TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #31
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
We are saying the same thing.
Yes, I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was just using your comment as a jumping off point to state what I think will happen next week (based on what Adam and his crew said on the podcast).
Old 05-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #32
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Some people may be upset at the lack of spoiler tags (not me).
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #33
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Speculation is not spoilers
Old 05-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #34
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
I was just speculating. I have not listened to Adam's podcast.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #35
windracer
joined the 10k club

I used spoiler tags, but apparently no one wanted to read them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #36
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
I used spoiler tags, but apparently no one wanted to read them.
I never read spoilers. I don't even watch previews for upcoming episodes.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #37
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Spoiler:
DevdogAZ's post mentions something that windracer had in spoiler tags. From the way he stated it, it sounds as if he read the spoiler (not speculation).

Old 05-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #38
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLC View Post
Spoiler:
DevdogAZ's post mentions something that windracer had in spoiler tags. From the way he stated it, it sounds as if he read the spoiler (not speculation).
I have no idea what will happen in the next episode. On his podcast, Adam didn't seem to indicate what would happen. He simply speculated on what happened with the video and his employee who shot the video said what was shot. My post was purely speculative, and frankly, there's nothing in windracer's spoilered text that is truly a spoiler either. He just provided speculative info that Adam gave on his Tuesday podcast.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #39
markb

You'd think that these days, it would be pretty easy to "direct" a video shoot from across the country. Just setup a live webcam. You'd still probably want a local director, and you'd still need to download the high resolution version later, but at least you could catch mistakes like this.

You could just use two iPhones with Facetime, for instance.
markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #40
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I have no idea what will happen in the next episode. On his podcast, Adam didn't seem to indicate what would happen. He simply speculated on what happened with the video and his employee who shot the video said what was shot. My post was purely speculative, and frankly, there's nothing in windracer's spoilered text that is truly a spoiler either. He just provided speculative info that Adam gave on his Tuesday podcast.
You mean this wasn't speculative?
Quote:
Spoiler:
There is a second file with Magic looking the proper direction. It wasn't a joke, though. The way he explained it Adam wanted a tight shot and a wide shot, but not necessarily a 90-degree angle shot. They had three cameras at the shoot.
I thought it was fact.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #41
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLC View Post
You mean this wasn't speculative? I thought it was fact.
All that was said on Adam's podcast was that
Spoiler:
Adam's crew had three different cameras and shot from three different angles. Adam and his guys speculated that this was just typical reality TV fake drama and that when the next episode starts, the editor will magically get the files with the other camera angles and all will be OK. However, Adam doesn't know that since he hasn't seen how it was edited. Also, assuming the files show up, it sounds like Adam wasn't thrilled with the camera angles/composition that was used.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #42
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
How do you figure? He won every task he was on. And he's a better manager than most. He doesn't micro-manage, and makes the most out of his team.
If you mean he knows how to delegate and then acquiesce to those with stronger personalities then yes Arsenio is a strong player. In which task will you remember him by? In both the tasks in which he was project manager he got run over by Aubrey and then won and in the task where he tanked 'Celebrity Guidebook', they won despite him by the slimmest of margins..$14.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #43
getreal
postcrastinator

Well, I will speculate that Arsenio will win, based on
Spoiler:
"Clay Aiken by Penn Jillette" by Penn Jillette. It seems to include most Celebrity Apprentice contestants except for Clay Aiken.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #44
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Spoiler:
"Clay Aiken by Penn Jillette" by Penn Jillette. It seems to include most Celebrity Apprentice contestants except for Clay Aiken.
Spoiler:
Not sure what about that song leads anyone to conclude anything about the eventual winner. And what do you mean it doesn't include Clay Aiken? It's in the title and the lyrics. If you mean in the video version, there were a *bunch* of contestants from this season not included. I'm not sure I saw Arsenio in it either. What am I missing.

Boston Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #45
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Spoiler:
Not even Penn knows who the winner is yet, since it will be announced live this coming Sunday.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #46
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Not even Penn knows who the winner is yet, since it will be announced live this coming Sunday.
Don't forget that Penn is a magician...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #47
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I have to chime in again here. On Penn's podcast when he premiered the song, he said originally Clay was supposed to sing it with him but they ran into legal issues. So a lot of the lyrics singing about Penn are actually supposed to be Clay singing.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #48
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Spoiler:
I have to chime in again here. On Penn's podcast when he premiered the song, he said originally Clay was supposed to sing it with him but they ran into legal issues. So a lot of the lyrics singing about Penn are actually supposed to be Clay singing.
Spoiler:
Likely just a licensing thing, since Clay is signed with a label

Old 05-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #49
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Spoiler:
I realize that the finale will be "live", so no decision has been televised yet, but
Spoiler:
I was just getting the vibe that Clay's lack of even appearing in the video meant that he might be harboring some ill will towards Penn, possibly for blowing the task (although I personally think Penn saved it with his idea). I hope that I am wrong about that. I can understand that Clay may be legally obligated to NOT lend his voice to the song, but I would think that he should still be able to lend his image to the video.

We'll just have to wait and see ...

Old 05-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #50
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
If you mean he knows how to delegate and then acquiesce to those with stronger personalities then yes Arsenio is a strong player. In which task will you remember him by? In both the tasks in which he was project manager he got run over by Aubrey and then won and in the task where he tanked 'Celebrity Guidebook', they won despite him by the slimmest of margins..$14.
A win is still a win. And he would have won by a bigger margin if Leno's check had arrived on time. And between the final 4, I think Trump picked the best 4 (now, I don't think it was the best Final 4, but that's not the point). Aubrey lost more tasks for people than she really won. And Lisa never really won anything. She was a workhorse, but also an awful person.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #51
Dnamertz

Quote:
A win is still a win. And he would have won by a bigger margin if Leno's check had arrived on time. And between the final 4, I think Trump picked the best 4 (now, I don't think it was the best Final 4, but that's not the point). Aubrey lost more tasks for people than she really won. And Lisa never really won anything. She was a workhorse, but also an awful person.
That is a better way to look at it....how many losses they were responsible for. Aubrey liked to think that every idea she had was the best…but more of those ideas led to losses, not wins (same with Lisa). In business you need to know when an idea or project is good or bad before taking it on. You can't just run with every idea you have. Sure, Aubrey was creative, but just because you think of a lot of ideas doesn't mean they are all good ideas.

And for someone who said "Aubrey ran over Arsenio when she was project manager"...she ran (or talked) over everyone, even execs they were interviewing. She never stops talking.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #52
Ment

Quote:
So what I'm hearing is that its better to not be responsible for wins or losses (Aubrey/Lisa's - don't criticize for being creative argument) and be middling and just happen to be on winning teams to end up winning CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
In business you need to know when an idea or project is good or bad before taking it on. You can't just run with every idea you have. Sure, Aubrey was creative, but just because you think of a lot of ideas doesn't mean they are all good ideas.

And for someone who said "Aubrey ran over Arsenio when she was project manager"...she ran (or talked) over everyone, even execs they were interviewing. She never stops talking.
Arsenio's ideas were? Aubrey ran over Arsenio because everytime they had a conflict she got her way. Contrast to Clay with Debbie - no sketch-no mural.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #53
Jebberwocky!

Debbie isn't Aubrey
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #54
markb

Quote:
And between the final 4, I think Trump picked the best 4 (now, I don't think it was the best Final 4, but that's not the point).
Not following here. Did you intend to say that Trump picked the best final two out of the final four?
Old 05-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #55
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post
Not following here. Did you intend to say that Trump picked the best final two out of the final four?
By firing everybody else, Trump picked the final 16, the final 15, the final 14, etc. So Trump essentially picked the final 4, and now it's down to the final 2 which is also due to Trump's selection process.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #56
markb

Quote:
By firing everybody else, Trump picked the final 16, the final 15, the final 14, etc. So Trump essentially picked the final 4, and now it's down to the final 2 which is also due to Trump's selection process.
Uh, right. Trump picked the final 2. So?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #57
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
So what I'm hearing is that its better to not be responsible for wins or losses (Aubrey/Lisa's - don't criticize for being creative argument) and be middling and just happen to be on winning teams to end up winning CA.
No, it's better to contribute (in various ways...not just "creative"), get along with others, be a team player, not manipulate, and not be disruptive to your team. If Aubrey was the creator of every idea every week, and her teams had a better winning percentage then she would have an argument...but they lost more than they won.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #58
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post
Sorry, yes. Of the final 4 available, I think Trump picked the best Final 2.

Of the final 4, I don't think they were the top 4 overall.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #59
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
No, it's better to contribute (in various ways...not just "creative"), get along with others, be a team player, not manipulate, and not be disruptive to your team. If Aubrey was the creator of every idea every week, and her teams had a better winning percentage then she would have an argument...but they lost more than they won.
Exactly. If all of Aubry's ideas were great, and she won, she would be in the final 2. If she didn't try and claim everything as her idea, it would have helped as well. I think Trump saw through her "it was all my idea" all the time, especially when others said it was their idea.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #60
Ment

Quote:
Hey I'll hire some brilliant mercurial personalities and you hire happy worker drones and we'll see who gets ahead. With success comes failure, sometimes more failure than success. If Arsenio was great at execution I'd give him a pass for not being creative but he didn't really even do that much you can point to. Take Arsenio's word for it ""I got two women. One's damn near genius. The other's damn near not." ...Arsenio that applies to you too.