TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
nirisahn

Supernatural 5/10/12

So who thinks there might be another season in the works? The Alpha said "see you next season" as the Winchesters were leaving his house. Also, I don't see how they can wrap everything up in the one episode that's left.
nirisahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
fliptheflop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirisahn View Post
So who thinks there might be another season in the works? The Alpha said "see you next season" as the Winchesters were leaving his house. Also, I don't see how they can wrap everything up in the one episode that's left.
Its coming back it was announced a week ago.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/the-...ies-and-90210/
fliptheflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
nirisahn

I guess I'm behind the times. Happy though. It's been said many times before, but I'm gonna say it again. The worst episode of Supernatural is still better than most of the other stuff on tv. It's consistantly well written and always holds my interest. I can't think of an episode where I sat thinking, "when is this gonna be over?"
nirisahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:59 AM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Let me just say I agree.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...71#post9091271

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
cheesesteak
Meh.

I love Supernatural but the Leviathans just don't seem very threatening and even my inner 12 year old is getting tired of all the dick jokes.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
I love Supernatural but the Leviathans just don't seem very threatening and even my inner 12 year old is getting tired of all the dick jokes.
I'm ashamed to admit I laughed at the news anchor saying "It's hard to beat Dick."

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirisahn View Post
Given its ratings, it was a lock for renewal. The only thing that could have caused its cancellation would have been if the boys hadn't signed up for another year. They both said they were through with the show two years ago, but they keep coming back. I'm not complaining.

Who or what are left after the Leviathan, Thor and Odin?

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
They both said they were through with the show two years ago, but they keep coming back.
I suspect in both cases their careers have peaked, on some level they know it, and they're just trying to extend the peak as long as they can.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #9
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I suspect in both cases their careers have peaked, on some level they know it, and they're just trying to extend the peak as long as they can.
I don't know about that, but they're probably trying to get as many episodes in the can for residuals from DVD sales and syndication.

And it's probably a fun show to do. They seem to enjoy working with each other.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
Church AV Guy

By now, most shows would have almost completely worn out. I don' t know how much longer they can continue to deliver, but as long as they make good episodes, I'll continue to watch. There have been some poor ones this year, but there have also been some excellent ones too. When you do this kind of thing, you get some hits, and some misses.

I missed Cas most of this year. He always got the best lines.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy
By now, most shows would have almost completely worn out. I don' t know how much longer they can continue to deliver, but as long as they make good episodes, I'll continue to watch. There have been some poor ones this year, but there have also been some excellent ones too. When you do this kind of thing, you get some hits, and some misses.

I missed Cas most of this year. He always got the best lines.
I was pretty sure that with Kripke's passing of the torch the show would suffer a dip in quality. That happened for maybe the first three or four episodes following the turnover, but it recovered very well and remains a great show. I still look forward to it every week.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 05-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Both Jared and Jensen have tried their hands at movies and failed miserably.

Bad enough I can't even remember any of the movies they've been in.

I think they're elated to be picked up for another season.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #13
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I was pretty sure that with Kripke's passing of the torch the show would suffer a dip in quality. That happened for maybe the first three or four episodes following the turnover, but it recovered very well and remains a great show. I still look forward to it every week.
I'll second that. I was about to write the exact same thing until I read your post.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbobo

I'll second that. I was about to write the exact same thing until I read your post.
I ante-smeeked you?

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 05-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #15
Michelle5150
Still in Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
It'll be interesting to see what'll happen next year with Sera Gamble stepping down and Jeremy Carver taking over. Hope the show regains some of it's focus and has stronger season long story lines.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #16
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle5150 View Post
It'll be interesting to see what'll happen next year with Sera Gamble stepping down and Jeremy Carver taking over. Hope the show regains some of it's focus and has stronger season long story lines.
And if moving to Wednesday does anything to the ratings.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote