TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
tiams

The Celebrity Apprentice "And Then There Were Two" OAD 5/13/12

I really thought Aubrey was going to be one of the final 2. Having lost so many tasks, she didn't deserve to be, but I thought Trump would pick her for the drama. No need though since she was going to be on the task if not leading it.

No Dayana, no Lou.

Lisa giving $ to Clay's charity- what is Arsenio going to say about that!

Clay is absolutely right for not OKing a mural without seeing something on paper.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Everytime I saw Lisa and Clay together on the show I couldn't help but think of this clip from lisa's standup act.

Lisa on Clay

JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Clay is absolutely right for not OKing a mural without seeing something on paper.
Agreed. And Debbie looks horrible in that whole exchange. Clay was very clear upfront that he wanted to see a sketch first. If Debbie botched the relay of that info on to her cousin, that's on Debbie.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Ment

Arsenio doesn't belong in final 2. Lisa in one of her press interviews about her ouster last week indicated she knew she wasn't going past final 4 from the beginning because she is controversial. That goes for Aubrey as well. Perhaps Trump is afraid the 'Celebrity Apprentice' brand would be hurt if someone won who subsequently was embroiled in some press dust-up down the road.

Adam's Carolla's roadies didn't come thru with the Magic vid? Who woulda thunk it.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Adam's Carolla's roadies didn't come thru with the Magic vid? Who woulda thunk it.
I'm thinking that's got to be a set up. They got Magic to read off camera as a joke and there's a good take afterwards.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
DanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post
I'm thinking that's got to be a set up. They got Magic to read off camera as a joke and there's a good take afterwards.
yeah, I'm kind of leaning that direction as well.

Not sure why Arsenio filmed each celeb individually -- I'd think a group would be better (due to time and really, who cares about these folks individually in this PSA) and then a hand off to MJ. Seems like all the shots should have been in front of green screen -- wasnt a fan of the backdrop of the MJ shot.

I'll be interested to see how much $$ Paul Sr. brings in -- was he only a one time wonder and only when it benefited him?

Liked how Trump said Aubrey was transparent and then Aubrey said later that anyone that said she's transparent can go screw themselves (or something similar). There goes that love couple.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #7
windracer
joined the 10k club

Clay might have lost himself the task just by the team he picked. I know he was trying to show Trump he could work with Penn, but combine that with the Debbie Gibson/Aubrey dynamic ... he's sinking his own ship. Look how much better Arsenio's team is working together right off the bat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Clay might have lost himself the task just by the team he picked. I know he was trying to show Trump he could work with Penn, but combine that with the Debbie Gibson/Aubrey dynamic ... he's sinking his own ship. Look how much better Arsenio's team is working together right off the bat.
Clay's getting the loser edit for sure, but that doesn't necessarily reflect what is really going on
Old 05-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
tiams

Quote:
Magic turned to one side and reading the lines was hysterical!!! I don't think it's a joke at all, I thing it was genuinely, and astoundingly idiotic! And Hilarious! Adam's podcast dudes royally screwed up!

And Adam was right when he said at first he was so grateful that Magic would deign to take the time to do this for Arsenio; until he thought for a second and realized Magic should be sending Arsenio a suitcase full of weed!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I want my 2, ok, my 90 minutes back!
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
I really thought Aubrey was going to be one of the final 2.
She clearly thought so as well.

And I laughed when she was cursing the two guys for picking her last...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #12
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
My thoughts as well as this played out. Total 'gotcha!' on Arsenio by Magic. And that the show ended at that point just solidified that for me. Early in the show next week has Magic revealing the prank and the good footage.

And I loved that Aubrey was picked last - especially Arsenio's lead-ins to his picks alluding to things that fit Aubrey, Aubrey getting that excited "It's me" look and then zing, someone else!

Poor Dee!
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #13
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Even if there is no other Magic footage, it's easily fixable.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #14
Jebberwocky!

how do you fix the crappy audio though?
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #15
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

I didn't know audio was an issue.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #16
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I was thinking this too.

