Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
ThatOne

Thumbs up The Apprentice Season Finale - OAD 05/20/12

Thoughts?

That Aubrey is one bitter biatch....

I thought Arsenio did a better job on the final project, but wow.. Clay raised some serious $$$

Congrats to Arsenio on the win, never been a Clay fan and glad to see him in second again.
ThatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
xyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOne View Post
Thoughts?

That Aubrey is one bitter biatch....

I thought Arsenio did a better job on the final project, but wow.. Clay raised some serious $$$

Congrats to Arsenio on the win, never been a Clay fan and glad to see him in second again.

I don't like Aubrey and she completely annoyed my the whole season, but Arsenio called her a whore and I can understand why she said those things about him. I think she was completely right.

I don't think Arsenio deserved to win either. He hardly did anything the whole season, and Adam practically did this whole task. If you didn't know who the PM was last week, you definitely would have thought it was Adam and not Arsenio.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #3
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz View Post
I don't like Aubrey and she completely annoyed my the whole season, but Arsenio called her a whore and I can understand why she said those things about him. I think she was completely right.
Arsenio had disclosed on "The View" (May 16) -- see video below at the 9 minute mark -- that when Aubrey was on his team the first time, she was showing Teresa photos on her phone of numerous different previous lovers' penises, and there were LOTS of different penises (penii?). As awkward and inappropriate as that was, he tried to ignore her awful braggadocio and move on with the task. But it was that sort of behavior, plus her incredible narcissism and insults towards him as Project Manager, which contributed to his blow-out. Based on the photos on her phone, I would tend to agree with Arsenio's label for Aubrey.

Arsenio on "The View"

Of course, you are free to think what you want, but if you understand some of the behind-the-scenes details which never made the final cut/edit of the show, your view might change.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by getreal : 05-21-2012 at 02:38 AM.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Not as bad as Joan Rivers, but Clay certainly deserved to win over Arsenio. The cast even seemed to all be picking him as winner. Not to mention Lisa even liking Clay so much that she donated money in a fundraising task to the other team. And Arsenio being emotional (which is why Lisa was fired) and calling people names, both of which Clay never did.

It's irritating that Trump just does what he wants even when everybody else is saying differently.

And he really kept bringing up Miss Universe all the time. It's almost as if he has a stake in that
Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Not as bad as Joan Rivers, but Clay certainly deserved to win over Arsenio.
The problem with Joan winning wasn't that Annie deserve to win (although she certainly did!).

The issue was that Joan was a evil nasty person that Trump should in no way have wanted to be "representative" of his show. Clay certainly wasn't like that. Now if it were Lisa in the finals, then I could see the Joan Rivers comparison...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
jeepair

I like them both and they both deserved to be in the finals, I just think Trump picked the wrong winner.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
Sadara
huh?

I liked them both. I guess I didn't care which one won.

I was just glad for it to be over, I couldn't stand Aubrey. That video from The View is interesting, pretty much sums up my opinion of her already. Aubrey was so over the top that my husband stopped watching weeks ago!
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair View Post
I like them both and they both deserved to be in the finals, I just think Trump picked the wrong winner.
He's done that the entire season.

I loved when they showed Dayanna "crying".
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
Test

What was that talk about Arsenio getting another shot at late night tv? Is that just what he wants to get out of doing this reality show?
Old 05-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
What was that talk about Arsenio getting another shot at late night tv? Is that just what he wants to get out of doing this reality show?
Like most of the D-list celebs on the show, he came on for the pub. Doubt he gets a late night gig out of it tho. Wonder what he's been doing all these years for money, apparently not comedy; he said his standup was rusty.

The editing was poor in the finale in that it didn't show why Trump chose Arsenio over Clay and of course Trump doesn't explain himself. Arsenio trying to get his own way was painful; trying to convince Adam not to go with a roast theme. Guess he didn't get his way with the PM.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Thought Clays PSA was better, thought his presentation was better and he about tripled the amount of money he raised. Yea he should have lost.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
Thought Clays PSA was better, thought his presentation was better and he about tripled the amount of money he raised. Yea he should have lost.
And Clay's party was better. All Arsenio did was put out some liquor.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Like most of the D-list celebs on the show, he came on for the pub. Doubt he gets a late night gig out of it tho. Wonder what he's been doing all these years for money, apparently not comedy; he said his standup was rusty.

The editing was poor in the finale in that it didn't show why Trump chose Arsenio over Clay and of course Trump doesn't explain himself. Arsenio trying to get his own way was painful; trying to convince Adam not to go with a roast theme. Guess he didn't get his way with the PM.
Ah ok, maybe Trump picked him as the winner because they have a late night talk show in the works.

