TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #1
Lopey

NCIS 5/15/12 Season Finale

Wow, pretty good ending. Going to be a long summer waiting to find out what happens! It has been pretty obvious that Duckies time was coming to an end, I'm guessing there is the possibility that he could recover. Wonder if Palmer will take over as the head ME or not. All in all, I would say this was another great NCIS season, and I am looking forward to the next!
Lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
jeepair

Palmer isn't skilled enought for that job yet.

I'm guessing/hoping the guy who was going to disarm the bomb, Cole?, escaped the blast. I actually said no when Gibbs handed over his Zero Tolerance knife.

Really enjoyed the people who vacated the building... walking right next to Gibbs and the soon exploding car. lol.

I've always wondered why is Abby's lab right where people walking by can look in! Even if the building is in a "secure area" its still very dumb.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
markz
Hilarity Ensues

The two I am worried about are Duckie and McGee. Duckie appears to have had heart attack, and Mcgee seemed to take the full brunt of the flying glass.

Looks like Gibbs and Abby hit the floor in time. Looks like Ziva and Tony may be stuck in the elevator shaft. Better make good use of your time alone with Ziva, Tony!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

I liked Jamie Lee Curtis in this..I hope she comes back next season. I get a kick out of Abbys windows, just never realized how easy it was to see inside her lab.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
I liked Jamie Lee Curtis in this..I hope she comes back next season.

I'm hoping that Gibbs won't forgive her for not helping his team.
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

I'm getting so tired of the whole "it's the season finale, so you have to wait until next year to find out who has died" crapola.

Pushing characters around on a chessboard to manipulate the audience is not the same as good writing.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
eddyj

Son of a *****! We had a huge storm and I missed a good chunk due to lost satellite reception. From when they get to the kid's school to when Gibbs hands over the knife. I didn't realize how big a chunk was missing, until I watched it. When will this be available on the CBS site? (I hope it will be!)
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #8
JMikeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
I'm getting so tired of the whole "it's the season finale, so you have to wait until next year to find out who has died" crapola.

Pushing characters around on a chessboard to manipulate the audience is not the same as good writing.

Agreed.
JMikeD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #9
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
Son of a *****! We had a huge storm and I missed a good chunk due to lost satellite reception. From when they get to the kid's school to when Gibbs hands over the knife. I didn't realize how big a chunk was missing, until I watched it. When will this be available on the CBS site? (I hope it will be!)
Whew! Just watched the missing parts. And I am with murgatroyd, I am getting so tired of the did they live or die cliffhangers on everything.
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #10
Idearat

Count me in as one who thinks that these B.S. cliffhanger finales are old and tired. I assume they do it for one of two reasons:

--Contracts are up for negotiation with the actors and it's a threat that they could be written out of the show easily.
--The have so little faith that viewers won't come back next season that they resort to stunts. They might as well tell us to tune back in the fall, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
GAViewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
Mcgee seemed to take the full brunt of the flying glass.

Looks like Gibbs and Abby hit the floor in time.
In the real world that much explosives wouldn't just blow out windows, it would blow out walls and floors.
GAViewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #12
Sadara
huh?

Jeez, it's going to be a long summer! Duckie? And the others and who's alive and not alive? Crazy Crazy!

Too many shows with cliff hangers this year. I love and hate the cliff hangers at the same time!!
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
Church AV Guy

If you hate the tension, just do a search on which acotrs have signed contracts for next year. Yeah, it's cheating, but the information is out there, and it relieves the stress.

With all the mentions of the wedding, I would have bet that it was Jimmy and his girlfriend that were going to be the target. I was faked out on that one.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #14
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
If you hate the tension, just do a search on which acotrs have signed contracts for next year. Yeah, it's cheating, but the information is out there, and it relieves the stress.
Zero stress or tension here. I actually care less about the outcome when they play this kind of game. The season premiere will come around and I guess the writers will do the "ha ha, we made you think they were dead" thing. Me, I'll be Ok once they move on from the games and get on with the show.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Zero stress or tension here. I actually care less about the outcome when they play this kind of game. The season premiere will come around and I guess the writers will do the "ha ha, we made you think they were dead" thing. Me, I'll be Ok once they move on from the games and get on with the show.
Good for you! I'm not the least concerned either. It's all fake drama...

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #16
ADG
Allan

Quote:
The two I am worried about are Duckie and McGee. Duckie appears to have had heart attack, and Mcgee seemed to take the full brunt of the flying glass.

Looks like Gibbs and Abby hit the floor in time. Looks like Ziva and Tony may be stuck in the elevator shaft. Better make good use of your time alone with Ziva, Tony!
I wouldn't worry too much about McGee since Sean Murray is part of the Bellisario family. And I'm guessing David McCallum has a job for as long as he wants it - he's just integral to the NCIS family (clearly just my opinion).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #17
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
Whew! Just watched the missing parts. And I am with murgatroyd, I am getting so tired of the did they live or die cliffhangers on everything.
Agreed with everyone on this, I'm so tired of the "who lives, who dies?" finales.
I gave a lot of credit this year to the Criminal Minds finale on how to do it right.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #18
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about McGee since Sean Murray is part of the Bellisario family. And I'm guessing David McCallum has a job for as long as he wants it - he's just integral to the NCIS family (clearly just my opinion).
I thought Bellisario left NCIS after his argument with Harmon.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #19
ADG
Allan

Quote:
I thought Bellisario left NCIS after his argument with Harmon.
I hadn't heard that.

Also, it's not a spoiler since it's been reported widely in the news, but I'll just post a link in case anyone doesn't want to know --- here's who have signed on for two more seasons with the show:

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/05/dav...ion-with-ncis/

Old 05-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #20
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG View Post
I hadn't heard that.

Also, it's not a spoiler since it's been reported widely in the news, but I'll just post a link in case anyone doesn't want to know --- here's who have signed on for two more seasons with the show:

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/05/dav...ion-with-ncis/
If you google "bellisario harmon feud" you will get some articles from 2008. Here is one:

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/nov...t/et-channel17

Quote:
a poisonous rift with star Mark Harmon led to the sudden and unceremonious departure of co-creator Don Bellisario, who happens to be one of the most successful producers in TV history

Old 05-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #21
alpacaboy

Hmm... I just realized I still think of David McCallum as Illya Kuryakin, even though he's been Ducky for more than twice as long...
alpacaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #22
Worf

Well, I notice that NCIS has TWO producers now in the opening credits (I never noticed it earlier). I suspect he's still got a guiding hand (it still has the Bellisario logo at the end).

He's basically split his time with NCIS and NCIS LA, which probably keeps tensions low.
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #23
kmccbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpacaboy View Post
Hmm... I just realized I still think of David McCallum as Illya Kuryakin, even though he's been Ducky for more than twice as long...
So do I.

I still remberer the exchange between Kate and Gibbs in one episode.
Kate: What did "Ducky" look like when he was younger?
Gibbs: He looked like Illy Kuryakin.

I think in that episode they also scanned over a few framed pictures in his home that was a B&W picture of McCallum in a suite with a triangular badge.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #24
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
Well, I notice that NCIS has TWO producers now in the opening credits (I never noticed it earlier). I suspect he's still got a guiding hand (it still has the Bellisario logo at the end).

He's basically split his time with NCIS and NCIS LA, which probably keeps tensions low.
The logo at the end is for his production company, which still produces the show.

His credit at the beginning is "executive producer" or something like that, which he retains as the creator of the show, but he's totally hands-off.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #25
Fl_Gulfer
Tivo's R Us

No one ever dies on NCIS unless they want off the show. So we will see everyone next season I bet.
It was a hell of a finally though. and so was NCIS LA
DirecTV Genie
2 DirecTV HR24 HD DVR
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #26
Jon J
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmccbf View Post

I think in that episode they also scanned over a few framed pictures in his home that was a B&W picture of McCallum in a suite with a triangular badge.
This is one of my most memorable scenes in the entire series.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #27
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

With all the mentions of the wedding, I would have bet that it was Jimmy and his girlfriend that were going to be the target. I was faked out on that one.
Yeah, I bit on that fakeout, too, when they started listening at the background of the tape and said the bell sound was the Navy chapel.

And the "stress of not knowing who lives or dies" is not the point. Seeing characters that we've watched for a long time get beaten up for the sake of a dumb storyline is just not fun. If you're going to put people in peril, make it for a good reason, not for an idiot plot.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #28
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmccbf View Post
So do I.

"The Meat Puzzle" was the name of the episode

Old 05-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #29
Mikeyis4dcats

I actually am a little disappointed to read
Spoiler:
that Ducky isn't dead
. Not in that I don't like him, but
Spoiler:
to have a heart attack on a deserted beach, fixed pupil and all, and survive is stretching it.

Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #30
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG
"The Meat Puzzle" was the name of the episode
Those who are interested, this episode is airing Thursday night (5/24) on USA
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote