TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > Forum Operations Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
porges

Forum confuses IE9 "Back" list

With Internet Explorer 9, the forum is consistently putting the urls for ads in the "Back" button list, meaning that it takes me 3 or 4 clicks on the Back button to go back one page. I've attached an image with what the list looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tcf.jpg (101.0 KB, 32 views)
porges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
That's because the forum displays the ads as their own pages that you click through. You can pay for a "membership" which disables the ads, or use an ad blocker.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
pteronaut
Registered Snoozer

Still, 'frames' shouldn't appear in the history.
pteronaut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
porges

Yeah, it doesn't happen on either Firefox or Chrome, and I don't think it's always been like this either -- I've had my machine for over a year and just noticed it recently.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
timckelley
TCFer

Yes, this only started happening very recently for me. If this is normal SOP, why is it only now starting to happen? It sounds like either a problem with latest upgrade of IE, or a problem with TCF.

I used to use the back button all the time, primarily to back out of a thread back to the User CP. This latest new behavior is kind of inconvenient.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- slydog75

- Bryanmc
timckelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
Krosis
The Bearded One

It's happening with IE8 as well as on my Android phone's browser, which I guess is a Chrome derivative. Very irritating.
Krosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
bbrown9

It's worse than annoying. Sometimes I get "Error not found" for the ads - which wouldn't be all that bad actually except that tends to make loading the page you want to see take a long time as the ads error out. Sometimes I have to close the browser and start again.

And yes, this is recent. I didn't have this problem a few months ago. And this is the only site where I've seen it happen.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
timckelley
TCFer

Hey, today it's not doing this anymore. The back button now works correctly. I hope it stays like this.

- Tracy

- slydog75

- Bryanmc
Old 06-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
porges

Also fixed for me.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
timckelley
TCFer

Broken again.

- Tracy

- slydog75

- Bryanmc