TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #31
lessd

I have seen this once, last night after reading this post. It resumed play right away so I will see if it happens again.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #32
jcole66

Margaret,

I emailed you all my info last week. This has been an on-going streaming problem since this update. I've found if I reboot either one of my Premiere TiVo's I can stream for a while before the error returns. Over the weekend I just got into a routine of rebooting my Living Room TiVo if I knew I'd want to stream something from the Bedroom TiVo. Obviously this is not the best scenario or user experience but for the moment it's how I'm getting by.

I appreciate any update on this issue.
jcole66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #33
sharkster

I had posted a while back that this was a VERY infrequent occurrence for me.

Well, since the update, it happens pretty much every time I'm streaming - at least once per show. Only one time did it take me a couple of times to try and continue watching.

But it IS happening a LOT more than it was before the update. Before it was maybe one in 10 shows (I was MRSing a lot) and now it's pretty much at least once per show.

I have a pretty steady, wireless, network, FWIW.

It would be pretty impossible for me to wire everything together in my house but I don't think that should be necessary since it was working fine before. Well, I could possibly wire the two Tivos together. Can that be done to create wired without wiring to my router also? I have a Cat5 cable under my house from when I had my two Series 2 machines wired together for MRV. I don't know what all is involved in that.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #34
h00ligan

5 seconds of any show. Error. Retry. 5 seconds. Error. Retry.

TiVo support suggested I reboot my network. I had. Did it again, same result.

Transfers without a hitch. Won't stream.
h00ligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #35
h00ligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Most people aren't having an issue are they? I have not seen any issues yet using MRS on my gigabit network. If TiVo screwed it I would think most people woul be having this issue. Not just a handful.
Most people didn't have the grey screen issue, many did.

Could be any number of things, even something to do with Cale cards, tuning adapters, etc.

However. Nothing else changes, TiVo updates, error occurs. Not rocket science.
h00ligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #36
robaustin

V68 error here as well. Rebooted both Tivos and my router. Same thing.

--*Rob
robaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #37
arizon

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by robaustin View Post
V68 error here as well. Rebooted both Tivos and my router. Same thing.

--*Rob
Before the update, I could stream without issues most of the time (one of my PXL is wireless). Since the update was applied to both of my PXLs, I have not been able to stream once. I usually stream from wireless unit to wired unit. I can get the remote menu to show me what shows are available but when I hit the final play confirmation, I get a complaint about the network not working. So, yesterday I tried to stream in the reverse direction for me (wired to wireless) and this time I saw this V68 error I had not seen before... Nothing in the update information I have seen indicates that changes were made to streaming, so I don't get it.

Note: My network (router, router software, etc...) has not changed at all. The only difference appears to be the new update.

2 TPXLs w/ Lifetime On Cox Tucson:
#1: (20.2) [Hard wired] w/ 1 TB WD DVR Expander + SA CC ($2/month) + Cisco TA ($0)
#2: (20.2) [Tivo Wireless N @ 5 GHz] + SA CC ($2/month) + Cisco TA ($0)
arizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #38
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

I just ran into this for the first time the other day. Very annoying. Ended up switching rooms to finish watching my program. Both TiVos are wired, same software.

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #39
robaustin

I received a tweet from Margret (TivoDEsign) that they are working on the V68 issue.

--*Rob
Old 05-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #40
lessd

Quote:
I received a tweet from Margret (TivoDEsign) that they are working on the V68 issue.

--*Rob
Good news as my wife starting to complain about this.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #41
Wingershute

I have the same problem. Any fixes for this?

Roamio Plus Lifetime
Mini Lifetime X 3
2 Premieres Lifetime
TiVo S2 doa
8tb server
Wingershute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #42
ajwees41

same issue for me streaming a video from a wired connection to a wireless bridged tivo the wireless tivo can connect to get updates just fine just freezes on streaming sometimes.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #43
sharkster

Quote:

--*Rob
That's good to know. All my errors are V68 errors. That said, however, it has gotten considerably better since right after the last update. For a while, right after the update, I was having it happen up to a few times per program. Now I have it happen about once every other show I'm streaming.

