TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
mm2margaret
Meagan

The Killing | "Off The Reservation" | Season 2 Ep 8 | 5-13-12

Decent Ep. The search for Holder was nicely done - tense and worrisome.

Wonder what they expect to find on the 10th floor, and how in the hell are they going to get up there even if they do get the key? And now that Linden no longer has her badge, how does she manage this? Using Holder?

Mereille Enos' character had a great scene with her son. That was heartbreaking.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
john4200

Linden is just pathetic. I was rooting for her to get beat up or shot when she went to the Reservation all by her self. Doesn't she have a single friend she could have called to back her up? Of course not, who would want to be her friend?

And she lost her son AGAIN? How many times can this fool lose her son? I knew it was coming even before she left him, how could she not?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm2margaret View Post
And now that Linden no longer has her badge, how does she manage this?
What does her badge have to do with it? It's no good on the reservation anyway...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Linden is just pathetic. I was rooting for her to get beat up or shot when she went to the Reservation all by her self. Doesn't she have a single friend she could have called to back her up? Of course not, who would want to be her friend?

And she lost her son AGAIN? How many times can this fool lose her son? I knew it was coming even before she left him, how could she not?
She didn't go all by herself since back up arrived shortly after the indian babe confronted her.

She didn't lose her son, he escaped the cops again and then she put him on a plane to Chicago to be with his father. First smart thing she has done relating to her son.

HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
crazywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywater View Post
She didn't go all by herself since back up arrived shortly after the indian babe confronted her.
She was a surprised as the Indians when the other cops showed up. She thought she was bluffing, and they knew it (since the chief had already arranged the fix).
Old 05-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
john4200

Quote:
She didn't lose her son...
Right, she just went back to where she left her son (despite his strong protests that he didn't want to be left there) and got hysterical when she found that he wasn't there and kept asking the cops where her son was. Of course, she did not lose her son. Right you are. And of course she didn't really lose her son the other two or three times she lost him, either.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Right, she just went back to where she left her son (despite his strong protests that he didn't want to be left there) and got hysterical when she found that he wasn't there and kept asking the cops where her son was. Of course, she did not lose her son. Right you are. And of course she didn't really lose her son the other two or three times she lost him, either.
Right he didn't want to stay there, he wanted to stay with her while she was doing her job. That would be bad. No one's saying she is mother of the year but she finally does something sensible and sends him to stay with his father. The point of that story line is to show that she is failing as a mother. Or do you not get that?

If you hate the show why do you watch.

HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
Old 05-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
She was a surprised as the Indians when the other cops showed up. She thought she was bluffing, and they knew it (since the chief had already arranged the fix).
My interpretation was we were suppose to think she was bluffing and when they do show up see that she actually was not.

HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
Old 05-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
My interpretation was we were suppose to think she was bluffing and when they do show up see that she actually was not.
I think the stunned look on her face, which normally has no expression whatsoever, was meant to be a clue...
Old 05-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
...If you hate the show why do you watch.
This....that's one reason (out of many) he's on my ignore list. I just wish someone on your ignore list would not show up in quoted replies

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #11
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
I think the stunned look on her face, which normally has no expression whatsoever, was meant to be a clue...
...and we actually saw a few smiles on her face in the episode...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
This....that's one reason (out of many) he's on my ignore list. I just wish someone on your ignore list would not show up in quoted replies
There's a Greasemonkey script that removes almost all trace of ignored people...you don't see the "this post is by an ignored dude" thingie, and you don't see quoted posts unless they're on a new page from the original. It's called TCF Better Ignore.

Assuming, of course, that you're using Firefox. Which isn't, of course, a sure thing.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #13
john4200

Quote:
If you hate the show why do you watch.
Where did I say I hate the show?
Old 05-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #14
john4200

Quote:
Yes, she was clearly bluffing and not expecting any backup. She had just tried to get her boss to help, but he refused.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #15
Queue
UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

There was a scene where the lieutenant was at a a few cop cars and the chief pulls up and gets out and walks toward him. Then cut away to continue looking for Holder.

Was that suppose to mean something else? I thought we were going to see some kind of reveal that this new lieutenant was in bed with the reservation also. Or was it just suppose to show a stand off between the two groups?
Queue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #16
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queue View Post
There was a scene where the lieutenant was at a a few cop cars and the chief pulls up and gets out and walks toward him. Then cut away to continue looking for Holder.

Was that suppose to mean something else? I thought we were going to see some kind of reveal that this new lieutenant was in bed with the reservation also. Or was it just suppose to show a stand off between the two groups?
I think we've seen her meeting the lieutenant on another occasion as well so there is something going on there.

HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #17
tiams

Richmond said the election is in 5 days and there are 13 episodes, so the election should happen on the finale. Does anybody watching care much about the election?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #18
sieglinde

Sure. A major story arc is based on Richmond and that is his main focus right now.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #19
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Richmond said the election is in 5 days and there are 13 episodes, so the election should happen on the finale. Does anybody watching care much about the election?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
Sure. A major story arc is based on Richmond and that is his main focus right now.
OK, maybe it's just me. The election is a part of the show I just don't find interesting.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #20
sieglinde

I find Richmond interesting because he is hiding some secret and the body was found in a car related to the campaign. There are just a few episodes left, so we will find out the connection to the car. Richmond investigating this sounds a tad like OJ Simpson saying he would investigate the murder he was involved in. I suspect Richmond is sincere though.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #21
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
I find Richmond interesting because he is hiding some secret and the body was found in a car related to the campaign.
What secret? You mean that he tried to kill himself the night Rosie was murdered?
Old 05-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #22
mike_k

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
OK, maybe it's just me. The election is a part of the show I just don't find interesting.
It's not just you. I'm not interested in the election, either.
mike_k is online now   Reply With Quote