They gotta hook you in to watch next week.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #17
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Arsenio doesn't belong in final 2.
How do you figure? He won every task he was on. And he's a better manager than most. He doesn't micro-manage, and makes the most out of his team.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #18
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
I didn't know audio was an issue.
it was pretty bad, I think the mic was with the camera.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #19
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebberwocky! View Post
it was pretty bad, I think the mic was with the camera.
Yeah, probably. Odd for "audio engineers" to mess that up, though. Regardless, you can hear Magic, although it may not be perfect. The larger issue is him turning to the side. Which is either a joke, or they haven't downloaded a second file (camera angle). Even if that's the only file they have to work with, they simply go to full screen graphics before he turns and everything is fine.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #20
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
Yeah, probably. Odd for "audio engineers" to mess that up, though. Regardless, you can hear Magic, although it may not be perfect. The larger issue is him turning to the side. Which is either a joke, or they haven't downloaded a second file (camera angle). Even if that's the only file they have to work with, they simply go to full screen graphics before he turns and everything is fine.
the whole thing was odd, a true WTF moment.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #21
windracer
joined the 10k club

Regarding the Magic shoot:

Spoiler:
On Adam's podcast today they discussed the edit job of the episode and how the producers created the cliffhanger. There is a second file with Magic looking the proper direction. It wasn't a joke, though. The way he explained it Adam wanted a tight shot and a wide shot, but not necessarily a 90-degree angle shot. They had three cameras at the shoot.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #22
tiams

Quote:
Can't be a joke. Adam was really mortified that he may have screwed it up for Arsenio. He felt guilty for having lied about his crew being professional cameramen when they were really just podcast guys. If it was a joke, Adam would have been at ease with it all. And no way the guys who work for him would play that kind of joke without Adam's approval. This isn't going to sink Arsenio's video though. There will be a solution. But the idiocy of it was still very funny!
Old 05-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #23
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Can't be a joke. Adam was really mortified that he may have screwed it up for Arsenio. He felt guilty for having lied about his crew being professional cameramen when they were really just podcast guys. If it was a joke, Adam would have been at ease with it all. And no way the guys who work for him would play that kind of joke without Adam's approval. This isn't going to sink Arsenio's video though. There will be a solution. But the idiocy of it was still very funny!
It could have been a joke on Adam.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #24
tiams

Quote:
It could have been a joke on Adam.

Quote:
And no way the guys who work for him would play that kind of joke without Adam's approval.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #25
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
You usually don't get the approval of someone you're playing a joke on to play a joke on them.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #26
Jebberwocky!

I wanted Dayana back, man was she eye candy.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #27
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I thought it was a joke by Magic on Arsenio. Adam's reaction could have been legit, and they could still have done it without his approval - I don't see why not if they wind up with a totally usable take anyway.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #28
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
It wasn't a joke. It was simply a convenient point for the producers to cut the show and make it seem like there's some high drama going on.

When the next episode starts, they'll "suddenly realize" that there are more files that just finished downloading, and they'll be the different camera angles that Adam's crew shot, and everything will work out just fine.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #29
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Liked how Trump said Aubrey was transparent and then Aubrey said later that anyone that said she's transparent can go screw themselves (or something similar). There goes that love couple.
I thought "transparent" was the perfect word to describe Aubrey. It was so obvious that everything she said was an effort to prop herself up, and everything she did was an attempt to make her look good at the expense of others. Those cutthroat tactics may work in the "real" business world, but they're not going to fly on a TV show where viewers have to feel some kind of satisfaction with the final result.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #30
tiams

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
It wasn't a joke. It was simply a convenient point for the producers to cut the show and make it seem like there's some high drama going on.

When the next episode starts, they'll "suddenly realize" that there are more files that just finished downloading, and they'll be the different camera angles that Adam's crew shot, and everything will work out just fine.
We are saying the same thing.