Are others having less of a problem with this? BTW, I'm home network wireless/Tivo adapters.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #44
celtic pride

I have have had trouble streaming with both the old software and the new software,i have 2 tivo premiere XL hooked up by ethernert cable with cisco linksys powerline adapters. in my case wether i transfer a program or just try to watch a program from the bedroom to living room or vice versa,when i pause or fastforward the show the picture and sound stutter real bad making the show unberable to watchj! I called tivo and they suggested i get the tivo N adapters. are any of you guys with mrs problem using the tivo N adapters? or do you think that would help solve the problem? i'm not sure i want to spend another $170.00 fo2 tivo N adapters just to use streaming.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #45
sharkster

I mostly think that they just like to sell the Tivo branded adapters. I could be wrong, but that's the vibe I get. BTW, should you decide to try them, they have reconditioned ones for $30 less per. That makes a pretty good difference price-wise. Also, if you are already a customer, they tend to offer you a better deal on the phone.

When I got my two Premieres I kind of balked at the $90 each for the adapters and then he offered me a BOGOF for them. If that weren't good enough, then he noticed he had the reconditioned ones for $59 so I said I was cool with that. Then I asked if I still got the BOGOF and he said, of course. Oddly, what he did was charge me for one refurb at $59 and then ordered me a NEW one as the free one. So I ended up paying just $59 for the both of them. Haven't had any problem with the one that is a refurb (so far, anyway - it's only been just under 3 months).
Old 06-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #46
aaronwt
HD Addict

So far the only time I've seen the V68 error was when I was testing the Multi-Room streaming and had three streams going out of an Elite to my other three Premieres and had a stream coming in to the Elite as well from one of the other Premieres. It would work for a while and then the V68 error would pop up and sometimes one or two of the streams would stop and sometimes they would all stop. But as long as I eliminated one of those four streams, and kept it down to three streams, it was fine.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #47
brian083071

Same here, just tried MRS for the first time last night and getting the V68 error message after about 1-2 minutes into transferring 2 different programs on 2 different nights. It starts sounding like a skipping record every couple of seconds then the v68 message pops up. I hope fix is coming soon because this sucks.
brian083071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #48
sharkster

Still having the problem off and on. I'm pretty sure it's not my network, rather Tivo's problem. The error message gives a URL to go to on the Tivo site, that doesn't even exist.

Hopefully they are making some headway with this.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #49
robaustin

Tweeted with Tivo Margret this morning. A software update is coming this week to address this issue. If you want priority updating of your box - submit your TSN here:

http://www.tivo.com/mytivo/software-priority-request/

You should get the update within 3 days. Make sure both your Tivos have the update before testing MRS.

--*Rob
Old 06-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #50
MC Hammer

Quote:
Tweeted with Tivo Margret this morning. A software update is coming this week to address this issue. If you want priority updating of your box - submit your TSN here:

http://www.tivo.com/mytivo/software-priority-request/

You should get the update within 3 days. Make sure both your Tivos have the update before testing MRS.

--*Rob
Again, no where has anyone from Tivo posted that the update will be available in 3 days. You should read the entire message you get upon submitting your TSN. It says you will receive the update within 3 days of it becoming available.
MC Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #51
sharkster

I went ahead to register mine for the latest. Oddly, the first one took and the second one said I was already registered. No worries. I hope it's the fixer-upper.

Fortunately, the last few days I've had flawless MRS viewing. (whispering - yay)
Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #52
robaustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Hammer View Post
Again, no where has anyone from Tivo posted that the update will be available in 3 days. You should read the entire message you get upon submitting your TSN. It says you will receive the update within 3 days of it becoming available.
My mom always said "it's not what you say, it's how you say it". No need to be condescending. You are correct, and I didn't read it carefully enough, but you sound as if you're tired of correcting people or rolling your eyes.

Relax.....take a breath.....and sometimes saying it just a little nicer is better....

--*Rob