Other than that theory, I have no idea why he won.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #14
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
I didn't watch this season because of him picking Joan Rivers that season. Seems like he did the same thing this year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
Amnesia
The Question

Arsenio is definitely not Joan...
Old 05-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
So both charities ended up getting over $300k. I do not have a problem with this. Clay and Arsenio seem like genuinely nice people.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #17
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
Arsenio is definitely not Joan...
Oh, I hope not. I'm not knocking Arsenio, but many people here seem to think Clay did better in the task and should have won.

But Trump picking Joan basically ended my enjoyment of that show. One person deciding who gets kicked off each week, regardless of what happens in the tasks? Forget it.

I read some of the threads here, but that's it.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #18
Cearbhaill
I was provoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Ah ok, maybe Trump picked him as the winner because they have a late night talk show in the works.

Other than that theory, I have no idea why he won.
Comcast just announced a new Magic Johnson cable channel.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...el-aspire.html
"The initiative begins to fulfill a promise the cable operator made last year when it was seeking the federal government's approval of its more than $14 billion merger with NBCUniversal."

It all becomes clear.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #19
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz View Post
I don't think Arsenio deserved to win either. He hardly did anything the whole season, and Adam practically did this whole task. If you didn't know who the PM was last week, you definitely would have thought it was Adam and not Arsenio.
Being a successful PM, or head of a company, doesn't mean doing all the work yourself. It means hiring the right people who you can trust to do the work that is need to accomplish your vision. I think both Arsenio and Clay did this successfully in this final task, but they had differnet management styles. Arsenio pretty much let people do their thing, while Clay wanted to be more involved in every aspect.

I think they both did a great job, but as usual Trump never explains his reason for picking the final person. Who won the final task??? Other than the fund-raising, I don't think he mentioned the final task.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #20
Amnesia
The Question

During the PSA, Johnson said something about "serving minority communities" and checking out the group's Web site, I see the same thing:
Quote:
Since its inception in 1991, the Magic Johnson Foundation has had a significant, impact towards positively changing the face of urban, minority communities.
I had thought that it was focused on AIDS/HIV issues for everyone, not just blacks/hispanics.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #21
DanB

wow, who was responsible for lighting the live shots of Arsenio and Clay at the table. Trump was lighted well. Every time they showed Clay he reminded me of Count Dracula with all the shadows.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #22
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
During the PSA, Johnson said something about "serving minority communities" and checking out the group's Web site, I see the same thing:

I had thought that it was focused on AIDS/HIV issues for everyone, not just blacks/hispanics.
Throughout the season I heard Arsenio mention a couple of times that the charity was for minorities, not everyone with HIV. I know he mentioned it last night. Doesn't seem very "charitable" to exclude people based on race.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #23
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Throughout the season I heard Arsenio mention a couple of times that the charity was for minorities, not everyone with HIV. I know he mentioned it last night. Doesn't seem very "charitable" to exclude people based on race.
Just another way the black man is keeping the white man down.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #24
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
You're joking right? Maybe because as a minority, they don't have the same access to treatment.

Clay's charity was only for kids with disabilities...not everyone. Not very "inclusive", huh?
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #25
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
You're joking right? Maybe because as a minority, they don't have the same access to treatment.

Clay's charity was only for kids with disabilities...not everyone. Not very "inclusive", huh?
Your analogy would only fit if Clay's charity was only for children of one race.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
Why would that be? Perhaps if it were for low-income people of all races, then sure...
Old 05-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #27
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
They set up their HIV clinics in areas that are predominately made up of minorities. That doesn't mean they turn white people away.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #28
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
What do Joan Rivers and Arsenio have in common over Annie Duke and Clay?

Joan Rivers and Arsenio (assuming he does get a late night gig, which sounded more as a positive to me than just an "I hope") is they're in a much better position in their chosen professions to get Trump some publicity than Annie and Clay are.

I remember noticing once that Amanda had quite the badonkadonk, but when she took Trumps raincoat last night - Yowza!!!

The bit with Andretti at the beginning was actually kind of entertaining.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #29
xyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Arsenio had disclosed on "The View" (May 16) -- see video below at the 9 minute mark -- that when Aubrey was on his team the first time, she was showing Teresa photos on her phone of numerous different previous lovers' penises, and there were LOTS of different penises (penii?). As awkward and inappropriate as that was, he tried to ignore her awful braggadocio and move on with the task. But it was that sort of behavior, plus her incredible narcissism and insults towards him as Project Manager, which contributed to his blow-out. Based on the photos on her phone, I would tend to agree with Arsenio's label for Aubrey.

Arsenio on "The View"

Of course, you are free to think what you want, but if you understand some of the behind-the-scenes details which never made the final cut/edit of the show, your view might change.

Interesting... Thanks for posting. On my way out the door now, but I'll watch it later. Maybe I will change my mind.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #30
Boston Fan

The MJF is about much, much more than HIV/AIDS.
Boston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote