiness of sticking with it... To me what made it worth sticking with what was essentially a completely new show was the fact that I thought it would have a badass pay off. Didn't deliver for me over all, as they didn't take it there.

anyway, hopefully the final season exhibits the badassery of yesteryear. If that random future episode is any indication, I'd guess it's gonna be good/epic. I'm wondering how much of it will take place in the present and how much will take place in 2036. Given how much exposition they gave in that episode, I'm thinking there's not a ton of need to stay in the present. My guess is we get one maybe two episodes in 2012/2016 showing the take over, the rebellion, then the rise of the dictatorship, and then we'll jump to 2036 where the other episode left off, with Peter awake to bring the resistance up to the next level.